Why It Is Important To Fix Gut Issues And Metabolism

haidut

Forum Supporter
This person has "Celiac" disease, which I think Ray has said is a very pronounced symptom of hypothyroidism. After many years with these issues, his brain partially calcified! I think Ray also wrote in one of his newsletters that when metabolism is not working well energetically-sensitive tissues start to calcify and die even if the person is still alive for many years with these conditions.
I wonder if high dose of vitamin K2 would reverse this calcification. Over at the forum immortalhair, several people complained that they felt like chunks of the inner side of their skulls were cracking up and falling off. I wonder if this is the same process and vitamin K2 is just decalcifying their brains.

http://www.livescience.com/44883-celiac ... tones.html

J

j.

I don't think relying on K2 alone is appropriate to treat calcification, since we know that thyroid function has a very strong effect on that.

So all three things I think should be a priority: good thyroid function, good k2 intake, good dietary calcium/phosphorus ratio.

jyb

As an anecdote, one of the only person with Celiac (from birth) I know looks very healthy and looks about 10 years younger. I assumed she looks so young because she has had to avoid wheat all her life.

superhuman

so whats the best way to approach fixing gut issues? raw carrot, easy digestible foods, no starch, other things we can do ? cascara?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
superhuman said:
so whats the best way to approach fixing gut issues? raw carrot, easy digestible foods, no starch, other things we can do ? cascara?

Somebody on the forum recommended bitter melon, I tried it and it does have effects similar to carrot salad for me. Also charcoal, and antihistamines should help as well.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
haidut said:
superhuman said:

Somebody on the forum recommended bitter melon, I tried it and it does have effects similar to carrot salad for me. Also charcoal, and antihistamines should help as well.
I was diagnosed with celiac disease at 42 years old and it really changed my life. I didn't truly start to heal though until I discovered Peat. I think going gluten free stopped a lot of additional damage from continuing to occur. I must say the medical advice to go on a gluten free diet was the most beneficial thing by far that medicine ever did for my health. I bet if the doctor hadn't put me on paleo at the same time things would have been even better. It was the whole Peat inspired approach with the carrot salad, easy to digest foods, occasional charcoal, cascara, cyproheptadine, some anti serotonin maneuvers (not for everyone) along with hormone balancing that really helped my gut begin to heal. I'm sure thanks to the paleo I may have developed a worse condition than even celiac. I view celiac disease differently these days but I still avoid gluten like the plague. I just see no reason to play Russian roulette when I've worked so hard to get well. I think we shouldn't forget bamboo shoots as a gut healing aid when one is not using the carrot salad. People can heal the damage even extensive damage doing all the typical things Peat advocates for in restoring optimal cellular respiration/metabolism. I know I've done it!

Filip1993

superhuman said:

"The contractile ability of smooth muscle, that’s impaired by swelling and inflammation, can be restored by antiinflammatory agents, for example aspirin (or other inhibitor of prostaglandin synthesis) or antihistamines. This applies to the muscles of lymphatic vessels (Wu, et al., 2005, 2006; Gosling, 2000), that must function to reduce edema, as well as to the bowel muscles that cause peristalsis." - RP

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I wonder why calcium helps to decalcify tissues?

Probably because increasign dietary intake lowers PTH and prolactin. PTH is one of the biggest factors in soft tissue calcification. Cortisol and aldosterone are two other big factors, lowering of which may also de-calcify sort tissue.