Association Between Lifestyles Of Indigenous Communities And Gut Microbial Ecologies

Amazoniac

Re: must read about gut flora

Over-sanitation is crucial in places where there's a large cluster of people; cities for example. If just one people in that community is infected, the chances of spreading are much higher; and it's an environment that favours mutations of those infections due to its rapid propagation in hosts.

Let's give them lots of refined sugar as a controlled study... I'm honestly curious what would happen!

jyb

Amazoniac said:
Over-sanitation is crucial in places where there's a large cluster of people; cities for example. If just one people in that community is infected, the chances of spreading are much higher; and it's an environment that favours mutations of those infections due to its rapid propagation in hosts.

I'm not sure if the reduce gut flora diversity has anything to do with that. Some claim that a healthy and high count flora is influenced by diet, in particular that a consistent diet with the same kinds of foods is good for it, and the contrary for diverse meals. I think modern lifestyle would fall into the diverse meals category, as people love to try out different restaurants or to eat "varied".

Amazoniac

jyb said:
Amazoniac said:

I'm not sure if the reduce gut flora diversity has anything to do with that. Some claim that a healthy and high count flora is influenced by diet, in particular that a consistent diet with the same kinds of foods is good for it, and the contrary for diverse meals. I think modern lifestyle would fall into the diverse meals category, as people love to try out different restaurants or to eat "varied".

The article points over-sanitation as one of the causes of modern GI problems. And maybe it is, but what we refer as dirt nowadays is much different than before. I much rather the over-sanitation to exposure to modern city dirts.
Both extremes create less diversity in the gut. One for not supplying enough and the other for not being able to thrive.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals