Caffeine acts like a sunscreen and may prevent skin cancer

haidut

Forum Supporter
In combination with aspirin and niacinamide it has no equal in the commercial sunscreen world.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23785666

"...Mechanism studies indicate that caffeine has a sunscreen effect that inhibits UVB-induced formation of thymine dimers and sunburn lesions in the epidermis of mice. In addition, caffeine administration has a biological effect that enhances UVB-induced apoptosis thereby enhancing the elimination of damaged precancerous cells, and caffeine administration also enhances apoptosis in tumors. Caffeine administration enhances UVB-induced apoptosis by p53-dependent and p53-independent mechanisms."

Peata

Oral or topical?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Peata said:
Oral or topical?

Both, but as topical solution in combination with 4% niacinamide is sold as a drug to prevent skin aging in some countries.

mt_dreams

Interesting info, though most of it flew over my head. I would imagine caffeine powder would make the niacinamide solution grainy, so is a caffeine extract available in liquid form? If so, what kind of amounts of caffeine are we talking about per 4% niacinamide solution?

Haidut, I thought I could explain pretty well the benefits of coffee and such to other people, but when I read your threads I realize it would take hours to make them see the bigger picture. We should make a list of all these lesser known benefits!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Such_Saturation said:
Haidut, I thought I could explain pretty well the benefits of coffee and such to other people, but when I read your threads I realize it would take hours to make them see the bigger picture. We should make a list of all these lesser known benefits!

I agree, there are so many studies on caffeine. I guess the easiest ting is to go through the list of studies I published and extract the portions that I underlined. Then, extract the info from Peat's articles and maybe search Petarian.com for additional info. But the more I think about it, the more I realized that caffeine is very much like thyroid hormone, so most of the things published about thyroid hormone would be true of caffeine as well. And I think Peat has done a good job of summarizing the benefits of thyroid already.
But if you have some ideas let me know.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals