Recommendations for Books on Physiology?

Velve921

Does anyone recommend any books or even courses in physiology that is related to Dr. Peats line of thinking?

I would like to find a book, textbook, or even a course that can depict the physiology more efficiently so I can visualize his ideals.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

jaguar43

albert szent-gyorgyi was a physiologist according to wikipedia. Ray Peat has actually said that he was one of his Heros in an interview with the herb doctors.

Possibly check out his early stuff since in the last of career it was geared towards more biochemistry. But its all good stuff.

Gilbert ling is another physiologist referred to by Ray Peat. I think he has a new book out.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Velve921

Velve921

Great stuff! I will look more into it.

Any thoughts on physiology or nutrition degrees that will help improve my understanding of nutrition and physiology that's considered peat worthy?

jaguar43

Ewlevy1 said:
Great stuff! I will look more into it.

Any thoughts on physiology or nutrition degrees that will help improve my understanding of nutrition and physiology that's considered peat worthy?

Like from the university ?

Biochemistry seems to be one of the basic components to understanding Ray Peat and the scientist he references. For myself that has taken college courses in science, I would recommend something along the lines of chemistry, and or biochemistry. In my opinion a degree in biology is way too basic for his work. Even taking your standard chemistry 101 or organic chemistry 101 will go along way for understand his and the scientist he references.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I do not have the time for a 4 year bachelors degree...do you know of any good master's programs in the states? Or some type of accelerated program that I could do in a 1-2 year period?

jaguar43

Ewlevy1 said:
I do not have the time for a 4 year bachelors degree...do you know of any good master's programs in the states? Or some type of accelerated program that I could do in a 1-2 year period?

I think Gerald Pollack does a master program. Ray Peat has mention him a few times in his interviews.

Sheik

Why aren't Peat's books available anywhere? Is he just too backed up with orders and doesn't want to have them published on a larger scale? Or what?

koganmj

Sheik said:
Why aren't Peat's books available anywhere? Is he just too backed up with orders and doesn't want to have them published on a larger scale? Or what?

Dropbox - Ray Peat Shared

Charlie, if I'm not supposed to post that link just delete my comment.

Sheik

Wa wa wee wa! I'm going to be busy for a while. Thank you.

Very tough to visualize the ideas. I have all of his books, and I don't think they even had diagrams like traditional - like a traditional biology textbook might. The proliferation of the idea of pumps embedded in the cell's walls is a testament to how well simple-looking diagrams in traditional biology textbooks help many people learn. I think Peat would do well to bring some people up to hist level of understanding - because some of them are bound to be visual learners and whatnot, and would be compelled to put mechanisms in pictures and diagrams even for their own memory and understanding.

johns74

All of Ray's books are available online for free and it's not hard to find them (demonoid). When you're pirated, you made it.