My RESULTS-IN-6-MONTHS Plan

natedawggh

I have finally gotten a major hold on my health, and I'd like to share my current experience for those who are still struggling to bring their health under control. It has been such a great relief to be done with this painful/frustrating point in my life. Much of this has happened just over the last two/three months as I refined my regimen and made new discoveries. I figure that one can achieve complete remission of symptoms in just six months if these principals are adopted daily, as my health had not improved much until six months ago after I changed a few important things. Here are my symptoms that are totally relieved:

Mild and Severe Insomnia
Enlarged Thyroid/Thyroid tumors (3, each of different size, 1 larger than 1cm)
Fatty Liver Disease
Excema
Hair Loss
Low Body Temperature/Cold + stiff extremities
Excessive weight gain
Irritability
Severe Depression
Severe Bloating
Poor digestion
Debilitating Lower back/Kidney pain
Erectile Dysfunction
Low Stamina/Endurance
Severe Occular Pressure in my right eye/chronic bloodshot/bleeding of ducts.
Night Sweats/Excessive Sweating (hyperhidrosis)

My Tumors are gone, thyroid shrunken back to normal, fatty liver cured, Triglycerides lowered, I've lost 35 lbs gone from a 42 waist to a 38, had a huge increase in muscle mass without working out. My receding hairline has come back in almost to where it was 4 years ago, completely filled back in at the top of my head. If I have any kind of insomnia it only happens once a week and might keep me up until 2 am at the latest (as opposed to 8 am), but usually I am asleep before 12 and sleep through the entire night instead of waking repeatedly. My depression is totally gone, bloating ceased, I haven't had back pain in months, I generally have no problem being aroused (unless I've done something strenuous), and I no longer sweat profusely and for no god damn good reason!

This is the order of importance of what has enabled me to accomplish this, although I would say that NOT A SINGLE ONE is optional. If I couldn't afford these things, I'd start with the most important and work in the rest. It should be obvious that in addition to these a diet be Peat-centric.

THE SIX-MONTH HEAL EVERYTHING PROTOCOL

1.) Absolutely no alcohol. Ever. Not a drop. This is not optional, so don't bother with the rest if you're not going to do it. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6152&hilit=alcohol
2.) High Protein intake from low tryptophan sources (I use casein to make this easier. NOT milk.). Minimum 100 g a day but generally 150-200 g.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6217&hilit=alcohol
3.) Magnesium Bicarbonate (other forms are not the same)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7330
4.) Hourly fruit/fruit juice intake/snacking to stabilize blood sugar & Coffee daily.
5.)Zinc/Copper/Iodine supplementation
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7305
6.) Take Calcium with every meal which is low in calcium, to tip phosphorus/calcium ratio toward calcium to eliminate prolactin. Calcium carbonate only. Supplement additional calcium. 2g daily minimum. (warning: do not supplement large dose at the start. You will get hypercalcaemia. Work up your doses of all mineral supplements.
7.) If Zinc/Iodine supplementation does not produce pink/red toes and fingers you must add in thyroid. If you take Zinc and Iodine and your fingers and toes turn red/pink (with recent meal eaten) You don't need to take thyroid, but it can be optional for a short period of time to get a boost, if you like. Take Zinc/Iodine as needed to maintain red/pink color in extremities, but no more than needed.
8.) L-Lysine supplementation to block serotonin (500 mg in the AM, 500 in the PM). Please read about this because it can be uncomfortable if you're not knowledgeable, and can make driving dangerous until you know how it will affect you:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6004
9.) L-Taurine supplementation to increase dopamine (which also increases other healthy hormones) (500 mg in the AM, 500 in the PM)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6522
10.) Avoid municipal tap water because of the halides it contains.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7115&hilit=filter
11.) Take Niacinamide, 1500 mg in the morning, 1500 mg in the evening.
12.) Supplement the fat-soluble vitamins from good sources or take liver daily (or take individually) such as Estroban https://squareup.com/market/idealabs-llc/estroban, (liver is cheaper and probably better for you but Haidut's supplement is great. Take coffee with liver to bind the iron content).
13.) Add Coconut oil to your diet in any way possible.
14.) Don't engage in strenuous physical activity, but doing active things like being in the sun, walking, socializing are definitely requirements.

I used to be dismayed when I read in this forum that it takes 4 years to deplete the body of PUFAs. But I realized something recently: If you deplete 50% of the PUFAs in your body, you are 50% on your way to being better, and that would only take 1 year! (because the depletion is not linear, but exponential—even small increases in metabolism enable your body to start detoxifying the PUFAs) In addition to this you can block the effects of the PUFAs in your system with tools like Lysine and Zinc. If I had started right away with this kind of protocol I would have started feeling better in just a few weeks, amazing by 2-3 months, and totally cured of symptoms six, while still having to maintain a Peat centric diet and probably continue supplementing Lysine until every last PUFA is gone.

alebaba

Re: THE SIX-MONTH-HEAL-EVERYTHING PROTOCOL

Im pretty much doing peat for my receding hairline. I am very interested on what you did to recover your hairline. What norwood was your hairline and how long did it took you to regain your full hairline back.

"11.) Take Niacinamide, 1500 mg in the morning, 1500 mg in the evening."

Im taking 500 mg before bed, 1500 seems way too much If you ask me.

Anyways, I've been doing everything in your protocol except for the aclohhol part for about 6 months now, and my hair loss is at a dead stop, I don't shed anymore, now I'm just waiting for regrowth.

Your results are inspiring.I really admire your dedicated no BS approach. Personally I think the no alcohol ever part was the right approach for you in your situation but might not be so important to others for whom drinking might not have become very regular or a problem?

I like the idea of casein protein but doesn't that work out very expensive? That was a great link you posted in your other thread about making your own Magnesium Bicarbonate, thank you for that, bottle of carbonated water chilling in the fridge right now.

RPDiciple

awesome natedawg. This may be hard to answer since you did so much new right away. But in regards to your protein intake. What did you notice from that? when you kept it really high? what is your stats ? weight, bodyfat ? activity level?

Tumours, enlarged thyroid gland, fatty liver, 42inch waist -- sounds like you dropped and eliminated whatever crap/fastfood you were eating and that's largely the cause of you going from extremely unhealthy to very unhealthy.

That's not to minimize your accomplishment -- congrats -- but to put things in perspective.

Zachs

I'll tell you right now that what worked for you will absolutely not work for everyone. Also I'm surprised, no glycine?

Congrats on all those reversals! Just be careful about giving out blanket statement advice for "cures".

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Zachs said:
Congrats on all those reversals!

Indeed. Most excellent!

Zachs said:
Just be careful about giving out blanket statement advice for "cures".

I agree.

Ray Peat Forum Rules said:
We Do Not Permit:

-Claims of miraculous or certain results for everybody by any particular proposed set of actions.

rules#miracle-claims

:hattip

How often do people shower in Los Angeles? And with soap? :shock:

Makrosky

Maybe change the "THE" in the title for "MY" ?

I like so much about this board that is not a crazy place full of a myriad of miraculous cures like curezone.

It's a good post nevertheless! Thanks to the OP! I'm glad things are spiraling up for you!!

Peata

Congrats, Nate. You've contributed a lot of helpful info to the forum. Thanks for sharing your success. I know what it feels like to finally climb up from poor health issues, and I seem to have been on a similar timeline as you in recovery. Though now that I've tried so many things over the last couple years, I see that I did not need a ton of things in my healing protocol after all. Though it certainly can't be done with just food either (in my case, at least). I haven't needed all that you have listed, but of course we are all different, as some thing in my protocol you haven't needed. Anyway, Wishing you continued healing to reach your goals.

nightshade

Can you give a complete summary of what you typically eat during the day?

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

alebaba said:
Im pretty much doing peat for my receding hairline. I am very interested on what you did to recover your hairline. What norwood was your hairline and how long did it took you to regain your full hairline back.

"11.) Take Niacinamide, 1500 mg in the morning, 1500 mg in the evening."

Im taking 500 mg before bed, 1500 seems way too much If you ask me.

Anyways, I've been doing everything in your protocol except for the aclohhol part for about 6 months now, and my hair loss is at a dead stop, I don't shed anymore, now I'm just waiting for regrowth.

I found 1500 mg to be the threshold for me. 2000 mg gives me a headache but 500 mg doesn't help me sleep (niacinamide helps me sleep). There's not really any negative side effects from high doses of niacin amide and it directly stimulates the metabolism.

My hair started growing back in as soon as I started taking Lysine and supplementing extra calcium carbonate (from grinding eggshells). I think this is because Lysine depresses serotonin and extra calcium depresses prolatctin, the two things that are responsible for hair loss because they choke off blood flow and nutrients to the scalp. I started taking calcium at too high a dose in the beginning (2000 mg) and I got hypercalcaemia. It was very uncomfortable. This is because having high prolactin spares calcium, and taking a high dose makes it way too high in your body. Start with low doses and work your way up as the prolactin goes down. You have to be consistent in your supplementation. (I take about 3000-4000 mg a day now BUT DO NOT start at that dose or you will end up in the hospital).

One day after about 2 weeks of taking lysine there were lots of thin, young hairs across a patch of about 1/2 inch down from my current hairline. It all thickened in just a month and I have more hairs coming in even farther down, about 3/4 an inch from where it was farthest back. It has been I think 3 or 4 months since I started taking lysine, and I look about 5 years younger because of the hair regrowth, not to mention my general skin quality has improved greatly.

natedawggh said:
9.) L-Taurine supplementation to increase dopamine (which also increases other healthy hormones) (500 mg in the AM, 500 in the PM)

Peat does not recommend the use of individual amino acids:

"When synthetic amino acids are used to supplement natural proteins, they are usually chosen according to irrelevant models of the “ideal protein's” composition, and many toxic contaminants are invariably present in the synthetic free amino acids.

For the present, the important thing is to avoid the use of the least appropriate food products, while choosing natural foods that have historical, epidemiological, and biochemical justification."

http://raypeat.com/articles/aging/trypt ... ging.shtml

Peata

I think Taurine lowers serotonin too, doesn't it? Since it raises Dopamine.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

Dr.Winston O'Boogie said:
Your results are inspiring.I really admire your dedicated no BS approach. Personally I think the no alcohol ever part was the right approach for you in your situation but might not be so important to others for whom drinking might not have become very regular or a problem?

I have to disagree O'Boogie. It's wishful thinking, the idea that alcohol might have a different effect in different people. cChemistry is universally consistent and alcohol in every context of cellular metabolism is destructive and estrogenic. A healthy person's body MAY be able to deal with the stress of alcohol more efficiently than an unhealthy person. But this forum is generally for people who are experiencing unhealth, and if this is the case and you are having health problems, you will never see consistent improvement until you excise alcohol from your life.

Dr.Winston O'Boogie said:
I like the idea of casein protein but doesn't that work out very expensive? That was a great link you posted in your other thread about making your own Magnesium Bicarbonate, thank you for that, bottle of carbonated water chilling in the fridge right now.

Yes it is! I buy Now brand casein and it's about $30 a tub online, but I justify it this way: That's equal to 1.5 meals at a restaurant, but a tub lasts me a week, and the improvement that it has on my health is priceless and also much less expensive than prescriptions and doctor visits, and also I often use it as a meal replacement, having a casein/gelatin shake for breakfast with fruit and coffee instead of having to cook every meal. Price per oz of protein it's much cheaper than meat or eggs even.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

Westside PUFAs said:
natedawggh said:

Peat does not recommend the use of individual amino acids:

"When synthetic amino acids are used to supplement natural proteins, they are usually chosen according to irrelevant models of the “ideal protein's” composition, and many toxic contaminants are invariably present in the synthetic free amino acids.

For the present, the important thing is to avoid the use of the least appropriate food products, while choosing natural foods that have historical, epidemiological, and biochemical justification."

http://raypeat.com/articles/aging/trypt ... ging.shtml

In this quote he was referring to the use of Tryptophan. He is often quoted as recommending Taurine, which is where I got the information to use it in the first place. I agree that natural foods are best but none are high enough in Taurine to use it pharmacologically, which is the point of this use.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

RPDiciple said:
awesome natedawg. This may be hard to answer since you did so much new right away. But in regards to your protein intake. What did you notice from that? when you kept it really high? what is your stats ? weight, bodyfat ? activity level?

Specifically all my body aches and pains went away. And I'm not talking about just being sore from a long day or anything like that. There were specific points in my body (my left kidney area, my center-left ribs, and my groin) which had chronic and unceasing pain. There was a period of 3 days when I ran out of casein and all the pains came back in the exact same spots. They went away again within 3 days of having my casein and have never returned since (going on a few months now). I'm 6 foot 7 and weigh 260 (down from 295). I don't know my body fat but like I said before I went from a 48 wasist to a 38. I have a desk job and have only been to the gym six times in six months, but I go for a walk on the weekends and engage in sex regularly. :)

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

cantstoppeating said:
Tumours, enlarged thyroid gland, fatty liver, 42inch waist -- sounds like you dropped and eliminated whatever crap/fastfood you were eating and that's largely the cause of you going from extremely unhealthy to very unhealthy.

That's not to minimize your accomplishment -- congrats -- but to put things in perspective.

I haven't had fast food in 3 years.

tara

Congratulations. :)

natedawggh said:
I found 1500 mg to be the threshold for me. 2000 mg gives me a headache but 500 mg doesn't help me sleep (niacinamide helps me sleep). There's not really any negative side effects from high doses of niacin amide and it directly stimulates the metabolism.

Some people do get severe headaches from high doses of niacinamide - possibly to do with blood sugar crashes. Even drinking juice all day, if liver glycogen storage is not yet good, you can get crashes in the night. I'd recommend increasing this one gradually, and backing down a little if you get this symptom. There is some discussion on another thread about whether high doses slow down lipolysis too much. Peat recommends 50-100mg doses. Otherwise, no reason that I'm aware of to not take 1500mg doses if they don't cause you obvious suffering, and apparently they have done natedawggh and some others good.