Progesterone vs. DHEA

J

j.

Peat thinks progesterone is a safe supplement. I wonder though if it could have bad effects by antagonizing DHEA. Peat mentioned that he cured moles using DHEA, so why couldn't progesterone make moles appear by antagonizing DHEA?

OP
J

j.

Once I applied progesterone topically. About 300 mg in 10 days. During this period, a mole on my face that I thought was gone long ago became noticeable again, I noticed it as it bled when I shaved. I stopped supplementing progesterone in such big amounts and then the mole almost disappeared.

Mastemah

Ray mentions that men shouldn't use large amounts due to the antagonism of androgens . So yes you are correct and he mentions this. Big doses for men only if ill.

OP
J

j.

I had another negative progesterone experience yesterday.

I developed a bit of a metabolic acidosis due to excess ingestion of acids and misuse of vinegar a few days ago. It practically fixed itself in two days, yesterday being the second day, but I was using a few drops of progesterone per day, like 3 drops. But after I felt I was fine again, I still added two more drops to feel more relaxed and sleep, but then I felt like not enough oxygen was going to my head when I was lying down. So I had to sit for a few hours, and only 8 hours later, at about 7 a.m. this morning, I was able to comfortably lie down.

I think the problem isn't progesterone per se, but that it antagonizes DHEA, as I read that DHEA fixed hypoxia.

Dehydroepiandrosterone reverses chronic hypoxia/reoxygenation-induced right ventricular dysfunction in rats.

I think it was just a bad dose in the context of recovering from acidosis, and I expect to keep using progesterone. I might have DHEA pills available just in case I use too much progesterone.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Did you do any bag breathing to help correct the hypoxia?

OP
J

j.

Blossom said:
Did you do any bag breathing to help correct the hypoxia?

It wasn't helpful, I think having acidosis means that you have too much CO2 already. Thankfully I was comfortable if I sat or stood up.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Blossom said:
I'm glad you're better.
Some acidosis is too much CO2 but it sounds like your acidosis was from other causes. With healthy or even just ok lungs it's very difficult to over do it on CO2. :D

Arent you the guy who had alkali syndrome before?

OP
J

j.

Such_Saturation said:
Arent you the guy who had alkali syndrome before?

Exactly. I'm the one who knows how to mess things up. But I ordered pH strips to be more careful with my changes.

jyb

I've been combining both progesterone and DHEA last few days. I had a bit of hypo symptoms last week so I took progesterone short term for that (I'm a male), and a bit of DHEA in physiological dose. I'm thinking that the progesterone can protect against excess DHEA -> excess testosterone -> estrogen. And maybe vice-versa DHEA can prevent a drop in testosterone from the progesterone. It's a bit theoretical but I think over just a few days it can dosed that way.

jyb said:
I've been combining both progesterone and DHEA last few days. I had a bit of hypo symptoms last week so I took progesterone short term for that (I'm a male), and a bit of DHEA in physiological dose. I'm thinking that the progesterone can protect against excess DHEA -> excess testosterone -> estrogen. And maybe vice-versa DHEA can prevent a drop in testosterone from the progesterone. It's a bit theoretical but I think over just a few days it can dosed that way.

I never took more than a drop of progest-e or perhaps two when I had a hangover. What benefits and side effects do you feel taking a very intense dose?

jyb

Such_Saturation said:
I never took more than a drop of progest-e or perhaps two when I had a hangover. What benefits and side effects do you feel taking a very intense dose?

In the past I've used it when my hypo symptom got bad (lack of energy, brain fog). And it worked for that purpose specifically, kind of more like a band aid, doesn't ramp up the metabolism but helps to think clearly. I noticed softer erections, which I am guessing is lowered testosterone. But that side effect doesn't last after stopping progesterone, in general I don't think I have problems with testosterone so it probably regained fast. And I didn't notice any other side effects, not even much sedation at high dose (a spoonful single dose), so I see it as pretty safe.

For a week I also experimented with high dose and just little bit of DHEA, and didn't notice any sign of lowered testosterone including muscle tone.

OP
J

j.

aquaman said:
j. said:
But I ordered pH strips to be more careful with my changes.

What are these for?

To be extra careful and make sure that changes in diet don't produce big changes in pH. High urine pH can be a sign of milk alkali syndrome. I think most don't need to do this, maybe those experimenting with baking soda to not take too much.

docall18

Hey, just saw this topic. By 'Progesterone antagonises DHEA' i presume you mean it reduces DHEA. Have you any evidence of this?
I always thought progesterone supplementation increases DHEA by 'backfilling'.

I think by keeping you healthy it probably also keeps your DHEA levels healthy. To have a real anti-androgen action you would need a woman dose.

I had elevated DHEA and Testosterone for nearly two decades. As a woman, this resulted in me growing a beard! Large doses of Progest-E is the only thing that has brought my androgens down to normal levels and made my beard go away...YIPPEE!!!

kineticz

I think a key difference is that DHEA easily suppresses ACTH, when metabolic rate is low, but progesterone enhances ACTH.

Excess DHEA makes me feel super numb and prone to panic attacks, but excess progesterone seems to increase my tension and cause dryness.

Progesterone is the key metabolic balancer but DHEA is key for gender vitality.