Food Reheating

Amazoniac

For those who don't feel comfortable reheating food in the microwave, the best method that I've seen so far is to place a heat proof plate inside a pan over something that allows the plate to hang above some water. Then put the lid, glass is preferable because you can monitor what's happening. Works pretty well and relatively fast.

The other method is placing your plate near pboy. He's so hot, both literally and figuratively, that it should melt within seconds. I wanted to try it but never had a chance to, this is just something I heard from women around the world..

So I was trying to picture this contraption and then you hit me with the second part. And it was a genuine attempt and you treat me like this :ss

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Food Fighters,

Bringing the topic up because (believe it or not) this actually works, and it works fast - no dry heat involved due to the steam.
Pretty much a bain-marie except that the steam will surround your container. So you'll need a container that is smaller than the pan, that way it fits inside and you can cover everything with the lid. I suggest that you use something to keep the container elevated to prevent it from jumping as the water boils underneath. A wired pan rest that fits inside the pan is good for that purpose.
If you use a relatively tall container, the middle might still be cold after the process. Three options: spread the content over the sides, try to use a wider pan to fit a flatter container inside or find something weird like zyzz:
https://img1.etsystatic.com/005/0/6611422/il_570xN.376757003_13nt.jpg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals