VoS Uncoupling Thread

NathanK

Literally know nothing about this compound other than what is in the article.

Interesting though and thought I would share.

"has been shown to exhibit antibacterial, antifungal, antiprotozoal, and antimycobacterial properties"

The cardioprotective compound cloxyquin uncouples mitochondria and induces autophagy
Sounds great on paper. For some reason the uncoupling seems localized to the heart, which seems peculiar. I couldn't find much more on the drug much less studies en vivo

I think obese people have issues because of uncoupling in the heart.

DaveFoster

I use every single uncoupler in the Peat arsenal, eat a fat-free diet with tons of sugar, low-tryptophan, glycine, every supplement on the forum, weight train daily, and I still can't break 12% body fat.

DNP, here I come.

tara

and I still can't break 12% body fat.
Maybe your body really wants that 12% at the moment for good reasons?
I know there are people who would die to be thin, but it doesn't make sense to me. Not saying DNP would definitely kill you, but it does seem to have a higher risk profile than 12% body fat.

Before considering DNP, you could consider cutting a few hundred calories?

(I know, don't faint with shock guys, I'm only suggesting this possibility because Dave is eating more than almost everyone else here by quite a margin. And not saying it's necessarily going to achieve his aims, just maybe a bit safer.)

zooma

What you are doing now is probably improving the SFA: PUFA ratio in your body, so over time it will result in weight loss through the increased metabolic rate we see in the fat free studies. I agree with tara if you want to lose it quicker you should cut calories. RP has said there is a a certain amount of uncoupling that is desirable, it is probably much healthier to lower calories than to further uncouple.

superhuman

I use every single uncoupler in the Peat arsenal, eat a fat-free diet with tons of sugar, low-tryptophan, glycine, every supplement on the forum, weight train daily, and I still can't break 12% body fat.

DNP, here I come.

Well 9k kcal a day is the reason you dont drop below 12% bf

I'm not achieving temp gains much. At best maybe in the 96s, maybe low 97s occasionally with the lights. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

DaveFoster

*faints with shock*

It is when you add 30 grams of glycine and BCAA's with it.

Well then there's probably very little lipolysis going on :ss Ray Peat is definitely the slower way of losing fat.

Ron J

Thinking about doing this. I'm planning to add the B vitamins and aspirin to the orange juice that I drink throughout the day. What do you guys think?

Thinking about doing this. I'm planning to add the B vitamins and aspirin to the orange juice that I drink throughout the day. What do you guys think?
I think you'll get a wicked tummy ache

tara

I sometimes mix (((a little hot water + baking soda + aspirin) + OJ) + B-vits) to drink with breakfast or supper. Usually seems good, never gives me tummy ache. But I don't have the aspirin every day, only occasionally.

Ron J

I haven't tried it yet. In a gallon of liquid, would 1000mg theanine, 1500mg niacinamide and 2000mg thiamine work better than taking those in two doses, several hours apart? I drink from it every hour or so; I'm not sure if the dose will be enough to achieve the beneficial effects each of those substances has.

GreekDemiGod

Discussing weight loss is such a low-level problem. Being in peak exceptional shape is not something hard at all, it's barely the baseline level at which we can talk further optimisations: sky-high energy levels, motivation, anti-aging.