Detox

Mittir

Welcome to the forum

There are several old threads on addiction. You can do a forum search.
Healthy metabolic state reduces addiction of all types.
Depending on your current health you can slowly introduce new foods
in to your diet. A lot of people have problem digesting milk.
Cheese is a good substitute for milk. Make sure it is animal enzyme rennet
cheese . Histamine in old cheese can be a problem. You can try
strained yogurt or cottage cheese or homemade farmer's cheese.
OJ has been problematic for people with weak digestion.
RP thinks gut is the main source of most health problems.
It is very important to eat foods that is digested properly
and not causing any irritation. He recommends concentric muscle building.
You can list all the foods and supplements you are taking now.
You can use cronometer.com to track your nutrients intake.
If possible get some blood tests done. TSH, total T3, total T4
, total cholesterol, Albumin, blood Sodium, prolactin, PTH etc.
Here are few useful links
http://peatarian.com/peatexchanges
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=187&start=90

Edit: Here is a RP quote on exercise

Exercise
Ray Peat said:
I think periods of intense muscular exertion should be limited to 20 or 30 seconds, followed by rest periods. Otherwise, T3 falls and the stress signals rise. If mental activity has a sense of obligation, of being pushed, it can raise the same stress mediators (serotonin, TSH, prolactin, CRH, cortisol, etc.), but if the attitude is one of opening and exploring new possibilities, it activates restorative processes throughout the body.

Concentric resistance training has an anabolic effect on the whole body. Sprinting is probably o.k. Endurance exercise is the worst. I don't think martial arts are necessarily too stressful.

A high protein diet is helpful, and avoiding polyunsaturated fats helps to increase testosterone (coconut oil, butter, maybe MCT instead). Excess tryptophan can promote the catabolic cortisol, so supplementing gelatin might be helpful.

Orange juice is very helpful, maybe some salty thing; I don't think niacinamide would be necessary, though it would be an interesting experiment.

[Do you consider stretching or yoga healthy? Or lifting weights or sprinting infrequently for that matter?] Those can all be helpful. The two things that most often make exercise harmful are activity that keeps the lactic acid high chronically, and "eccentric" exercise, in which muscles are stretched while contracting, as in running downhill.

[So to clarify, lifting weights with only concentric exercises, while making sure to not get out of breath would be the best practice? Does high intensity/low volume produce greater lactic acid then high volume/low intensity?] If volume refers to the mass of muscle involved, probably not, depending on the exact intensities and volumes.
Ten pound dumbells, lifted quickly for 30 to 60 seconds, for example, is usually good for increasing the anabolic and protective hormones.

I think intermittent training is good if it avoids increased cortisol. Some nutrients, like vitamin K, can be stored in the fat and liver for a long time. Intense stress activates epigenetic processes that I think are hard to reverse. Temporary excess of some nutrients can probably help to restore processes to normal, or to higher functional levels. Deprivation increases the ability to tolerate deprivation. The mind is always involved, with imagination being part of the body-forming processes, and it's important to keep the whole life development in mind.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yeh it was spam. We don't have too many get through the spam security software but that was one of them.