Plastic toxins leaching. Concerns with contact with food

Amazoniac

Hello!

Is anyone here aware of the possible toxins leached when appliances that have Plastic containers are used?
Most of the blenders and food processors are in direct contact with food, and not rarely in an acidic environment, which speeds up the leaching process.
For everyday use, does it pose as a significant concern?

Mittir

We have discussed this topic in older threads. I think it is well accepted now that
anything made of plastics are source of concern. In recent years they have found
leaching in bottled water. I try to avoid plastic appliances as much as i can.
You can easily find blenders with glass container. Acidic foods are riskier with
plastic container. I was looking for food processor with glass container, it is hard to find.
Here is a food processor with glass container
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3tsfRdf9u8
RP has mentioned that plastic causes serious problem for children than for adults.

jyb

I'm curious about coffee machines. Not restaurant expresso machines, more like those self service machine in offices that do coffee and hot chocolate. If you open those machines, there's a lot of plastic. Also, I'm guessing the water is sitting in some plastic container all day.

Mittir

Here is a quote from RP's article "Iron's Danger"

Ray Peat said:
Aluminum and iron react similarly in cells and are suspected causes of Alzheimer's disease.

The aluminum industry started propagandizing more than 50 years ago about the "safety" of aluminum utensils, claiming that practically none of the toxic metal gets into the food. Recent research showed that coffee percolated in an aluminum pot contained a large amount of dissolved aluminum, because of coffee's acidity.
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/iron-dangers.shtml
If acidity of coffee can leach aluminium i think it can do the same with plastic.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals