Yeast organisms can reverse their prion disease

haidut

Forum Supporter
In line with what Ray has written and in contrast to the dogma of mainstream science, prion disease such as Alzheimers and mad cow disease seem to be reversible, at least by yeast. The mechanism of action is the activation of the heat shock proteins.

http://phys.org/news/2014-12-yeast-cells-prions.html

Did they think we got to this point by being vulnerable? Like we are some kind of house of cards waiting to crumble at the slightest dice roll that goes just wrong enough. I bet there's "scientists" working on prion bioweapons just for this very reason.

Hugh Johnson

Did they think we got to this point by being vulnerable? Like we are some kind of house of cards waiting to crumble at the slightest dice roll that goes just wrong enough. I bet there's "scientists" working on prion bioweapons just for this very reason.
Ray has a couple of articles about prion diseases. Something to do with prions releasing PUFA and stuff.

Nemo

The most prescient post of 2014.

Nemo

Ray has a couple of articles about prion diseases. Something to do with prions releasing PUFA and stuff.

"In the prion diseases, the severely damaged brain appears to have a 'pathological overactivity' of the serotonergic systems (Fraser, et al., 2003)."

I will laugh if cypro cures this.

The only thing is, I can see all the stuff we're doing curing even prion diseases if we weren't injecting the prion genetic material by the billions of particles on genetic material for a spike protein that is terrific at breaking through the blood brain barrier.

tankasnowgod

I will laugh if cypro cures this.

It probably does....