Where to buy coconut oil?

Rolomoto

I used to get it at Trader Joes but they don't stock it regularly. Where is a good place to get it?
Thanks

4peatssake

Rolomoto said:
I used to get it at Trader Joes but they don't stock it regularly. Where is a good place to get it?
Thanks
I bought a 40 lb tub for $59.99 at Bulk Apothecary

I had a $12 off discount coupon at the time.

Even with $23 shipping it's a lot cheaper to buy in bulk if you use a lot like me. I find it terribly expensive off the shelf.

Looks like the coupon is still good for 20 per cent off. Use cocguild at checkout.

OP
R

Rolomoto

How do you use it when you buy a tub? I mean, do you transfer a portion to a smaller container?

aguilaroja

Rolomoto said:
How do you use it when you buy a tub? I mean, do you transfer a portion to a smaller container?

Yes, use a smaller container for convenience. It keeps a long time. If the ambient temperature is quite cool, the coconut oil will be dense to scoop/chop & transfer. Otherwise, closer to its 76 melting point, it can readily be scooped or poured.

http://raypeat.com/articles/nutrition/o ... text.shtml
"Coconut oil which had been stored at room temperature for a year was found to have no measurable rancidity. Since growing coconuts often experience temperatures around 100 degrees Fahrenheit, ordinary room temperature isn't an oxidative challenge."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals