Progest-E Tastes Different

Peat's_Girl

Why don't you ask the people who sent you the stuff? Or you can use it and see if it works like all the others...

Beebop

Hmmm, my instincts say "don't eat" when I've tasted it. I will ask the company, just wondered if anyone had noticed a difference lately.

Yes normal progest-e makes my throat scratchy, and yes I've tried putting it everywhere on the body! No problems there...

OP
T

tara

Here's last year's thread.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4356

I was just thinking the other day that the last couple of bottles I've had tasted OK again (unless I've just got used to the strange different taste).

But I kept using what I had even when it tasted different, and as far as I could tell it was still having an effect, so I kept ordering it. No explanation at the time for the change in taste from supplier - but an assurance that the recipe had not changed. Maybe an odd batch got produced and is still around? Or maybe a batch got stored in suboptimal conditions, or your parcel got left in the sun by the postal service or something, and the vit-e got modified?

Beebop

Chipping in to say that my latest batch of Progest-E tastes awful - bitter and plasticky. It's from a European supplier. It tastes bad enough that I am not going to use it and I just hope I can get a refund for all three bottles!

I'd be interested in finding out more. I'm surprised vitamin E can 'go off' since it is used as a preservative within plants. How does it go off? (I might be wrong!)
I think it's more likely that the original plant matter had more bitter constituents - but I really have no idea so just guessing.