Possible cell found on Martian meteorite

haidut

Forum Supporter

jaa

I think it's not getting a lot of press because the researchers don't think it's evidence of life and it's now accepted that there is water on Mars.

“Our research found that it probably wasn’t a cell but that it did once hold water, water that had been heated, probably as a result of an asteroid impact,” Lyon added.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
jaa said:
I think it's not getting a lot of press because the researchers don't think it's evidence of life and it's now accepted that there is water on Mars.

“Our research found that it probably wasn’t a cell but that it did once hold water, water that had been heated, probably as a result of an asteroid impact,” Lyon added.

So far, there have been at least 3 separate events of "finding" life on Mars and then, after much debate, reversing the official conclusion. I am not saying there is a cover-up, but I am saying that something is going on, most likely disagreement over what constitutes evidence for finding life on other planets short of an actual living organism like bacteria.
First, the Viking probe found life:
http://news.discovery.com/space/alien-l ... 120412.htm

Then was the Allan Hills meteorite, and now this cell-like discovery. This is 3 separate instances of unconnected events claiming to have found life. The odds of ALL of them being wrong is not big.
Just my 2c.

jaa

Yeah I agree. I don't think there is a cover up, but extraordinary claims require rock solid evidence. Individually, they are not enough to make the claim that we have found life outside of Earth. But as they add up, the magnitude of the claim diminishes while the evidence increases until Extra-terrestrial life finds itself in a similar position as climate change does today.