Marketing-Based Medicine: Evidence From Industry Documents

From Evidence-based Medicine to Marketing-based Medicine: Evidence from Internal Industry Documents

Please allow me to join the fray.

There has heen a precedent set regarding "cherry picking" of data. This would be the recent Velligan presentations of cognitive function data trom Trial 15 (one of the buried trials). Thus far I am not aware of any repercussions regarding interest in the unreported data.

That does not mean that we should continue to advocate this practice. There is growing pressure from outside the industry to provide access to all data resulting from clinical trials conducted by industry. Thus far, we have buried Trials 15, 31, 56, and are now considering COSTAR.

The larger issue is how do we face the outside world when they begin to criticize us for suppressing data. One could say that our competitors indulge in this practice. However, until now, I believe we have been looked upon by the outside world favorably with regard to ethical behavior. We must decide if we wish to continue to enioy this distinction.

The reporting of the COSTAR results will not be easy. We must find a way to diminish the negative findings.
But, in my opinion, we cannot hide them.

Best regards,

John

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals