My RESULTS-IN-6-MONTHS Plan

Re: THE SIX-MONTH-HEAL-EVERYTHING PROTOCOL

natedawggh said:
I used to be dismayed when I read in this forum that it takes 4 years to deplete the body of PUFAs. But I realized something recently: If you deplete 50% of the PUFAs in your body, you are 50% on your way to being better, and that would only take 1 year! (because the depletion is not linear, but exponential—even small increases in metabolism enable your body to start detoxifying the PUFAs) In addition to this you can block the effects of the PUFAs in your system with tools like Lysine and Zinc. If I had started right away with this kind of protocol I would have started feeling better in just a few weeks, amazing by 2-3 months, and totally cured of symptoms six, while still having to maintain a Peat centric diet and probably continue supplementing Lysine until every last PUFA is gone.

You’re making some sensational claims. Unless you go to a lab and have them cut some of your fat tissue out from your belly, thighs, butt, and upper arms, and have it tested then you don't know what the fatty acid composition of your adipose tissue is.

You can’t completely deplete PUFA even if you avoid cooking oil. It accumilates just by eating with aging. It happens slowly over the years:

“The most highly unsaturated fats, including DHA, accumulate with aging, and their toxic fragments are increased in Alzheimer's disease. “ - RP

“It is impossible to devise a fat-free diet outside of a laboratory.” - RP

Fat testing is real:

http://cfpub.epa.gov/ncea/cfm/recordisp ... deid=55204

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

Zachs said:
I'll tell you right now that what worked for you will absolutely not work for everyone. Also I'm surprised, no glycine?

Congrats on all those reversals! Just be careful about giving out blanket statement advice for "cures".

There's glycine in both the casein and the gelatin. If you are using sources low in tryptophan (which is a requirement), then you don't specifically need to supplement glycine because it's already in the protein you're getting, although you can use plenty of gelatin if you like. I find it has a specific anti-excitatory effect on my system (gelatin), but only if I'm not too serotonin dominant in the first place. I tried supplementing glycine once and I do not like it at all.

If you haven't tried this I think you should be careful about blanketly dismissing someone else's contributions.

alebaba

natedawggh said:
I found 1500 mg to be the threshold for me. 2000 mg gives me a headache but 500 mg doesn't help me sleep (niacinamide helps me sleep). There's not really any negative side effects from high doses of niacin amide and it directly stimulates the metabolism.

My hair started growing back in as soon as I started taking Lysine and supplementing extra calcium carbonate (from grinding eggshells). I think this is because Lysine depresses serotonin and extra calcium depresses prolatctin, the two things that are responsible for hair loss because they choke off blood flow and nutrients to the scalp. I started taking calcium at too high a dose in the beginning (2000 mg) and I got hypercalcaemia. It was very uncomfortable. This is because having high prolactin spares calcium, and taking a high dose makes it way too high in your body. Start with low doses and work your way up as the prolactin goes down. You have to be consistent in your supplementation. (I take about 3000-4000 mg a day now BUT DO NOT start at that dose or you will end up in the hospital).

One day after about 2 weeks of taking lysine there were lots of thin, young hairs across a patch of about 1/2 inch down from my current hairline. It all thickened in just a month and I have more hairs coming in even farther down, about 3/4 an inch from where it was farthest back. It has been I think 3 or 4 months since I started taking lysine, and I look about 5 years younger because of the hair regrowth, not to mention my general skin quality has improved greatly.

What brand of lysine supplement do you take? Ive taken calcium(egg shell) up to 2kmg, so I should be good with that.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

Westside PUFAs said:
You’re making some sensational claims. Unless you go to a lab and have them cut some of your fat tissue out from your belly, thighs, butt, and upper arms, and have it tested then you don't know what the fatty acid composition of your adipose tissue is.

You can’t completely deplete PUFA even if you avoid cooking oil. It accumilates just by eating with aging. It happens slowly over the years:

“The most highly unsaturated fats, including DHA, accumulate with aging, and their toxic fragments are increased in Alzheimer's disease. “ - RP

“It is impossible to devise a fat-free diet outside of a laboratory.” - RP

So you believe it's impossible to reduce PUFAs in the body? Thanks for letting us know, you're super helpful. Also no one is talking about fat-free in this thread.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

EIRE24 said:
What casein did you use?

Now foods brand. It was the only one I can find that isn't full of additives and binders. It has safflower lecithin, which I would like it to not have but the health benefits it's brought me are apparently greater than the presence of the lecithin.

Of course cottage cheese is high in casein, but then again it also has some fermentation.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

tara said:
Congratulations. :)

natedawggh said:
I found 1500 mg to be the threshold for me. 2000 mg gives me a headache but 500 mg doesn't help me sleep (niacinamide helps me sleep). There's not really any negative side effects from high doses of niacin amide and it directly stimulates the metabolism.

Some people do get severe headaches from high doses of niacinamide - possibly to do with blood sugar crashes. Even drinking juice all day, if liver glycogen storage is not yet good, you can get crashes in the night. I'd recommend increasing this one gradually, and backing down a little if you get this symptom. There is some discussion on another thread about whether high doses slow down lipolysis too much. Peat recommends 50-100mg doses. Otherwise, no reason that I'm aware of to not take 1500mg doses if they don't cause you obvious suffering, and apparently they have done natedawggh and some others good.

Yes I got a headache from it a couple times but not badly, and from my experience I would guess the headache comes from niacinamide's powerful anti-sertonin effects (though different from Lysine and Feverfew), perhaps depleting the serotonin in the brain too quickly. To me it feels like a caffeine withdrawal headache. Of course, Yes, ramp up the dose. I find the closer to 1500 mg is pharmacologically helpful but no need to go above that amount.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

Peata said:
I think Taurine lowers serotonin too, doesn't it? Since it raises Dopamine.

Yep! Which is why it is doubly helpful. The reverse though is that lowering serotonin with Lysine doesn't seem to increase dopamine, at least for me, probably because the metabolic blocks that are there give me trouble making enough dopamine. But I also think Taurine had a huge role in my hair regrowth, diminishing my fatty liver, and increasing my testosterone output as well.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

alebaba said:
What brand of lysine supplement do you take? Ive taken calcium(egg shell) up to 2kmg, so I should be good with that.

Swanson brand Lysine. It's cheap and doesn't have bad fillers. I take Now brand Taurine.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

Zachs said:
I'll tell you right now that what worked for you will absolutely not work for everyone. Also I'm surprised, no glycine?

Congrats on all those reversals! Just be careful about giving out blanket statement advice for "cures".

Didn't use the word cure. You did.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

Charlie said:
Zachs said:
Congrats on all those reversals!

Indeed. Most excellent!

Zachs said:
Just be careful about giving out blanket statement advice for "cures".

I agree.

Ray Peat Forum Rules said:
We Do Not Permit:

-Claims of miraculous or certain results for everybody by any particular proposed set of actions.

rules#miracle-claims

:hattip

I totally agree, which is why I didn't used the word cure. You used it. Not sure where you got that. My post is about how I fixed my health in six months, I don't know where you get miracle in there?

alebaba

natedawggh said:
alebaba said:

Swanson brand Lysine. It's cheap and doesn't have bad fillers. I take Now brand Taurine.

Whats your lysine intake a day? I just check my cronometer and my average is around 10g. sorry for all the questions, I really want my hairline back. :(

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

natedawggh said:
I totally agree, which is why I didn't used the word cure. You used it. Not sure where you got that. My post is about how I fixed my health in six months, I don't know where you get miracle in there?

"HEAL-EVERYTHING PROTOCOL"

That seems pretty miraculous to me. :mrgreen:

docall18

Well I appreciate Natedawggh for taking the time to share this with us.

I am on a very similar protocol, however I also take 3 grains of thyroid-s, tiny amounts of TD progesterone, P5P B6 and fructose powder.

The progesterone has been great. It is very emotionally/mentally calming.

The P5P B6 has increased my dopamine levels hugely. My libido is way up and I can feel the higher dopamine. It is definitely my favorite supplement.

Still waiting for hair regrowth tho..

honeybee

Thanks for sharing your success Nate. Seems like it's working for you. Don't let the haters get you down. Please keep sharing- I think its important that successes are documented and you are brave enough to do it. It sometimes seems those who try to document their successes are instantly over scrutinized and picked at -and as a result most people won't contribute their stories. I know I won't.
I'm inspired to try the magnesium water based on your video. :D

jaywills

Hi Nate,
I have been thinking about the Calcium/Phosphorous ratio for some time, and thinking of ways of keeping phosphorous as low as possible to quiet the PTH. I know Peat mentions the balance being ideally 2:1, or 1:1, but surely even higher calcium to phosphorous would be ideal for someone suffering from high prolactin and wants to lower it. Thus...

Were you tracking your phosphorous intake during this period?

Having entered 2 examples of Casein into cronometer, a 1 scoop serving of casein provides 600mg of calcium with 0 phosphorous. Just postulating here, but with the majority of your protein coming from casein, do you think that your successes could have been partly due to the very LOW phosphorous?

Cottage Cheese, Milk despite its high casein or calcium content also contains plenty of phosphorous so these sources would not work. I think you could be on to something here by using the supplemental powder.

tara

jaywills said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/95673/ Hi Nate,
I have been thinking about the Calcium/Phosphorous ratio for some time, and thinking of ways of keeping phosphorous as low as possible to quiet the PTH. I know Peat mentions the balance being ideally 2:1, or 1:1, but surely even higher calcium to phosphorous would be ideal for someone suffering from high prolactin and wants to lower it. Thus...

Were you tracking your phosphorous intake during this period?

Having entered 2 examples of Casein into cronometer, a 1 scoop serving of casein provides 600mg of calcium with 0 phosphorous. Just postulating here, but with the majority of your protein coming from casein, do you think that your successes could have been partly due to the very LOW phosphorous?

Cottage Cheese, Milk despite its high casein or calcium content also contains plenty of phosphorous so these sources would not work. I think you could be on to something here by using the supplemental powder.

I think Peat has recommended ideally CA:Ph about 1.5:1, and in the range 1:1 to 2:1, not necessarily higher is better?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

itsALLgood said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/92553/
natedawggh said:
2.) High Protein intake from low tryptophan sources (I use casein to make this easier. NOT milk.). Minimum 100 g a day but generally 150-200 g.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6217&hilit=alcohol
Why not milk? Didn't see find anything in the link you posted.

Dr. Peat, while a fan of milk, also states the caveat that it is not an appropriate food for adults due to the excess tryptophan. I've experienced this in practice as every time I have reduced bloating, fatigue, and migraines milk instantly makes them return. I can suppress these effects by taking high doses of lysine along with drinking milk, but I think it's just easier and healthier to cut out milk for the time being. The major points for having milk is for the protein and the calcium, and by taking casein and eggshell powder I am accomplishing the same thing. (Milk has some other nice properties such as an anti-cavity substance, but the tryptophan is just too much for me)

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals