Peat Girl's Logger

tara

Peat's_Girl said:
Cravings for... You guessed it! (I do love playing these peekaboo games with a make-belief audience) PAELO-TYPE FOODS! Or maybe it's just animal flesh?
(Sounds morbid...)
But seriously if it has fat on it and came from something with eyes I will devour it despite fullness cues...
I wonder what it all means?
Don't know what it means for you, but I was dreaming of eating a large hunk of meat a couple of nights ago, so I'm eating more lamb chops again since. :) My guess is I got a bit low in protein.

OP
P

Peat's_Girl

Jennifer said:
Peat's_Girl said:
Jen, you and I can go rogue and start trolling the forum.
We can adopt irreverent nicknames, like "Don'tGiveAP**t" or "Pot4Peat" and offend people by telling them to eat nutella and avoid dairy. It's the way of the future... >;D
Aww...now that's the spirit! :twisted:

My goal has been to spread the tunes to every corner of this forum. If I have my way, this place will be one big disco, minus the platforms and polyester. No need to revive those! But since I'm a multitasker, not only will I campaign against the evils of dairy, I will do it through music like any true artist would.

So let the campaigning begin!

Do people think you're extra sensitive or contagious? Have you spent more time on the pot than the Doobie Brothers? If so, you have milk to thank for your life of congestion, constipation and resulting loneliness.

Reasons to avoid dairy...

Blame it on the boogie:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mkBS4zUjJZo

Next up! Constipation:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nbfnP3nhghk

I took out a turnip and now I'm coming for you, dairy. Just kidding! I will never give up on you, my beloved. :kisscheek
My campaign isn't nearly as elaborate. I was just gonna go on every single forum thread where people post their problems/ questions and post a single, devesating remark:

"EAT NUTELLA.

yolo."

OP
P

Peat's_Girl

AN IDEA!

I was reading Haidut's PUFA depletion thread, and got inspired.
There seem to be some people who have (successfully) embarked on such a diet and have seen some impressive improvements and others who perhaps have some trepidations about trying it out for themselves.
I've yet to see a thread (correct me if I'm wrong) that details (with remarkable OCD mad skillz) a top-to-bottom experiment like this, complete with Crono logs, pictures, etc.

I could include, before and after pics of skin, body, measurements, my daily Crono-logs, mood, energy, temps, pulse, etc. Since I have quite a bit of time on my hands I think I could pull it off better than those who... Well, have a life. ;D
It could be really useful to other newbies like me who are confused and don't know what a Peat diet can do! With ACTUAL VISUAL results! Could be cool, right?

What do you guys think?

*crickets chirping*

Jennifer

I'm going to be out of the house all day and will email you tonight, but quickly wanted to say that sueq and Peata tried PUFA depletion. By chance, did you read through that entire PUFA depletion thread? I think sueq and Peata shared their experience with it on there, along with sueq's low-fat/no starch experiment thread.

What foods are you thinking of eating if you were to do this experiment? I know you mentioned liking only very few fruits and there's your issue with milk. You said you eat cheese and would you still be eating meat?

I'll talk with you later! :)

OP
P

Peat's_Girl

Still figuring it out! Yes I have read the threads you mentioned, but I also know BigP's experience and that's what I'm counting on. I can read threads all day long but I gotta try it for myself and see how it affect me personally. I think my log could be interesting for its consistency and OCD detailing :)

Like I told you in the email, it wasn't the milk that gave me belly aches, it was the starch and the dairy fat (cream and ice cream). This is what prompted this idea. My liver could use a break. If I can take matters into my own hands I will beat this learned helplessness.

Mind you I'm gonna keep at 2,000kcals which is maintenance for me. I think its quite safe. But I'm also not averted to losing some weight so I might reduce accordingly.

Yes this would include milk and meats and tons of fruit.
Any recommendations from the fruit master? :)

I was thinking there could be two ways of doing this: the natural, honey, fruit, organic milk, or the unnatural, fructose, sugar, candy even. I might try both. I saw that people had success with both (outside this forum).

Any ideas/ thoughts?

OP
P

Peat's_Girl

Jennifer said:
Peat's_Girl said:
Jennifer said:
And nice temps! :bravo

Really? I think they suck ;D
Your temp went up more than a degree so I stand by my :bravo

Up to 97.6! Excited to start T3 and maybe it'll improve further! BigP was so sweet, she sent me some ProgestE! I'm over the moon, I really need it cause I've been feeling blue! Yay!

Jennifer

Peat's_Girl said:
Like I told you in the email, it wasn't the milk that gave me belly aches, it was the starch and the dairy fat (cream and ice cream). This is what prompted this idea. My liver could use a break. If I can take matters into my own hands I will beat this learned helplessness.
Sorry, I hadn't read your email from this morning before I had posted. The last I knew, you had mentioned milk being completely removed because you didn't have access to raw milk. I promise I'm trying to keep up so please bear with me. :oops:

Okay, so milk is in! Got it! :)

That was so nice of theBP to send the progest-e. I hope it helps! :)

tara

Peat's_Girl said:
I was thinking there could be two ways of doing this: the natural, honey, fruit, organic milk, or the unnatural, fructose, sugar, candy even. I might try both. I saw that people had success with both (outside this forum).
I would go with as much fruit and milk as you can that does *not cause you grief, and top up with honey and the refined stuff if you need to to get in enough. The fruit and milk give you some really useful minerals for handling the sugar.

OP
P

Peat's_Girl

Thanks Tara! I'm thinking that too. It's so strange how I can eat 3 cups of cherries, 2 cups of watermelon, a cupboard of grapes, tons of honey but if I eat some skittles I feel like I'm gonna die ;S

Technically just sugar right?

Well, it's unanimous: ALL MY READERS HAVE SPOKEN!

:shock:

Nobody would actually care to see such an experiment except for me! ;D

Hmm... Jen's email gave me some food for thought. I might chicken out when it comes to showing my naked chub to faceless forum members. Plus if the experiment fails miserably I would probably feel compelled to continue if people are taking an interest.

Hmm.

I still have to wait until I acquire all the needed supplements (B complex, some protective vitamin E for the quick PUFA depletion, GL gelatine... I even saw some collagen being sold and a capcule-full of bovine matter!!! Brains, glands, heart, kidney, etc. Is that a good idea or should I just stick to liver? Sometimes itss hard to fine beef liver here (and it's ALWAYS tastes like piss.)

I also saw this:

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Bovine-C ... psules/426

I wonder what's the difference between cartilage and gelatin and which one's better?

Oh, and any ideas on getting vitamin A that's not sold in cod liver? ;o

OP
P

Peat's_Girl

Jennifer said:
The last I knew, you had mentioned milk being completely removed because you didn't have access to raw milk. I promise I'm trying to keep up so please bear with me. :oops:

That's what I thought too ABOUT YOU! I thought even the goat's milk was giving you problems so you stopped it. But now I hear you're taking the powder.

Do you eat any meat? I sure darn hope so!

Jennifer

Peat's_Girl said:
Hmm... Jen's email gave me some food for thought. I might chicken out when it comes to showing my naked chub to faceless forum members. Plus if the experiment fails miserably I would probably feel compelled to continue if people are taking an interest.
Oh gosh, I hope you don't think I was implying anything about your nerve or body. I'm looking at it from the perspective of your healing. I know you also wanted to do the experiment to help others, but I'd hate for it to be at the expense of your healing. And not that I think the forum members will be unkind, I just don't want you to feel exposed or in any way judged/criticized. You've had enough of that in your lifetime. I get the importance of physical health, but you've probably guessed by now that I'm big into emotional health. I can't help it! :|

Peat's_Girl said:
Oh, and any ideas on getting vitamin A that's not sold in cod liver? ;o
Liver? Eggs? NutriSorb A? Or you could order some of that fabulous tasting Mt. Capra powdered goat's milk :sick: from iherb or vitacost since goat's milk is a great source of preformed vitamin A.

Peat's_Girl said:
Jennifer said:
The last I knew, you had mentioned milk being completely removed because you didn't have access to raw milk. I promise I'm trying to keep up so please bear with me. :oops:

That's what I thought too ABOUT YOU! I thought even the goat's milk was giving you problems so you stopped it. But now I hear you're taking the powder.

Do you eat any meat? I sure darn hope so!
Yeah, I started getting the rash from the fresh goat's milk. I had done really well the four days I was on the powder milk till my order of the fresh milk came in. I was finishing off the powdered while starting on the fresh milk and developed the rash so figured I was allergic to goat's milk in general. Since I tolerate the powdered milk, I assume it's the goat's diet I'm having a reaction to with the fresh milk. The milk comes from a farm in Vermont and the goats feed on pastures, fermented alfalfa and organic pellets during milking. The powdered milk comes from pastured goats in France. Hmm...now that I think about it, the only honey I tolerate is from Germany. Maybe I'm allergic to America. LOL

OP
P

Peat's_Girl

Jennifer said:
Maybe I'm allergic to America. LOL

Haha! Maybe you have a snobby digestive system that will only tolerate things with a European make ;D

I'm considering developing the same rash for non-designer clothes ;D

No, not at all. I think by now I know you well enough to know you wouldn't imply anything like that.
But I totally understand your concerns, since I had the same ones the minute I published the post...

Maybe I will do measurements, pulse, temp and weight but will hold off on the pictures unless I feel SUPER confident and there's a marketable improvement in my weight/ body. On MDA, I only put up my bathing suit pics up after a year or so, and I had many wonderful friends on the forum! I guess I don't feel as comfortable here as I did there (or about my body in general) but you never know, that might change.

I will probably take photos for myself and keep them on hand in case people want to see...
So far, only you and theBigP got to see my plate-face :lol:

Also, thinking that people might not wanna read my daily updates (that's tedious!) so maybe I'll have a super-OCD, daily Crono logs in a word doc and only update weekly? If someone wants to see the whole thing I can email it to them... Hmm...

Still tons of things to figure out! It's taking me hours to look through stuff I might need to supplement my diet with.

You're right about vitamin A, but I was thinking maybe I still wasn't getting enough seeing as my skin wasn't improving.

That Vitacost place you like so much... Do they ship to Canada, and for how much? ;o

OP
P

Peat's_Girl

Trying to see how I could upload my Crono logs... But what's with the black circle of doom? Y_Y

Attachments

• CRON-O-Meter.pdf
    289.3 KB · Views: 66

pboy

ive never used chronometer...is it like where you input things yourself or does it already have a database? cause a lot of the numbers look off in the vitamin/mineral area. Its a pretty good diet tho it looks like...the whole calories to calories burned thing...lol, alas...ill withhold my tongue (fingers)

Jennifer

Peat's_Girl said:
Jennifer said:
Maybe I'm allergic to America. LOL

Haha! Maybe you have a snobby digestive system that will only tolerate things with a European make ;D

I'm considering developing the same rash for non-designer clothes ;D
Hehe! I have a foot fungus I'm trying to cultivate at the moment and if all things go as planned, I'll be in Jimmy Choos by summer. ;)

Okay, you got me on plate-face. What does that mean? A porcelain complexion? If that's the case, mine is one of those kid's melamine saucers from the movie Frozen. If it weren't for the occasional facial rash, I'd be invisible.

Besides vitamin A, your skin issues could very well be related to your gut. You figured out starch is a problem for you so maybe see if your skin improves now that you're ditching the starch?

Yeah, Vitacost ships to Canada. They're basically like iherb. I go between the two and buy depending on current sales they're running. On average, Vitacost tends to have lower prices, unless you're buying multiple quantities of a product on iherb where you get an extra discount on top of the discount you receive if your total purchase is $40 or more. Vitacost often runs a 12% off sale on your total purchase. They just had one for Memorial Day weekend. I think their current sale is $10 of $60 or more. WOW! Reading that back, I sound like the rain man of extreme couponing! Anyhow, it looks like a flat rate of $9.99 on all orders to Canada:

http://www.vitacost.com/international-FAQs-Canada

OP
P

Peat's_Girl

Good to know! Sometimes I wish we could IM. That would save us all this time on checking and rechecking our respective logs ;D

Hmm... Hope that foot rash clears up before you put the choos on ;p

Plate-face: ROUND face.
But come to think about it, the paleness aspect is another feature you can add to my self-deprecating analogy. Unfortunately the reality is not as romantic sounding as "porcelain complexion", more like a dirty sheet with some pink spots, from where someone spilled strawberry juice ;D

I might go with VitaCost because not only does iHerb use DHL or something stupid like that but they also charge you according to weight! Do you have any idea what it does to an OCD girl?... (Yep, you do.) It makes me crazy, cause I always try to make it 4lbs exactly... So you can imagine how many useless pens, lipglosses and mascaras I have now ;D (They're light-weight.)

OP
P

Peat's_Girl

Jen, this is something you might be able to use too: https://thrivemarket.com.
I can't cause I live here... So I'm not sure why they keep sending me emails all the time, like "HAHA! LOOK AT ALL THE STUFF YOU CAN'T BUY!"

Jennifer

Yeah, I lose track if I've responded to your email, your log or mine. LOL

Ah, okay! So plate-face means round face. Then forget the melamine saucer, mine would be the hungry man special plate. Or maybe it's that my face is normal sized and my body is freakishly small. Ha!

I was going to order three coconut lip balms and four cocoa butter balm sticks just so I could make free shipping. I wanted one coconut lip balm and one cocoa butter stick, but you need to buy a minimum quantity on those products. It would of cost me an extra $10+ just so that I didn't have to pay the $4.99 shipping. Ally...they have places for people like us. If they ever do come to put me away, I'm taking my lip balms with me! All 5,555 tubes of them! :P

Thanks for the link! I'll check it out! :)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Peat's_Girl said:
Sometimes I wish we could IM. That would save us all this time on checking and rechecking our respective logs ;D

I wish to. Unfortunately, we don't have the server resources to do it or I would have already installed it. Unless someone wants to spring for a dedicated server upgrade. :mrgreen:

OP
P

Peat's_Girl

Don't look at me ;D

Charlie, do you read every single thing that gets posted on the forum? If not, how do you manage to appear at the right time to answer such pressing questions? ;D

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals