I think coffee is hurting me

My pulse and general feeling without coffee is bad.. I have no energy and feel like no libido. When I drink coffee tho.. it turns my system on.. deepens my voice.. gives my stool a brown color. However I feel this is actually hitting my reserve tanks and not actually helping but making me run on adrenaline or increqsing cortisol or something.. I noticed my skin drys out a lot and I feel very euphoric almost like im too high on life and dont care about many things. I notice I may have wrinkles more prominent nder my eyes with dry skin

Whats a good way to know what is happeneing.. any specific blood tests will give a more cleae picture? Im dealing with post fin symptoms

pboy

I think coffee ia hurting me

so that's how pretty boy always wins, hes just drinkin a ton of coffee pre fights

na really though man, I kinda had the inkling that coffee was not ideal a couple years back and since have stopped drinking it. Yes you can balance it out perfectly to mitigate its side effects, and it has its use as a necessary stimulant if you happen to need it, but it does kind of keep you in a topsy turvy ride, and ive posted in other topics before about how I think stimulants in general keep you in a less receptive, more ego based mindset which ultimately is unhealthy as that plays out in your life. And you might feel power and drive and stuff, but not as much actual tender joy, like its hard to feel that when you're having high catecholamines no matter what it is. Adrenaline rushes and dopamine rushes especially can be a good feeling just to feel like you are capable in your body and to get blood flow going throughout, and for sure if you are under stress they are the key to prevent damage or negativite thoughts, but its better to just be more stable in the long run...so even if you still use coffee...try to start taking steps towards constructing your life, living situation, ect, to where you can taper off and still be ok without it

jaa

I have a different experience with coffee than pboy. It makes me feel calm, relaxed, and focused. I have experienced the side of coffee mayweatherking seems to be experiencing, and I agree that is unpleasant. That happened when I was eating a Perfect Health Diet and exercising a lot, drinking a little more, and sleeping a little less.

OP
mayweatherking

I would rather feel like how i feel on coffee it makes me feel like my t is in over drive like a rwal man.. im more concerned about developing wrinkles pre maturely or having very dry skin.

Do u still have libido with no cofee

jaa

Yeah my libido and skin are fine.

Mittir

Are you drinking coffee with meals? Coffee can increase cortisol and adrenaline if you
are not getting enough nutrients ( Especially carb and B vitamins)
to support increased metabolism resulting from coffee.
I add 2 TBS of sugar and 3-5 grams of instant coffee to 1 cup of milk
and drink that after each meal and before bed. I do not feel any kind
of stress response from this amount of caffeine i am taking.
My diet covers almost all the RDA and more.

Inability to store glycogen can increase stress hormones.
I feel calm and relaxed with sugared milk coffee.
Are you following rest of RP's dietary guidelines like 80+ grams of protein,
carrot salad, calcium phosphorus ratio etc.

OP
mayweatherking

ive been trying different things. ive been doing 16oz of OJ with 8oz of milk and 8oz of coffee along with a piece of cheese. is that enough?

or what about 11oz of OJ with 5 or 6 oz of milk and 4 or 5 oz of coffee with cheese?

i'm getting enough nutrients as well and getting over 100 grams of protein a day.

do you have any idea how to increase the moisture on the face? my hands get very dry also, i need to increase the sweat making or something.

Mittir

mayweatherking said:
ive been trying different things. ive been doing 16oz of OJ with 8oz of milk and 8oz of coffee along with a piece of cheese. is that enough?

or what about 11oz of OJ with 5 or 6 oz of milk and 4 or 5 oz of coffee with cheese?

i'm getting enough nutrients as well and getting over 100 grams of protein a day.

do you have any idea how to increase the moisture on the face? my hands get very dry also, i need to increase the sweat making or something.

Are you drinking 16 oz OJ 8 oz milk and 8 oz coffee as a meal or that is your daily intake?
If that is your single meal then it is a lot of fluid intake. People with low thyroid function
may need to restrict fluid intake as they evaporate less liquid through skin and lungs
than a healthy person. You can try cafe con leche as RP does to reduce some fluid intake.
He makes concentrated coffee and adds milk to that. It would be a good idea to reduce
total fluid intake until your metabolism is increased. Extra salt helps with managing
fluid intake.

Dry skin is one of the symptom of hypothyroidism. I saw immediate improvement
in dry skin when i started thyroid supplements. Vitamin A helps with steroid hormone
production and improved skin. Eating 4-6 oz of liver weekly gives adequate vitamin A.
Excess vitamin A can block thyroid function.

tara

I love the way I feel when I drink a little coffee, but the down-sides for me don't currently seem worth it. You could try reducing the amount.

Wouldn't surprise me if you are hitting reserve tanks, as you say, and running on more stress hormones. I don't know that there is a way to completely avoid wrinkling, but I think exceptionally fast wrinkling may indicate faster overall aging. There can be many contributors.

If you want more ideas, maybe post more about what you are doing? eg what and how much are you eating, and maybe approx age?

I think my wrinkles slowed down a bit when I added in more sugar and other nutrients.
Grease on the skin can help protect it from drying. Coconut oil is too drying on its own for some of us. Tallow-based moisturisers or cocoa butter seem to work well for some. For the last few months I've been using a mixture of coconut oil, cocoa butter and a little beeswax and vit E, which I think helps. Recommend avoiding PUFA oils on skin as well as internally, and going easy on soaps.

OP
mayweatherking

Mittir said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96082/
mayweatherking said:

Are you drinking 16 oz OJ 8 oz milk and 8 oz coffee as a meal or that is your daily intake?
If that is your single meal then it is a lot of fluid intake. People with low thyroid function
may need to restrict fluid intake as they evaporate less liquid through skin and lungs
than a healthy person. You can try cafe con leche as RP does to reduce some fluid intake.
He makes concentrated coffee and adds milk to that. It would be a good idea to reduce
total fluid intake until your metabolism is increased. Extra salt helps with managing
fluid intake.

Dry skin is one of the symptom of hypothyroidism. I saw immediate improvement
in dry skin when i started thyroid supplements. Vitamin A helps with steroid hormone
production and improved skin. Eating 4-6 oz of liver weekly gives adequate vitamin A.
Excess vitamin A can block thyroid function.

Less fluid intake than that? that is crazy. that is not really even that much tbh. where did you see it's important to slow down fluid intake? yes that is a single meal. i thought you were going to say it wasn't big enough. i'll do that a couple of times a day. yes, i'm doing liver 1x a week in about that amount along with oysters 1x a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
mayweatherking

tara said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96083/ I love the way I feel when I drink a little coffee, but the down-sides for me don't currently seem worth it. You could try reducing the amount.

Wouldn't surprise me if you are hitting reserve tanks, as you say, and running on more stress hormones. I don't know that there is a way to completely avoid wrinkling, but I think exceptionally fast wrinkling may indicate faster overall aging. There can be many contributors.

If you want more ideas, maybe post more about what you are doing? eg what and how much are you eating, and maybe approx age?

I think my wrinkles slowed down a bit when I added in more sugar and other nutrients.
Grease on the skin can help protect it from drying. Coconut oil is too drying on its own for some of us. Tallow-based moisturisers or cocoa butter seem to work well for some. For the last few months I've been using a mixture of coconut oil, cocoa butter and a little beeswax and vit E, which I think helps. Recommend avoiding PUFA oils on skin as well as internally, and going easy on soaps.

wake up, 2 eggs, 16oz oj, 8-10oz milk, 6 oz coffee mixed with milk,

10-11am, small piece of cheese goat or sheep, 11oz OJ, 5-6oz of milk4-5oz coffee

repeat above maybe 1x or 2x before 5PM

come home maybe eat something else, usually carrot salad, then repeat basically same thing again unless eating oysters or liver that day, but i do it one time a week.

what fat sources cna i have that aren't butter or coconut oil? cocout oil seems to be allergic for me, makes me cough, butter has cow product, i try to stay away doesn't agree with me cows. just do goat milk.i think fat would bring my skin more moisture.

tara

Are you using refined coconut oil? Some people are allergic to the unrefined oil. Beef fat/tallow is in theory also mostly saturated (except I've found in practice that the fat round the knuckles and tail can be quite liquid at room temps, so I assume that is more unsaturated because of cold living conditions). Suet. Cocoa butter. Not necessarily very much.

I agree with MIttir that that much liquid at one time (eg ~1l) sometimes can be too much for some people. If you are drinking 3-4 l per day, that's not insignificant. Some people will be fine with that, for others it's too much. Depends on your metabolism, activity, and environment. If you are peeing clear and frequent, it's probably too much. If not, then may be OK.

If you are looking to test, one of the simplest things is to record your resting pulse and body temp at least once a day for a week or two; more frequently can give more info. Also consider temperature of hands and feet etc.

OP
mayweatherking

tara said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96100/ Are you using refined coconut oil? Some people are allergic to the unrefined oil. Beef fat/tallow is in theory also mostly saturated (except I've found in practice that the fat round the knuckles and tail can be quite liquid at room temps, so I assume that is more unsaturated because of cold living conditions). Suet. Cocoa butter. Not necessarily very much.

I agree with MIttir that that much liquid at one time (eg ~1l) sometimes can be too much for some people. If you are drinking 3-4 l per day, that's not insignificant. Some people will be fine with that, for others it's too much. Depends on your metabolism, activity, and environment. If you are peeing clear and frequent, it's probably too much. If not, then may be OK.

If you are looking to test, one of the simplest things is to record your resting pulse and body temp at least once a day for a week or two; more frequently can give more info. Also consider temperature of hands and feet etc.

yes it is refined. it gives me very bad brain fog as i just realized walking around the store in a weird daze after just eating coconut oil in my carrot sald.

too much liquid? i don't feel bad usually in the morning because it is with solid food, usually in the afternoon with the 11oz ones it is not as bad i thought. how much liquid do you take in then, what is the max amount? 10oz doesnt seem like a lot to me of OJ. i can drink it in like 15 seconds.

tara

How much is OK is really variable. As far I know, you just have to experiment. I don't think there is a max that is the same for everyone - it's just omne of the variables to watch for yourself, and see if you get improvements by tweaking it.
10-11 oz might be fine. It looked as though you were drinking quite a bit more than that at some meals - for me that could be trouble. But OK if spread out. For me, it varies through the day too - I can drink more in the afternoon without getting stressed, but too much in the morning can set me off.

You can check if you are peeing clear - if so, too much water.

Greta

Too much caffeine can dehydratate you, lack of hydration would give you dry skin and wrinkles that would disappear as soon as you return to normal levels.
As far as I'm concern you cannot eat refined coconut oil, it should be unrefined, the refined is mostly used to moistorize your skin or external use, not to be eaten.

tara

Greta said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96157/ Too much caffeine can dehydratate you, lack of hydration would give you dry skin and wrinkles that would disappear as soon as you return to normal levels.
As far as I'm concern you cannot eat refined coconut oil, it should be unrefined, the refined is mostly used to moistorize your skin or external use, not to be eaten.
If unrefined coconut oil works for you and you like it, that's great.

Peat makes the point that because coconut oil is so highly saturated, it is very stable, anad not much damaged by the refining process (unlike unsaturated seed oils). So for those that are allergic to the remaining proteins etc in the unrefined oil, or those who want to be able to use a more tasteless cooking fat sometimes, or for those who just need a cheaper option, it can be a good choice.

Personally, I use refined oil most of the time, but I also have a jar of unrefined for when I want the flavour. I get tired of the flavour if I use that all the time.

Greta

Well I don't trust refined coconut oil, as most are full of chemicals, some of them aren't even edible (some refined coconut oil are only made for external use) So you need to be careful, and if he feels like he has been poisoned after consuming it, I bet he got the wrong coconut oil.

tara

Greta said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96163/ Well I don't trust refined coconut oil, as most are full of chemicals, some of them aren't even edible (some refined coconut oil are only made for external use) So you need to be careful, and if he feels like he has been poisoned after consuming it, I bet he got the wrong coconut oil.
All the unrefined coconut oils are also 100% chemicals. :)
But if it's not been refined to food grade, I'd agree with you that caution would be wise. The one I get tastes good (very mild). If he reacts badly to the refined stuff he's tried, that's a good reason for avoiding it.

Greta

I meant, human made chemicals... Which are add to refine the oil.