Tummo/breathing techniques to increase temp

Zpol

Hello,

Has anybody had any experience with using breathing techniques like vase breathing/tummo meditation to increase core temp?

If so, do you know where I could find detailed instructions on how to do it? Specifically on how to do it for the purpose of increasing temp as opposed to spiritual reasons. (I already have a formal zen meditation ritual)

I appears it is possible for westerners to achieve the same increase in body temp as seasoned Tibetan Tummo practitioners are able to achieve. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/04/130408084858.htm

I am hoping I can train my brain to have a higher set point for core body temp. I've been using frequent meals, gelatin, liver, coco oil, meds, etc but this only helps a bit so far. I'm rarely over 97.6F.

Thanks!!

Mittir

Here is a RP quote on Tai Chi

Ray Peat said:
Some of those who claimed extreme longevity practiced controlled breathing and tai chi (involving imagery, movement, and breating), typically in the early morning hours, when stress reduction is most important. As far as I know, there are no studies of carbon dioxide levels in practitioners of tai chi, but the sensation of warmth they typically report suggests that it involves hypoventilation. http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/co2.shtml

I used to do a lot of yogic meditation and yogic breathing.
It was an amazing high and was very resistant to disease.
In meditation, breathings slows down a lot and that causes hypoventilation and
increases CO2. CO2 increases feeling of warmth by increasing circulation.
Increased carbon dioxide has a wide range of benefits.
I have seen studies showing meditation lowering stress hormones
particularly cortisol. I was told by my teacher that
in cross legged and erect spine position blood circulation
to brain increases. RP has mentioned that energy supplies to brain
calms down stress hormones. My guess is that any kind of
meditation should improve temperature and
hormonal balance. But if someone is hypothyroid for stored PUFA or
other reasons then their improvement is more likely to be less
than someone who has good thyroid function.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Thanks Mittir!

I am definitely hypothyroid, I do take Rx meds and my blood results have normalized but am still extremely symptomatic. I have read the same about tai chi however it seems vase breathing + visualization results in a much more drastic increase in temp., which is what I hoping to achieve.

I have friended Wim Hof the "Iceman" on FB, I am going to message him and maybe even take his online course. His technique is geared more toward maintaining adequate core temp in severely cold temps so I'm not sure if this will be helpful for me but I'm going check into this further. I'll keep ya posted on my results.

I learned a similar breathing technique from studying wing chun (kung fu), and found that it makes me extremely warm. I learned just to take deep slow breaths, filling and emptying my belly.

There's a few youtube videos which teach tummo and other related techniques. I've experimented a few times and found that most of these cause a measurable increase in body temperature.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Glad to hear your positive experience...thanks CellularIconoclast!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom