PUFA Detox And Long Term Well Being

TwiNN

Since I rigorously stopped eating PUFAs (3 months ago) I experienced certain symptoms, but I am not sure whether those were exclusively related to the release of stored unsaturated fats in my body. For the first few weeks I experienced severe night sweats. Some acne appeared on my face. An inflammation of the nerve in the neck region caused a lot of pain for some weeks and I am still working on resolving this issue, albeit it has become much better and does not hurt anymore. Some of those symptoms already went away (night sweats), but the others are just becoming better and better as time goes by. I still have some occurring acne and dark circles under my eyes (not severe), but at the same time I am losing weight without restricting calories and just eating to satiety. I expect the last symptoms to fade once all the stored unsaturated fats are cleared from my body. One visible step towards this goal will be getting rid of the visible subcutaneous fat first. It is already decreasing. I think I will need to go on for 1-2 years more until most issues will be resolved, maybe more, but as long as the tendency is overall positive I am sure I will have the motivation to continue. My overall well-being is getting better week by week, month by month.

Jsaute21

Since I rigorously stopped eating PUFAs (3 months ago) I experienced certain symptoms, but I am not sure whether those were exclusively related to the release of stored unsaturated fats in my body. For the first few weeks I experienced severe night sweats. Some acne appeared on my face. An inflammation of the nerve in the neck region caused a lot of pain for some weeks and I am still working on resolving this issue, albeit it has become much better and does not hurt anymore. Some of those symptoms already went away (night sweats), but the others are just becoming better and better as time goes by. I still have some occurring acne and dark circles under my eyes (not severe), but at the same time I am losing weight without restricting calories and just eating to satiety. I expect the last symptoms to fade once all the stored unsaturated fats are cleared from my body. One visible step towards this goal will be getting rid of the visible subcutaneous fat first. It is already decreasing. I think I will need to go on for 1-2 years more until most issues will be resolved, maybe more, but as long as the tendency is overall positive I am sure I will have the motivation to continue. My overall well-being is getting better week by week, month by month.

Though my issues have been different, i can confirm having some issues arise once PUFAS were minimized and thus released from my body. I.E. I have never been someone that has really struggled with potent Body Odor, and as my metabolism ramped up, the release of toxins through sweat was quite astonishing. Quite simply, I reeked. It has already subsided and is very normal now for a young man i would say.

artlange

as your metabolism starts ramping up because of less PUFA, you may become nutrient deficient. perhaps the acne is caused by not enough Vit A. Ray talked about this in some of his KMUD interviews.

TwiNN

as your metabolism starts ramping up because of less PUFA, you may become nutrient deficient. perhaps the acne is caused by not enough Vit A. Ray talked about this in some of his KMUD interviews.
Thanks for your remark! I make sure to have liver once or twice a week and eat lots of vegetables containing beta-Carotene for the conversion to Retinol (this pathway, as far as I know, is inhibited in case of health issues like low metabolism or bad digestion). However, I suspected that the liver is not able to handle all of the released toxins and unsaturated fats and therefore the skin partly takes over that task, leading to acne. Since this issue is also slowly resolving I think I am not deficient in Vitamin A, or at least this is not the reason for the acne in my case. Time will tell.

Xisca

SO Ray Peat has talked about the detox of pufas from the body's tissues...and how it can take years to find true well being. Has anybody been Peating long enough (years) where they just finally started feeling good? Basically I just want some testimonials that this is the case as I've been been Peating for 6 months and I am not there yet. Does this actually happen or is it a theory?

Let me know any and all thoughts.
It was 3 years ago.... You are there yet! What happened? How can you answer your 3-years-before self? ;)