VoS Uncoupling Thread

Tansia

Hi @Peata, I know it's a really old post, but I wonder if you found a way for yourself to loose weight comfortably without shakiness or other uncomfortable effects?

Last edited:

Razvan

I did some of the uncoupling ideas and felt really energetic yesterday. I was very productive. I felt hot and a little amped. I was sure temp and pulse would be good even though I didn't take it. So I wondered it I needed to be careful to not get too uncoupled. Lol I am a little older.

catharsis

This is a great thread and it helped me a lot over the past few years (at least in terms of orienting my supplement strategies or intuition). I have lost maybe 5% bodyfat over the past few years and increased my lean muscle mass with very little calorie counting nor very difficult workouts. Focusing on anabolic/growth-oriented activities helps a lot (concentric exercises or stretching too). I can confirm that low-doses of uncouplers is the way to go for supplementing; at some point, you can briefly saturate some pathways and can lead to negative outcomes. For example, high-doses of pregnenolone can lead to progesterone-like symptoms in men; but lower doses are more androgenic.

The uncoupling effect gives a slight-lightheaded feeling, kinda euphoric, and a definite warmness across your entire body. It's great for stretching. It sometimes makes me unproductive as the euphoric and light-headed feeling makes me lethargic (in addition to pushing your energy towards head-production instead of ATP).

This is a common stack for me, especially in the morning:
500mg Niacinamide
1g or so Aspirin (the acetyl group actually has some functional properties)
10mg DHEA or so
50mg of Pregnenolone
Redlight or Sunlight
Very strong coffee (PLEASE)
Gelatin
Lots of sugar
A bit of SFA like coconut oil or small mounts of butter
A few salt tablets if I feel water-logged

dukesbobby777

This is a great thread and it helped me a lot over the past few years (at least in terms of orienting my supplement strategies or intuition). I have lost maybe 5% bodyfat over the past few years and increased my lean muscle mass with very little calorie counting nor very difficult workouts. Focusing on anabolic/growth-oriented activities helps a lot (concentric exercises or stretching too). I can confirm that low-doses of uncouplers is the way to go for supplementing; at some point, you can briefly saturate some pathways and can lead to negative outcomes. For example, high-doses of pregnenolone can lead to progesterone-like symptoms in men; but lower doses are more androgenic.

The uncoupling effect gives a slight-lightheaded feeling, kinda euphoric, and a definite warmness across your entire body. It's great for stretching. It sometimes makes me unproductive as the euphoric and light-headed feeling makes me lethargic (in addition to pushing your energy towards head-production instead of ATP).

This is a common stack for me, especially in the morning:
500mg Niacinamide
1g or so Aspirin (the acetyl group actually has some functional properties)
10mg DHEA or so
50mg of Pregnenolone
Redlight or Sunlight
Very strong coffee (PLEASE)
Gelatin
Lots of sugar
A bit of SFA like coconut oil or small mounts of butter
A few salt tablets if I feel water-logged

I wouldn't call some of those things small doses. But good that it's working for you.

Aspirin as an uncoupler despite inhibiting beta oxidation? 🤔🤔🤔 all decouplings inhibit beta oxidation but do you still lose fat by producing heat? @Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Aspirin as an uncoupler despite inhibiting beta oxidation? 🤔🤔🤔 all decouplings inhibit beta oxidation but do you still lose fat by producing heat? @Hans
If oxygen consumption goes up yes. Aspirin does this. It doesn't significantly inhibit beta-oxidation.