A similar alternative to Coca-Cola?

Bruv

I started drinking Coca-Cola again in the Summer (I had not had it in many years) and found it almost like a miracle drink when doing hard physical work outside in the sun. I noticed that I was getting some smelly flatulence shortly after drinking it though so I gave it up. I doubt that I will be able to drink it again but just wondered what is in it that would cause this problem and also wondered if there is another drink with similar benefits but without the flatulence causing ingredient?

4peatssake

What a bummer :lol:

Seriously though, I don't know what else to suggest unless perhaps sourcing another brand of pure sugar cola.
I do find I burp from the carbonation, especially if I drink too quickly, but I've never had smelly gas emissions from the back end due to Mexican Coke. :shock:

BingDing

The big plus about Mexicoke is they don't fluoridate the water there. One negative is the phosphoric acid, which can be a fair amount of phosphorus.

I've been using the concentrate from cube cola. They use citric acid and also gum arabic as an emulsifier, so it isn't very Peaty.

But they publish the recipe, you can make it yourself with any emulsifier and acid you choose. It's also a kind of a fun site to read about the history of Coke, etc.

marcar72

Join the Pepsi Generation! The Mexican Pepsi Generation, that is. Tastes better than Coke too... :2cents

OP
B

Bruv

I probably should have mentioned that I am in Europe. The Coca-Cola here contains sugar. I'll have to see if I can find any Pepsi and give it a try.

btw. I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum so would somebody be kind enough to move it to the Ask for Help forum?

4peatssake

Bruv said:
btw. I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum so would somebody be kind enough to move it to the Ask for Help forum?
Done. :mrgreen: