Jennifer's Recovery Log

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

narouz said:
Jennifer-
Chatting with you and bigpeatowkski and Peata
over the last months
gave me some hare-brained ideas that may interest you.
I called the threads
"Peat uBiome Club?"
and
"We the Appendixless."
(bigp and I have none...but I think you still have yours?...so maybe not too interesting there :) ...)
Thanks for mentioning those threads, narouz! I'll check them out!

Yeah, I still have my appendix. I suppose I fall under the "We the Spineless" catagory. Hmm...I wonder how many people would want to join that group. Maybe I can entice them with our official group t-shirt:

http://www.zazzle.com/ive_got_your_back ... 0914904844

sunmountain

I like the doggy ride idea, Jennifer. I nearly went today, but then puttered around the garden instead. Anything outdoors as long as not too taxing.

So yea, I'm eating some starch at dinner, but it might also be causing gas and contributing to bloating. I take Allithiamine, which I think helps, though I wish my body would adjust to starch like in the past.

About progest-e. I think I read somewhere that it reduces testosterone? Which might account for the loss in libido? Or maybe it was the cypro (I just posted about it in my log)? Maybe I should go off everything for a week like in Mexico, and then work back things one by one?

I've always had a healthy libido, so just assumed that my digestive troubles are behind its loss.

Pre-Peat, I worked with a herbalist, who told me to take Tribulus Terrestis as part of hormone balancing. I remember that just within a few days of taking a small amoutn, I felt a jump in libido.

When I started supplementing E, I also noticed a slight increase.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

LOL I just posted in your log, sunmountain.After writing you last, I went looking for more info regarding progest-e and the muscle/libido loss issue. Did you come across what Peatarian had posted on the subject?

One thing you mentioned in your log was that you're no longer feeling pleasure in anything or looking foward to anything. That sounds just like me. I'm assuming I'm just chronically depressed since I know I'm dealing with low cholesterol and Ray said intestinal inflammation can cause it, but I'm not sure what could be causing it for you. You've been dealing with digestion issues, could excess serotonin be a factor?

Yeah, the libido is tough for me to figure out. I don't feel like myself at all when I'm taking progest-e and yet my blood hormone levels for progesterone are dismal. Despite this, it doesn't seem like I lack a libido, though maybe I don't know what a healthy one should be since I've been sick for so long. And before I finally dealt with it, my not so stellar childhood made me fearful toward any guy who got too close so I can't go by those years as a healthy reference point. I figure if I can get my cholesterol up, then my body can balance things out on its own.

Peat's_Girl

Jennifer said:
Charlie said:
Jennifer, 200 views in 3 days is ain't too bad!

I'm trailing behind a turnip, Charlie! The Ray Peat and turnips post is at 467 views and counting. What does the turnip have that I don't have? Sure it has 95% water content with a slight amount of sugar and fiber (narouz, the answers #5), but is it filled with 100% love? No!

Something has to be done about this. I need to at least tie with the turnips or my self-esteem will be shattered.

Hmm...how to spice up my log? I could do cooking segments? Dance videos? Bribery? :D

See, I may be a year too late but I will avenge you against that turnip socialite!!!
I will quote and comment on 80% of your posts and I'm never in shortage of witty retort ;D

Peat's_Girl

Jennifer said:
Today was very busy and I was in and out of the house all day. This morning I went to pick up a Christmas gift and as I was getting off the highway, stopped in front of me at the light was a black SUV with a half eaten banana (in peal) on it's bumper. My first thought was Freelee the banana girl had been hit. This is when you know you've spent far too much time in the health scene.

;) that's adorably funny, Jen-Jen.

Peat's_Girl

Aww, Jen I'm sorry you went through these horribly unjust circumstances but I'm glad you overcame them and turned into the lovely and sympathetic girl that you are now!
Youre always cheerful and sweet, and there need to be more wonderful people like you in the world.
In fact, I'm gonna offer a project called ''Clone Jennifer!'' Maybe the UN will heed my pleas, and we can have a few Jennifers sent here to Montreal (where people are horrible, selfish and all around grumpy).

Peat's_Girl

See... Soon enough my entire log will be filled with more posts by me than you!!!!!!

MUAHAHAAHAAAHAAHA!

(I am actually a secret agent of the turnip, sent here to sabotage your rise to fame on the RP forums! >;D)

Peat's_Girl

No Im not... :/

Its actually really hard for me to type because of my water damaged keyboard but I'm doing it anyway.
Nobody else is that cool! (or pathetic...)

Peat's_Girl

Your log actually reminds me of mine on MDA. A lot of people used to frequent it but after a while (I suppose I lost my touch or something) i felt like I was writing to no-one but myself...
But it detailed stuff like me going to the store and making silly jokes and also posting songs to cheer myself up! :)

Peat's_Girl

Jennifer said:
And oddly enough, the heartburn hasn't made an appearance since cutting out the dairy.

Okay, I lied. I'm a recovering neat freak and have dusted her off faithfully every week. Please don't tell my sponsor. :pray

Actually experiencing this lately... But I dont think it\s the milk for me because I've been drinking it for a few months without heartburn. Maybe its a sudden change in diet or taking in more food in liquid form or more fiber from fruits? I'll have to figure it out for myself.

Wow... We're like twins here... I OCDingly clean things too every week... Like my bf doesn't understand why I need to clean the fridge, oven and kitchen tiles... he's like "just like sweep the floors once a month"
and Im like
ONCE A MONTH?!!?!?!

Peat's_Girl

Jennifer said:
So an interesting thing happened over the past week.

After I dropped dairy from my diet, I found myself craving lemonade so I've been drinking strawberry and watermelon lemonade like crazy this past week. I really hadn't thought anything of it, but my poo is finally brown after six years of being practically every color, but blue and brown. Don't judge! You know you look at yours too! ;)

Pink anuses and brown poops! You Peatsters are such a candid bunch!

Nah, it's cool though. Just imagine how awkward it would be if we knew each other in real life...
We'd quickly run out of conversation topics before turning to,
"So your starfish area still bright pink?''

Peat's_Girl

Jennifer said:
I'd probably be bald right now and signing up for Danny Roddy's Hair Like A Fox program.

I found the guy's book online randomly. The weirdest thing I ever read. It was completely irrelevant to my situation, but it was so interesting to read.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Peat's_Girl said:
Jennifer said:
I'd probably be bald right now and signing up for Danny Roddy's Hair Like A Fox program.

I found the guy's book online randomly. The weirdest thing I ever read. It was completely irrelevant to my situation, but it was so interesting to read.
Oh but it's really probably not irrelevant to your situation Peat's_Girl. The same type of things he recommends for helping hair loss also helps repair metabolism.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
^ :1

Peat's_Girl

That's what I thought at the time at least... It was before I considered Peating. It was utterly random finding it... I just thought he was hilarious...

"I couldn't get an erection but I didn't care cause I was ******* balding!!!!!!!!!!"

--well, not a quote but my own summary ;D

sunmountain

Here's to helping you get more views, Jennifer...let's talk about what a healthy libido feels like, ok? You wrote that you don't know what it feels like.

For me. It feels like something going on down there. Something nice. This feeling comes pretty regularly, though certainly not on schedule! Sometimes it comes many days in a row; sometimes less frequently. Sometimes it's urgent, and sometimes just a thought. Sometimes I'm minding my business and see or hear something that sets it off. It's a dependable part of me.

Now what you choose to do about it is secondary in the sense I'm talking about. There doesn't always have to be a guy in your life to feel it, though that can obviously help it along. Just being aware of it and enjoying it for what it is -- a good feeling. Energy that makes you feel a certain way.

And for many months now, I DON'T HAVE IT!!!!! Aaaaaack!!! I'm dead as a sack of potatoes....dead as a doornail....aaaack!!! My daughter is leaving for college, I wanna date, and I'm DEAD DOWN THEEEEERE.... :(

Ok, that's my take on libido.

Anyone else? We're helping Jennifer beat the turnip...

narouz

sunmountain said:
Here's to helping you get more views, Jennifer...let's talk about what a healthy libido feels like, ok? You wrote that you don't know what it feels like.

For me. It feels like something going on down there. Something nice. This feeling comes pretty regularly, though certainly not on schedule! Sometimes it comes many days in a row; sometimes less frequently. Sometimes it's urgent, and sometimes just a thought. Sometimes I'm minding my business and see or hear something that sets it off. It's a dependable part of me.

Now what you choose to do about it is secondary in the sense I'm talking about. There doesn't always have to be a guy in your life to feel it, though that can obviously help it along. Just being aware of it and enjoying it for what it is -- a good feeling. Energy that makes you feel a certain way.

And for many months now, I DON'T HAVE IT!!!!! Aaaaaack!!! I'm dead as a sack of potatoes....dead as a doornail....aaaack!!! My daughter is leaving for college, I wanna date, and I'm DEAD DOWN THEEEEERE.... :(

Ok, that's my take on libido.

Anyone else? We're helping Jennifer beat the turnip...

You gurls are crazy.
Turnips RULE!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You might want to start thinking of ways to spice up the turnip thread narouz. :eek:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
narouz said:
Blossom said:
You might want to start thinking of ways to spice up the turnip thread narouz. :eek:

You mean...
...they don't rule...? :cry:
I'm afraid it looks like they don't but maybe you could turn that around? :lol: