Experience With Antibiotic Treatment

How effective was your antibiotic treatment?

• Quite effective, solved my problems and the results lasted

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Decent but the results unsustained

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Neutral

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Left more problems than fixed

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
I take penicillin like someone would take a probiotic supplement. I notice a feeling of well-being when taking it. Peat takes it occasionally.

A feeling of well-being should last every single day without anti-biotics. The penicillin may just give a little extra boost that lasts only when it's in your bloodstream.

I think it does a good job of going into your blood and annihilating endotoxin. That may be the well-being effect. Everyone always has some endotoxin in their blood. It's the feedback loop of the gut.

It appears that one dose only stays in your system for approximately 8 hours when you calculate the half life, which is also why the recommended dose of 500mg is every 8 hours.

Are you aware that out of 116 Peat quotes on the subject of endotoxin, only 2 mention starch?:

http://www.functionalps.com/blog/2012/1 ... endotoxin/

Are you aware that meat, fat, and sugar can cause endotoxin production as well?:

"To evaluate the changes in circulating endotoxin after a high-saturated fat meal to determine whether these effects depend on metabolic disease state."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22210577

"Differential Effects of Cream, Glucose, and Orange Juice on Inflammation, Endotoxin,
and the Expression of Toll-Like Receptor-4 and Suppressor of Cytokine Signaling-3"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... zdc991.pdf

“Endotoxin contents of cream and orange juice were 104, 24, and 85 EU/ml, respectively. This was equivalent to a total endotoxin load of 10,400 EU for the cream taken and 55,250 EU for the orange juice drink. Glucola drink and water did not contain measurable endotoxin. Considering that the amount of endotoxin ingested is extremely small (5g) in comparison to a total estimated amount of 1g in the gut, it is unlikely that the LPS content in drinks contributes significantly to the increase in plasma endotoxin concentrations. The LBP concentration increased significantly after the intake of glucose by 16% over the baseline at 5h (from 9.4 0.8 to 11 1.2 g/ml, P 0.0.5) but not after cream or orange juice."

jyb

Amazoniac said:
West, are you aware of the reason why the endotoxins derived from starch-eater microbes cause so much trouble? Is it just due to the amount of energy stored in them compared to other fermentable carbs?

I think it's just that in practice starch is the source of carbs left for bacteria to digest in the gut - bacteria love the carb. Whereas if you eat just sugar, there might be less traces left to provide such material. But when Ray talks about starch endotoxin in interviews, he usually means starch particles that can go through the gut wall if they are thin enough, and that has nothing to do with bacteria.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

jyb said:
Amazoniac said:
West, are you aware of the reason why the endotoxins derived from starch-eater microbes cause so much trouble? Is it just due to the amount of energy stored in them compared to other fermentable carbs?

I think it's just that in practice starch is the source of carbs left for bacteria to digest in the gut - bacteria love the carb. Whereas if you eat just sugar, there might be less traces left to provide such material. But when Ray talks about starch endotoxin in interviews, he usually means starch particles that can go through the gut wall if they are thin enough, and that has nothing to do with bacteria.

I always thought that when he mentioned endotoxins in interviews he was reffering to LPS instead of starch persorption..

Peata

What antibiotic treatment do you mean? For a certain antibiotic or a certain infection or ?

tara

Amazoniac said:
jyb said:
Amazoniac said:

I always thought that when he mentioned endotoxins in interviews he was reffering to LPS instead of starch persorption..
That's how I read him too. He has referred specifically to adsorbed starch grains, or other particles, when writing about persorption. Endotoxin is bacterial endotoxin.