What Is Methylene Blue? Benefits? Dangers?

Peatri Dish

Peat talks about it in the 11-21-14 KMUD Herb Doctors interview.
It's actually a dye. It's used to clean fish tanks, but it has some therapeutic effects. Obviously it's a little more complex than that. Give a listen...
I'm following the methylene blue thread with interest.

Peat's_Girl

Good to know. I thought it was that blue meth Walter White was cooking up on Breaking Bad.

;D

uuy8778yyi

what supplement it compares to ?

benefits of topical use ?

interactions and dangers ?

only interest is hair loss.
thank you. I already use solban.

tara

I think a risk of high doses can be MAOI-like effects, especially if you are using anything else with MAOI effects concurrently. You can avoid this by using lower dose.

Main benefit seems to be improvement in cellular oxidation of sugar.
Taking your hat off your blue head to get some sun on it could make the effects stronger.

Topical application for hair growth will make your head blue. I have used just one drop of Haidut's formula on my skin a few times. It is a strong dye and it lasts for days. If you get any in your hair, I expect it will stay till it grows and gets cut off. You can decide if this is a benefit or a danger. :)

Peat said he didn't recommend it for anything that could be fixed with thyroid, progesterone, etc.

I guess you've read the long methylene blue thread, with discussion of dosing and risks etc?

I expect supporting it with nutrition would good, too, as with anything to raise metabolism.

Inaut

So I had this persistent rash (I’m thinking some sort of bacteria or fungus) on my
Middle finger. It would get better and worse/on and off.

Mixed up some vitamin c and MB two days ago to get rid of the dye aspect...... my finger is pretty much back to normal. I’m thinking this could be the ultimate topical for the skin as I’ve tried steroid creams, antifungals etc and nothing has come remotely close. Also, got a great hook up on some MB from sigma Aldrich so I will have a lifetime supply now :) :)