Vitamin D levels and acne [blood test?]

Nstocks

I've had mild acne since puberty and I'm now 23 years old (male). Hardcore paleo gave me dead, dull skin and cyclic acne around my mouth and jawline.

Adopting the peat way of fixing my metabolism has helped a lot with acne, but I still breakout quite often along my jawline. The main component of my diet is lack of protein, which I'm working on and everything else is pretty good: OJ, occasional goat milk/cheese, oysters, lamb, fruit, no starch or grains, occasional gummy bears. Occasional I take Vit A and have noticed breakouts when I eat eggs or cow milk. (or under eat)

I know there are many factors when discussing acne, but could Vitamin D be one to try and rule out, if I take a blood test? A private at home test for Vit D is around £70. Vitamin A is £200 and requires travel which I can't do. (My doctor is completely hopeless when it comes to any test so I'mm not even going to try the NHS.

Any input is valuable to me.

Thank you

Stilgar

Re: Vitamin D levels and acne

Check out this vitamin D test. They send you the results by email pretty quick once you have done the test. I did the test, and I know people who have used it a few times. You just call up and order the kit and then send it back. You have to prick quite a few times though, so hopefully you are not squeamish.

http://www.vitamindtest.org.uk/

More importantly, its only £25 :cool: