Any Other Plant Fats That I'm Missing From This List?

A

Anonymous

I'm comprising a list of natural, overt, plant fat sources. If there are any I missed, please post. I think it's important to remember that all plant foods listed have several varieties, or species of themselves. I know that there is a naturally occurring small amount of fat in all foods, but I am talking about foods that have more fat content than carbohydrate content or a very significant amount of fat. For example, oats are purported to have a small amount of fat in them, but the amount is so small compared to their carbohydrate content that I feel they do not make the list.

All nuts

All seeds - Though most seed eaten will either get stuck in a human intestinal wall, then causing problems (estrogen), or, pass right through, some seed are ground and crushed and that makes their fat highly bioavailable, such as Tahini, or ground sesame seed.

All oils extracted from nuts and seeds

Soybean - Sometimes confused with other legumes (things that grow in a pod) like black beans, which have no fat, the soybean is naturally high in fat. The soybean is a unique legume because of its high fat content.

Coconut - Though it has nut in its name, it is botanically a fruit. The water inside has no fat and provides a small amount of carbohydrate. The fat is in the "meat" or white flesh of the coconut.

Olive - Whole olives, not oil, have about 11 grams of fat per 100 grams of olive. A good list of varieties of olive to try:

A Beginner's Guide to Olives: 14 Varieties Worth Seeking Out

Avocado - The mother of all plant fats.

Chocolate - Though a seed as already listed, it deserves its own mention because of it's worldwide consumption.

Durian - A high fat fruit. [url]Durian fruit contains a high a...he crushed pulp are later frozen for storage.