VoS Uncoupling Thread

aquaman

tara said:
First he'll have to persuade a few more people to try his dead sure method, so his book can include more than n=1 anectodotes, and maybe have some where someone actually lost weight. So far it's a nice hypothetical theory that is not yet demonstrated in any real cases.

But it's a Miracle Tara! Never mind no one has actually lost weight following the theory!!

loess

I freelance; sometimes I'm at home and sometimes I'm out and about driving around town all day. In any case, no water cooler/heater, but that gives me an idea -- maybe I could try using an electric tea kettle...electrical outlets are much more commonplace than stoves. I actually have never tried dissolving the tablets, I went straight to the powder. Another thought I just had is maybe if I crush the powder even finer with a mortar and pestle, it might dissolve better in a cup of very hot water. I will have to try that.

lindsay

loess said:
I freelance; sometimes I'm at home and sometimes I'm out and about driving around town all day. In any case, no water cooler/heater, but that gives me an idea -- maybe I could try using an electric tea kettle...electrical outlets are much more commonplace than stoves. I actually have never tried dissolving the tablets, I went straight to the powder. Another thought I just had is maybe if I crush the powder even finer with a mortar and pestle, it might dissolve better in a cup of very hot water. I will have to try that.

I'm also a freelancer - totally understand. One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of gas stations have hot water taps on their coffee machines (in case you are stopping for gas). I used to drink this tea all the time and when we were traveling, I would always just go in and ask for a cup of hot water - usually they don't charge you for it. Same applies to fast food joints. But yes - the electric tea kettle is also a great idea.

loess

Yeah I forgot those gas station hot water taps are great! I filled up my Aeropress on those so many times this summer while driving across the country :)

tara

@loess: I wonder, but have not tested, whether the aspirin would stay dissolved in the hot water if you made it slightly more dilute and kept it hot through the day in a vacuum flask?

loess

burtlancast

Charlie said:
nwo2012 uses dinitrophenol and he is still alive and kicking. :mrgreen:

Is he still around and OK ?
I don't think he posted here for months.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
burtlancast said:
Is he still around and OK ?
I don't think he posted here for months.

He pops in and out but has not been posting. I guess they are keeping him pretty busy in Oz.

Jennifer

loess said:
I have made a considerable effort the past few weeks to be consistent with the small doses of coffee+aspirin+niacinamide throughout the day, and it has proven to be a pretty powerful tool to prevent the afternoon energy crash that I am accustomed to being prone to. I imagine there are also other uncoupling benefits that are not as pronounced. While I think it is wise to be careful with aspirin and its use must be supported by proper nutrition and vitamin intake, I seem to tolerate it much better than I used to.

So I was wondering how those of you who use the pure aspirin powder (the "animal aspirin") are able to incorporate that into your life when you are away from home or don't have the use of a stove? The only way that I can get it to dissolve is by bringing a small amount of water to a boil, tossing in the aspirin, and letting it simmer for a minute or two while agitating it to ensure that the crystals fully dissolve. That's fine when I'm at home and have the time and space to do that, but when I'm on the go I often have no way to boil water, and simply mixing hot water with the aspirin powder in a cup and stirring does not dissolve it.

I don't mind dissolving it ahead of time and taking that bit of aspirin water in a small container along with me, but the aspirin always ends up sublimating back into crystals again (very pretty snowflake ones, I must say) which are suspended in the water. When they do that, it seems like they are more likely to irritate the stomach, and the few times that I've gone ahead and ingested them like that, I have gotten some slight irritation that doesn't happen when they are fully dissolved. I cannot figure out any way around this situation other than to bring a small camp stove with me everywhere I go for boiling water, and that's obviously not always practical.

Loess, VoS gave me the tip to dissolve the aspirin in the magnesium water. It works great! It bubbles up just like an Alka-Seltzer tab.

loess

Oh excellent, thanks! Just about to make a batch of magnesium water, waiting for the bottle to chill in the fridge...I will give it a try.

bk-

This is crazy...smh
The vitriol spewed just doesnt compute to my simple mind...

As I posted in my introduction, I think that's where blossom put it, I came here researching over use of Pregnenolone. I began using the sups and peatish diet as a result of following "hypothyroidism revolution"...

I posted in the 'getting ripped with Dr Peat' thread because it was right up my alley...again see into if interested

So, the reason I am replying here is that, contrary to what a few of you feel, vos protocol or ideas actually work. I tried them that first week and my metabolism went through the roof, yes, I had issues, crashes etc...
Many of you gave me some advice, THANKS!! :)

I was curious as to why I was getting headaches and pmd vos, he replied back quickly about how honey works well...and it did

I dont see him selling anything, pushing anything, having a hidden agenda etc...

I AM overweight, 6'4" 290# or so, and this protocol is already reflecting in my health. losing inches, no muscle mass that I am noticing, energy is great....YES it is intense, YES you need to have snacks available frequently...but nothing crazy. 8oz coffee, with 2tbs gelatin, 2tbs sugar and 4oz or so of 2% milk. 3-4 times a day for me. I also eat dark chocolate, cheese sticks intermittently as need....and the teaspoon of honey knocks the jitters, headaches etc right out!! I usually eat liver, or potatoes with butter and cheese for dinner with chocolate milk & OJ scattered throughout. @ 3,200 - 4,000 cal/day (still working on the night sweats - amped metabolism @ night) ***OOPS!! forgot carrot salad-2 carrots, salt, pepper n olive oil*** :oops:

Anyway, just wanted to throw out first hand experience, yes, it is early in my journey, but I cannot question the results...what vos suggests is working for me.

After reading through this thread I may try splitting up my dosages of sups throughout the day.
note:
taking 1.5 tabs of American Biologics Thyroid breakfast and lunch
50mg Pregnenolone when I get home from work
400mg vit e
drop progesterone before bed
one a day mens and baby aspirin

*disclaimer* I received no $ compensation as a result of this post :P
adl disclaimer * I take complete responsibility for lack of punctuation. Its late, I'm tired

brian

managing

This thread got me to reading about uncoupling. By far the most common experiences are DNP. Not recommending it, just saying there are a lot of first hand reports.

Everything they report made me think of my experiences with Alpha Lipoic acid a few years back. Breathless, hot, headaches . . .

So, a quick google turned up that, lo and behold, ALA is an uncoupler (probably, it was a rat experiment, but my experience with ALA was sure a lot like people report of DNP). Whaddya think VoS et al.?
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12368386

I was still low carbing it then, which was probably why my experience was so awful . . .

managing

Further of the same:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24377457

Can anybody find this one:
Hellsten Y, Nielsen JJ, Lykkesfeldt J, et al. Antioxidant supplementation enhances the exercise-induced increase in mitochondrial uncoupling protein 3 and endothelial nitric oxide synthase mRNA content in human skeletal muscle. Free Radic Biol Med. 2007 Aug 1;43(3):353-61.

The citation looks promising, but can only find it cited.

bk-

*update*
ran out of gelatin...for me the missing protein makes this protocol much less effective.
* went for followup after bronchitis, dr took blood because I missed my last thyroid workup. Tunrs out my TSH was @ 12. When I informed her that I was no longer taking my synthroid she flipped. She agreed to monitor me with my diet/supplement changes...

bk

bk-

Correction:
It was actually a result of less coffee. I need a full 8oz.
Although the gelatine did make the effect stronger.
bk

Has anyone actually lost fat using Peats uncouplers? I and many others have gained fat using peats ideas and would like to lose it.

dinkleberg

managing said:
Further of the same:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24377457

Can anybody find this one:
Hellsten Y, Nielsen JJ, Lykkesfeldt J, et al. Antioxidant supplementation enhances the exercise-induced increase in mitochondrial uncoupling protein 3 and endothelial nitric oxide synthase mRNA content in human skeletal muscle. Free Radic Biol Med. 2007 Aug 1;43(3):353-61.

The citation looks promising, but can only find it cited.
Here you go: http://www.docdroid.net/n2n4/1-s20-s089 ... n.pdf.html

DaveFoster

cantstoppeating said:
post 61537 Has anyone actually lost fat using Peats uncouplers? I and many others have gained fat using peats ideas and would like to lose it.
I have upped my calorie intake from about 2000 calories to around 3500 calories per day, and I dropped from 18% to 15% during this time, approximately. I use all of the uncouplers mentioned except for Thiroyd, which I will add in the soon. The most helpful of the two is undoubtedly caffeine and aspirin, with DHEA just behind.

This is a great thread. One of the most helpful on the whole site.

Last edited by a moderator:

superhuman

DaveFoster said:
post 108940
cantstoppeating said:
post 61537 Has anyone actually lost fat using Peats uncouplers? I and many others have gained fat using peats ideas and would like to lose it.
I have upped my calorie intake from about 2000 calories to around 3500 calories per day, and I dropped from 18% to 15% during this time, approximately. I use all of the uncouplers mentioned except for Thiroyd, which I will add in the soon. The most helpful of the two is undoubtedly caffeine and aspirin, with DHEA just behind.

This is a great thread. One of the most helpful on the whole site.

That is awesome.
Have you done any other changes in terms of activity level and stuff that may have made changes as well?
What about pulse and temp change? have you checked that?

What is your current procotol you are using in terms of freqyency and dosages?
Esp in terms of caffeine and aspirin and how do you take them etc

Thanx and awesome :D

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals