Is anyone here a CHEK Practitioner who studies Peat?

Just curious if anyone here, who is more knowledgable than myself, can share their experience blending Paul and Ray's teachings. I find myself dedicated to both, but there are minor conflicts here and there and was wondering if any more experienced practitioners have fine tuned a balance between the two. I have only completed the ground level Exercise Coach and HLC 1, so it would be nice to see where others noticed differences, and how they decided to balance.

Curt :-)

I'm not sure whether they can be balanced. Chek advocates several things that are incongruous with Peat's ideas.
I used to be a big Chek fan, and I think he has had some great things to say, but in my experience, Dr Peat is the way to go.

pboy

Im not a chek expert, but I believe he recommends more fat and protein (from meat and fish) than Peat would like, more vegetables, and hes against all sugar except minor healthy carbs like roots and berries...basically he promotes the typical bodybuilder or super athlete diet, meat vegetables root veg as carb source, little to no sugar, 'healthy fats' like nuts and avocados...chek recommends butter though which is cool, non sweet fruit, ect. His diet approach is quite different than Peat, but his philosophy does have some similarities. They both clearly have been influenced or are well versed with eastern ideas and nutritional science, and see the whole life as mattering, everything, rather than just food exercise job or any one thing. I think they both think weight training is better than cardio, but chek is more into getting extremely fit as Peat is more into just being fit enough to be healthy and have high metabolic rate...probably have polar opposite scientific points of view on oxygen and co2, yet both recommond slower deeper breathing...im sure theres a lot more differences. Chek doesn't get into the diet details really at all on the same level as Peat...he just goes into basics that regular people can easily follow, Peat incorporates details into every aspect of physiology and the cascading and whole body effects. When I watch videos of paul check...it seems like hes read a lot and has a lot of experience, but I get this hint of a notion that hes kind of just regurgitating and doesn't quite understand what hes saying, and still holds a lot of mainstream and fear based ideas...could just be my opinion

OP
E
I see where you guys are coming from. As far as kinesiology and body mechanics, Paul is extremely well read. His approach with his students, me being one, is "surrounding the dragon". It sounds kinda lame, but the idea is to attack the problem from all angles. He incorporates so many things that can cause massive problems elsewhere. For example, your core has 9 nerve innervations running though its entirety. Your gut is referred to as your "second brain" sometimes, and if your digestion is off, these same nerve pathways share communications with both the core muscles and digestive track...so you could be eating something that hinders digestion, which could lead to a weak core which in turn could be causing chronic low-back pain from weak spinal stabilization. It is all really fascinating to me, and I like the puzzle aspect of it all. Paul has written many books, and is always open to new points of view, but I can see him holding onto stuff that was in his famous "How to eat, move and be healthy" book because soooooooo many people have read it. I guess it all goes back to capitalism, but I met the dude, and he is insanely down to earth and feels like a fu*%ing battery to stand next too. It's like he is shooting energy out of every pore in his body! I find Ray's work to satisfy the inner scientist in me that I never knew existed, so when I have a practice based on what I learn from the CHEK Institute, I really want to incorporate Ray's work to ultimately help people the way so many different mentors are ushering me along with my journey to get out of chronic pain. It is quite a ride, and the reading never stops! Thanks for the opinions!

Curt :-)

@EndlessReseach, fascinated by you saying Cheky feels like a "battery" to stand next to. I was a massive Chek fan back in the day. I respect him, and I know he is big into "energy", chi, meditation and so on. How to Eat, Move and Be Healthy was a big game changer for me. I particularly liked his idea that stress summates in the body, something I hadn't heard until then.
I recall him mentioning the "piezo-electric current" which can measure the electronic charge of the heart from up to 10 ft away. From what I recall, he was always into really out-there research, such as the story about someone writing pleasant things on a pot plant and having it grow strong and beautiful, and writing nasty things on another pot plant and it growing deformed.
Do you mind elaborating on this topic?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals