Kids Given Fluoride Milk

jyb

A

Anonymous

Wow. I wonder if these officials let their children drink this milk.

4peatssake

jyb said:
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...en-to-get-fluoride-in-school-milk-702791.html

Local authorities are planning to give schoolchildren "dental milk" which has been treated with fluoride. A dozen school nursery and infant schools in South Yorkshire, including those in Barnsley, Doncaster and Sheffield, are to be targeted by health officials advising headteachers and governors about the benefits of fluoridisation.
WFT!

020ea63c6687e581f0c2da06a5596ab3.jpg

Zachs

I swear, flouride is a conspiracy. How dumb can "authorities" be?

A

Anonymous

when I was in the high serotonin state I was fully aware that I was drinking fluoridated water but I just did not care enough. Now, the idea of drinking It is pure insanity. When I mention this to family and friends it simply goes in one ear and out the other.

Can you imagine if I had some friends over and served a couple non-alcoholic drinks and put Xanax in everyone's drink and then said, "I just want you guys to relax." They would flip a ***t and tell me that they can decide whether or not they want Xanax in their drinks. But when they are told fluoride is going in their water its no big deal. How about this? If I want fluoride in my water why don't you sell fluoride pills and let me make that choice? What is wrong with the world!?!?

dd99

One of our best friends gives her kids fluoride pills because there isn't enough fluoride in London tap water.

milk_lover

I remember back in the day the school doctor gave us fluoridated blue drinks which were supposed to be good for teeth. It was required by all the students. Do some people on earth want to hurt entire populations intentionally?!

David PS

Books have been written about the fluoride controversy. Just browse the titles at Amazon.
Amazon Search: "fluoride"

Fluoride is a waste product of the aluminum smelting process. Imagine the delight of the aluminum industry executives when they found a way to make money selling hazardous waste to municipalities. The science behind the benefits of fluoride is flimsy but wholeheartedly supported by the ADA (American Dental Association). That is the same organization that endorses mercury amalgams.

Fluoride is naturally occurring in the water. As with other things, the dose is the poison. In some parts of China, it is a naturally occurring problem. Not surprisingly, some the the best research is being done there. See for example
[Effect of boron and fluoride on the expression of enamelin in rat incisor]. - PubMed - NCBI

I take boron, but for kids you might consider increasing their consumption of boron containing foods. See for example Boron for Your Bones and How to Get Enough Without Dairy or Meat

Some plants are very good at extracting fluoride from the soil (and that can be a bad thing). Tea is one such example. If you use an online food diary like www.cronometer.com, it will tally your daily consumption of fluoride for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Travis

That is terrible, but it's not as bad as drinking tapwater.

The Fluoride will likely bind with Calcium. This forms a strong bond and little would actually be absorbed. Take a look at the LD50's for Calcium Fluoride and Sodium Fluoride:
NaF: Acute: 52 mg/kg [Rat].
CaF2: Acute: 4250 mg/kg [Rat].

And look, there are even two F atoms in the CaF2.

I would still avoid drinking Fluoridated Milk of course.

David PS

I agree that avoidance of extra fluoride is a good strategy.

I am not certain the fluoride simply binds to the calcium. Otherwise, simply eating egg shells in areas of China (where fluorosis is a naturally occurring problem) would be their simple solution.

For fluoride to be effective it needs to be bioavailable. Why bother to add it to the milk if it just going to complex with calcium and be excreted?

My concern is that the so called "dental milk" is an attempt to fluoridate the kids indirectly in places where the direct route ("dental water") is not an option. Dental milk might be just be a way to circumvent existing laws that are narrowly focused to prevent dumping of fluoride into the public water system.

In my mind, corporations have mountains of fluoride waste products and that the corporate answer to pollution remains dilution. Only the dilutent has changed. BTW, dental milk targets both kids and peatarians alike.

Incidentally, last summer the US government lowered the recommendations for dental water. Will governments make the same recommendations for dental milk? From the link below "The most recent data shows that 41 percent of American adolescents between the ages of 12 and 15 have some form of fluorosis, a number that continues to rise, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."
U.S. Government Recommends Lower Level of Fluoride in Water

More of a good thing is not always better.

Travis

I am not certain the fluoride simply binds to the calcium.

Fluoride always preferentially binds to calcium, unless Aluminum is present as well.
The Gibbs Free Energy of Ca + F2 = CaF2 is -1167.39 kJ. This is a very favorable reaction.

Otherwise, simply eating egg shells in areas of China (where fluorosis is a naturally occurring problem) would be their simple solution.

Not quite. They would have to add egg-shells to the drinking water. Below is a paper that shows how easy it is to remove Fluoride with Calcium. Just look at Table 2 to see how the free F- concentration drops upon titration with Ca+.

http://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/jres/114/5/V114.N05.A04.pdf

With enough Ca(OH)2 (lime) or alum , you can defluoridate water. They use this method in India. They call it the Nalgonda technique in this paper: http://www.atmph.org/article.asp?is...e=1;issue=2;spage=56;epage=58;aulast=Suneetha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom