j's log

J

j.

Tried Life Extension pregnenolone, 100 mg, one pill yesterday and today. Didn't really feel anything. I'm still under 30, so maybe I'm not deficient. Will keep taking it for a few months to see it anything happens.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Looking forward to hearing your results.

jaguar43

In my experience preg lakes a few days to kick in. Colors become brighter and laughter will arise. :mrgreen:

OP
J

j.

jag2594 said:
In my experience preg lakes a few days to kick in. Colors become brighter and laughter will arise. :mrgreen:

That'll be cool. Since I at least didn't have a bad reaction to it, will continue taking it.

Jenn

I noticed a deep sense of calm at the end of the day I first took it.

When I asked if I needed it, I was told your body makes its own...unless your body temp is less than normal. I take it as needed, which is most of the time in winter and also when it's too hot in summer.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
j. are you tracking your temps and pulse?

OP
J

j.

I do it occasionally, it's usually between 74 and like 85, but I'm too easily agitated, by thoughts, distractions, memories, that very often my pulse jumps to 100 or more, which is probably stress pulse not indicative of thyroid function, so I don't consider checking pulse reliable in my situation, at least for the moment. Maybe my occasional 85 pulse is also stress driven.

I never check temps, but I used to feel cold, and I don't anymore, or very rarely.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
You might notice an instant increase of metabolism. I was having these adrenaline type reactions when I took pregnenolone which I knew realize was actually a huge increase of metabolism.

OP
J

j.

So hijacking my own thread, what's the update with your story about pregnenolone, Charlie, last I heard you stopped taking it.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I stopped taking it because of the stress hormones that would come up immediately. With my thyroid supplementing I keep my body at just under the thresh hold of when the stress hormones start coming up. The body only wants to go so far up on metabolism before stress hormones start happening. Thats why Ray Peat says to only raise the dose of thyroid when the stress hormones have calmed down and are under control. When I would take pregnenolone, it would push me over that line. At the time, I did not realize what was going on. However, now I think I got it pretty much figured out. When I would take the pregnenolone it would boost my metabolism up immediately and cause a stress reaction because the metabolism rise was being pushed too hard. Progest-e also did the same thing to me as it raises metabolism immediately also.

OP
J

j.

That makes me wonder if the acne "side effect" of pregnenolone is just about increasing metabolism. The one side effect that seems to be real and bad is the woman who said it made her grow hair in her face.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I think that's a real good possibility.

OP
J

j.

4th day of pregnenlone (100 mg). Spirits are way up, probably not a coincidence.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Nice!

OP
J

j.

j. said:
4th day of pregnenlone (100 mg). Spirits are way up, probably not a coincidence.

Hard crash yesterday night. Suddenly, anxiety occurred and lasted almost all night (I hadn't had it for a really long time), and it came with involuntary facial movements (forehead and frowning), and a bit also of the arms and legs. Yesterday was my fourth day of pregnenolone, 100 mg, maybe it's too much, and my body doesn't just eliminate its excess. Or maybe I'm getting used to it. Didn't take it today. Will wait till Saturday to not interfere with work.

The other thing I did yesterday was taking about 2mg of Carlson vitamin K for the first time, but it was 11 hours before the crash, and Mk4's half life is supposed to be an hour, so I'm not sure it was the vitamin K provoking a stroke and not the pregnenolone, although I guess a stroke could occur early and manifest its effects later.

4peatssake

j. said:
j. said:

Hard crash yesterday night. Suddenly, anxiety occurred and lasted almost all night (I hadn't had it for a really long time), and it came with involuntary facial movements (forehead and frowning), and a bit also of the arms and legs. Yesterday was my fourth day of pregnenolone, 100 mg, maybe it's too much, and my body doesn't just eliminate its excess. Or maybe I'm getting used to it. Didn't take it today. Will wait till Saturday to not interfere with work.

The other thing I did yesterday was taking about 2mg of Carlson vitamin K for the first time, but it was 11 hours before the crash, and Mk4's half life is supposed to be an hour, so I'm not sure it was the vitamin K provoking a stroke and not the pregnenolone, although I guess a stroke could occur early and manifest its effects later.
Sorry to hear this j. Did you email Ray Peat? This is one of those instances where I'd ask him directly for input.
Hope you're feeling better today.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Sounds like metabolism tried to push up too fast. :2cents

OP
J

j.

4peatssake said:
Sorry to hear this j. Did you email Ray Peat? This is one of those instances where I'd ask him directly for input. Hope you're feeling better today.

I woke up well and went to work, despite sleeping only about two hours. Everything seems to be working fine. I feel the same as any other day. In the past, I had terrifying sensations that were just due to anxiety (according to a professional) and left no lasting damage.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
My left cheek starts twitching when my metabolism gets too high. I also note that I shake when trying to exert pressure on something. Like the muscles just have too much excitement, if that makes any sense.

4peatssake

j. said:
4peatssake said:
Sorry to hear this j. Did you email Ray Peat? This is one of those instances where I'd ask him directly for input. Hope you're feeling better today.

I woke up well and went to work, despite sleeping only about two hours. Everything seems to be working fine. I feel the same as any other day. In the past, I had terrifying sensations that were just due to anxiety (according to a professional) and left no lasting damage.
Great news! Anxiety can create extraordinary chaos. I am sure the goings on with your face and limbs must have been unnerving to say the least. Perhaps, as Charlie mentioned, it's a matter of revving up the engine too fast. Glad to hear it all has settled down now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals