Peat Girl's Logger

sctb

Nice going!

I can tolerate drinking milk just fine, but I find myself sticking
to cheese, butter, and Greek yoghurt or iced cream primarily.
In the past I would definitely tend towards drinking a lot of
water and urinating frequently (including at night) like yourself,
but that's been improving a lot over time.

Cheers,

Scott

OP
P

Peat's_Girl

sctb said:
In the past I would definitely tend towards drinking a lot of
water and urinating frequently (including at night) like yourself,
but that's been improving a lot over time.

Thanks Scott, that's reassuring ;)

OP
P

Peat's_Girl

Morning temp, 96.5F. The usual.

Made a vitamin B soup! (Well a chicken, veggie soup, but Crono boasts that it has an impressive array of B vitamins!)

I bought a chicken, skinned it, cut it. Took the boney parts, wings, breast bones, etc., and caramelized in the pot with some coconut oil, 4 cloves of garlic and an onion (my bf, who's a cook, told me to, cause it seals the flavours in and is less gross tasting than if you boil it right away).
I just took an onion, cut it in half and "fried" the flat part, cause I hate cutting onions.
Then I put around 2 cups of beef broth and waited for a boil at which point I put all the "hard" veggies, like potatoes, carrots, celery and green beans in.
Then I simmered it, and after it was nearing its finish (soft potatoes, yo!) I added in a tomato and some frozen spinach (I'm sure fresh would be better).

It has a nice greenish colour and smells... Green!
I was proud because I don't know how to cook well, save for omelettes, and it turned out quite nice!

I'm going honey hunting for Jen and I might buy some cheap fruit and cook it.
I have to force myself to eat fruit, damn it.

The acne is letting up. So, I'm okay with milk (maybe, I don't know. leave me alone...).
It was probably a terrible idea to base myself in coconut oil like some pre-roasted chicken...

A-HA! Kate D's book mentions eating protein, fat and sugars together, ALWAYS.
I think the burping, the diarrhea and all the mood problems were due to lack of sleep and too many "straight" sugar liquids.
Now I make sure to eat solid foods with my liquids.
(Hey, maybe I shouldn't have trashed her book so bad. I feel bad now... I just wish she was witty and less rich, okay ;D)

So eggy breakfast with an OJ.
Cheese, milk, chocolate/ fruit snack.
Gelatin, cream, sugar and salt in a coffee (yum! SALT IN COFFEE, best idea EVER!).
Or milk with meats like lamb, pork, chicken.

These combinations taste really good to me.
I'm finally feeling a bit more like myself but I still feel a huge drop in energy after 4pm...
(I usually eat soup, so maybe that's why.)
I hope that improves with some T3.
I sleep tons. Like 10-11hrs a night, and still wake up to pee a few times. Today I woke up at 4am cause I got tired of zombie walking to the bathroom and then trying to sleep again.

That's all folks!

Jennifer

Peat's_Girl said:
I'm having one of those not so good days Y_Y
I'm sorry, Ally! :( I hope you have a better day tomorrow!

Glad your chicken veggie recipe turned out well. It sounds delicious! That's nice that your boyfriend is a cook and can share tips with you.

And thank you for going honey hunting for me. I appreciate that, but you take care of yourself and rest instead, okay!? Maybe snuggle up with Pocket and let him show you how napping is done. :)

Jennifer

Peat's_Girl said:
I have Trypophobia .
Ooh...that nasty OCD! Swiss cheese must be a nightmare for you, huh?

OP
P

Peat's_Girl

No, they have to be numerous and clumped together...

EW! Evil **** google! When someone GOOGLES trypophobia THEY PROBABLY HAVE IT AND THEY DON'T WANNA BE BOMBARDED WITH 10,000 PICTURES OF HOLES!!!!!!!!

EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW

Just the word "holes" makes me itch.
EW.

Jen, did you get my email/s? ;D

It's weird, I don't think I'd ever know I had it or that it's an actual thing until my brainiac boyfriend informed me it's called "trypophobia".

Seriously? Who knows stuff like that?...

Anyway, after a bout with pasta and pizza this week (which warmed me up to a toasty 98.5!) I decided I shouldn't be eating grains at all if I value my life.

In other news, I find out the following:
OJ --> causes huge issues, burping, heartburn etc.
Whole fruit --> nothing.

I guess if I were to do an elimination diet all I'd be eating is meats and whole fruits. Those are the only things that cause me no digestive issues what-so-ever. (Probably why I was doing a lot better on a zero carb diet than other women.)
So freaking weird.

Adding salt to liquids make me pee less and digest coffee better (WELL DUH!).

So yeah. This week, no starches, just whole fruits, coffee, dairy and meats.
See what happens. Next week as per TGP's advice, a round of a hellish garlic regiment ;D
OH GOD HELP ME.

Temps: 96.4 (morning), after coffee (gelatin, milk, salt, sugar) and an apple, and a piece of cheese: 97.5.
Or something. My thermometer KEEPS TROLLING! It shows different readings depending on its mood and my ear.
Btw, why are my ears so freaking weird?
One ear canal goes up another straight in. SMH weird.

Jennifer

Peat's_Girl said:
No, they have to be numerous and clumped together...

EW! Evil **** google! When someone GOOGLES trypophobia THEY PROBABLY HAVE IT AND THEY DON'T WANNA BE BOMBARDED WITH 10,000 PICTURES OF HOLES!!!!!!!!

EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW

Just the word "holes" makes me itch.
EW.

Jen, did you get my email/s? ;D
Interesting! The honey with the bubbles must drive you crazy. You get extra points for that one! :)

And yep! I got your emails and replied! :)

Peat's_Girl said:
In other news, I find out the following:
OJ --> causes huge issues, burping, heartburn etc.
Whole fruit --> nothing.
Same with me!

Peat's_Girl said:
I guess if I were to do an elimination diet all I'd be eating is meats and whole fruits. Those are the only things that cause me no digestive issues what-so-ever.
Again, same with me! My wanting to stick to a vegetarian diet is not looking so promising, but I keep trying. :roll:

Peat's_Girl said:
Next week as per TGP's advice, a round of a hellish garlic regiment ;D
OH GOD HELP ME.
Good luck with that! Day and night, all I was tasting and smelling was garlic and of all things, my dog was on me like Velcro that week. Strange animal! LOL

OP
P

Peat's_Girl

Not updating much because there's nothing to complain about >;3
(Not that anyone has noticed ;))

The 3:1 calcium to phosphorous ratio seems to be doing the trick. Focusing on whole fruits, cheese, gelatin, meat and coffee helps me achieve that.

No liquids for me! I pee enough as it is with all the water content in fruit. The fiber is really helpful too (no more blood in the stool or straining, yay!). I think the culprits, after all, were starches (well duh) and OJ. OJ is waaaaaaaay too acidic for me and caused immediate burping. I even developed some sores on my gums (?!). But since eating more sugar in the form of fruit and processed white sugar (as much as 6 tsp. in my coffee, hehe) my teeth have improved greatly! (Less sensitivity, sores are gone, whiter.)

(I know the 3-years-ago Paleo me would probably fall off her chair reading this.)

Note Worthy Complaints:
The insomnia rears its ugly head (maybe it's a hydra? the minute I think I got it qualmed, a week later and I'm writing posts on RP at 3am). I overheat really easily and everything bothers me. Noises, my peeing every few hours, the pillows, the blankets, my cat. It's a freaking princess and the pea scenario right here.
(Hey, I must be a real princess!)

Cravings for... You guessed it! (I do love playing these peekaboo games with a make-belief audience) PAELO-TYPE FOODS! Or maybe it's just animal flesh?
(Sounds morbid...)
But seriously if it has fat on it and came from something with eyes I will devour it despite fullness cues...
I wonder what it all means?

Excited to try some T3 and Progest-E. I'll update more once I start the course.
Boy, I bet it's gonna be a bumpy ride...

Peat's_Girl said:
Not updating much because there's nothing to complain about >;3
(Not that anyone has noticed ;))

Shudddup, I noticed..... :kisscheek

Peat's_Girl said:
The 3:1 calcium to phosphorous ratio seems to be doing the trick. Focusing on whole fruits, cheese, gelatin, meat and coffee helps me achieve that.

No liquids for me! I pee enough as it is with all the water content in fruit. The fiber is really helpful too (no more blood in the stool or straining, yay!). I think the culprits, after all, were starches (well duh) and OJ. OJ is waaaaaaaay too acidic for me and caused immediate burping. I even developed some sores on my gums (?!). But since eating more sugar in the form of fruit and processed white sugar (as much as 6 tsp. in my coffee, hehe) my teeth have improved greatly! (Less sensitivity, sores are gone, whiter.)

(I know the 3-years-ago Paleo me would probably fall off her chair reading this.)

Note Worthy Complaints:
The insomnia rears its ugly head (maybe it's a hydra? the minute I think I got it qualmed, a week later and I'm writing posts on RP at 3am). I overheat really easily and everything bothers me. Noises, my peeing every few hours, the pillows, the blankets, my cat. It's a freaking princess and the pea scenario right here.
(Hey, I must be a real princess!)

Sounds like stress hormones to me, but I've been wrong before.

Peat's_Girl said:
Cravings for... You guessed it! (I do love playing these peekaboo games with a make-belief audience) PAELO-TYPE FOODS! Or maybe it's just animal flesh?
(Sounds morbid...)
But seriously if it has fat on it and came from something with eyes I will devour it despite fullness cues...
I wonder what it all means?

It means you're still malnourished, keep eating. Your liver loves protein.

Peat's_Girl said:
Excited to try some T3 and Progest-E. I'll update more once I start the course.
Boy, I bet it's gonna be a bumpy ride...

Bumpy Ride? .....How about a Magic Carpet Ride?

https://youtu.be/NQ4ZROYrG8s

OP
P

Peat's_Girl

TBP, why do you like the same music as I do?!
I used to listen to Steppenwolf in high-school allll through lunch!
It doesn't even make sense ;D

OP
P

Peat's_Girl

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...............! o_O

I just became aware of this (wouldn't you know it?) Korean phenomenon called Mukbang.
Apparently there are thousands of these videos on YouTube of people eating ridiculous amounts of food
on live stream for the viewing pleasure of the public.

These (albeit skinny) people are essentially getting paid to eat! Why can't I have that job?!
And why are they so skinny...???

I wonder if they do this on a regular basis or like once a week, or maybe they purge after...
Gah, I don't know! How do you explain this? Or maybe you'll explain it with a healthy metabolism...?
It still boggles my mind.

But, I'm jealous. I'm cute! Wouldn't people wanna watch me eat too? ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPOocuP-wdk

OP
P

Peat's_Girl

Can you explain to me why someone who, after consuming wheat must curl in a ball on the floor, keeps, willingly, consuming wheat?!

I don't either. Yet I still do it.

I think I need to step back and take a break from the forum. From all forums.
This is a case of analysis by paralysis. I have bought 5 health books in the past week alone. I keep reading more blogs, and from there getting directed to other relevant blogs and this will NEVER EVER stop.
The quest for the perfect diet will never stop and all it does it just make me afraid to eat until I starve and overeat whatever's ******* there. No, I will willingly go out and eat the exact thing I'm not supposed to, as if to spite myself.

I don't know if Peat is right, he's sometimes tangential and references really old data that might be no longer relevant. A lot of his advice is anecdotal. Then again, people claim his teachings have saved their life though I don't know if this will be the case for me. But I don't wanna fall for another guru and another dogma. I need to learn to listen to my brain and body, because I no longer know how. The act of eating is not natural to me... It's artificial. It involved many factors and mental gymnastics.

I don't know if I can consume dairy safely. The only thing I should probably not touch with a ten-food pole is wheat. I think I might do well on a modified Primal diet --(no nuts and seeds) but with meat, vegetables, the occasional potato and LOTS of fruit. This was the only time I remember having all the markers of a good metabolism: strong nails, glowing skin, thick hair, energy and great sleep.

I love coffee and will keep drinking it. I will try to get as much fruit as possible. Vegetables, I only like greens (cooked well) and the occasional fancy salad in a restaurant. Ice-cream will always have a special place in my heart. I can't overdo dairy and get away with it, and it might have to go completely in the future if my digestion doesn't improve. I guess gelatin is an important addition because I can't get bones here.

I guess the next step is trying T3 and Progest-E.
I might come back here with great news or I might find some other way that works!
I just gotta do me ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1NrQYXjLU

Jennifer

Ha! I just replied to your comment on my log. It seems you and I are on the same page. Good for you for being your biggest advocate and hearing your own voice. ;)

OP
P

Peat's_Girl

Jen, you and I can go rogue and start trolling the forum.
We can adopt irreverent nicknames, like "Don'tGiveAP**t" or "Pot4Peat" and offend people by telling them to eat nutella and avoid dairy. It's the way of the future... >;D

In other news, my BF floored me today. I asked him why he didn't buy cream (I can only have coffee with cream now) and he looked me straight in the eye and said, "They all had carrageenan."

o_O

I guess sometimes he listens instead of staring at my boobs. (Note to self: wear clothes when discussing significant information.)

Jennifer

Peat's_Girl said:
Jen, you and I can go rogue and start trolling the forum.
We can adopt irreverent nicknames, like "Don'tGiveAP**t" or "Pot4Peat" and offend people by telling them to eat nutella and avoid dairy. It's the way of the future... >;D
Aww...now that's the spirit! :twisted:

My goal has been to spread the tunes to every corner of this forum. If I have my way, this place will be one big disco, minus the platforms and polyester. No need to revive those! But since I'm a multitasker, not only will I campaign against the evils of dairy, I will do it through music like any true artist would.

So let the campaigning begin!

Do people think you're extra sensitive or contagious? Have you spent more time on the pot than the Doobie Brothers? If so, you have milk to thank for your life of congestion, constipation and resulting loneliness.

Reasons to avoid dairy...

Blame it on the boogie:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mkBS4zUjJZo

Next up! Constipation:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nbfnP3nhghk

I took out a turnip and now I'm coming for you, dairy. Just kidding! I will never give up on you, my beloved. :kisscheek

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals