I think coffee is hurting me

OP
mayweatherking
I think coffee ia hurting me

Greta said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96157/ Too much caffeine can dehydratate you, lack of hydration would give you dry skin and wrinkles that would disappear as soon as you return to normal levels.
As far as I'm concern you cannot eat refined coconut oil, it should be unrefined, the refined is mostly used to moistorize your skin or external use, not to be eaten.

That makes sense.n but whats the deal with peat saying dont drink water unless you are thirsty? When to drink lol

I got the vibe refined is not good for u since it is processed and unrefined is not? I was always confused why refined was bwtter.. but regardless it hurt me

Last edited by a moderator:

Greta

I guess the "only drink when you are thirsty" works well if your system is in perfect shape, and you are in close contact with your body. Also if your diet consist in so much milk and orange juice, plus fruits you won't need much water. But sometimes our systems aren't in good shape, and some people confuse the "thirst signal" with the "hunger signal", or they are so busy that they won't be able to see it.

Maybe you need a little more sodium and less coffee.

Unrefined, virgin coconut oil, usually is the best, if it's also organic, it's pure gold. :)

pboy

unrefined coconut oil is great is you wanna have instant diaareah and allergies, and who wouldn't want that!

OP
mayweatherking

I feel like im dying or aomething.. I have no energy no libido now that I took off coffee.. I feel very lazy.. no attraction to girls at all and very low motivation.. thyroid sucks so bad in the am.. it was like 95 or 96.. my whole body feels heavy.. I did one egg cheese 16 oz milk 16oZ oj in the am.. now I feelnlike ***t. . I think I might be allergic to egg I felt itchy throatwhen I ate the egg. I feel I have too many problems man it is very difficult to fix this has been goong on for more than 7 years now and im 26

Im waiting on k2 in the mail

Greta

Lol, well I eat coconut oil and I know a lot of people who does it without any trouble. I bet, if you have those symptons is due to IB issues that you haven't adressed yet.
Or maybe you haven't even tried unrefined organic coconut oil, and you are talking with no knowledge.

Greta

mayweatherking said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96183/ I feel like im dying or aomething.. I have no energy no libido now that I took off coffee.. I feel very lazy.. no attraction to girls at all and very low motivation.. thyroid sucks so bad in the am.. it was like 95 or 96.. my whole body feels heavy.. I did one egg cheese 16 oz milk 16oZ oj in the am.. now I feelnlike s***. . I think I might be allergic to egg I felt itchy throatwhen I ate the egg. I feel I have too many problems man it is very difficult to fix this has been goong on for more than 7 years now and im 26

Well, if you were really hypothyroid, and have adrenal problems, coffee can only worsen it. And it's an stimulant, and caffeine usually puts the adrenals on more stress.

OP
mayweatherking

Greta said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96185/
mayweatherking said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96183/ I feel like im dying or aomething.. I have no energy no libido now that I took off coffee.. I feel very lazy.. no attraction to girls at all and very low motivation.. thyroid sucks so bad in the am.. it was like 95 or 96.. my whole body feels heavy.. I did one egg cheese 16 oz milk 16oZ oj in the am.. now I feelnlike s***. . I think I might be allergic to egg I felt itchy throatwhen I ate the egg. I feel I have too many problems man it is very difficult to fix this has been goong on for more than 7 years now and im 26

Well, if you were really hypothyroid, and have adrenal problems, coffee can only worsen it. And it's an stimulant, and caffeine usually puts the adrenals on more stress.

Yes i have a very bad thyroid it is true

Greta

Have you been checked by your doctor? Are you on any thyroid meds?

Greta

I meant, if he has any lab tests, he's young, he's a male... Other illness might be more common than hypothyroidism and have similar symptons.

Peata

mayweatherking said:
tara said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96083/ I love the way I feel when I drink a little coffee, but the down-sides for me don't currently seem worth it. You could try reducing the amount.

Wouldn't surprise me if you are hitting reserve tanks, as you say, and running on more stress hormones. I don't know that there is a way to completely avoid wrinkling, but I think exceptionally fast wrinkling may indicate faster overall aging. There can be many contributors.

If you want more ideas, maybe post more about what you are doing? eg what and how much are you eating, and maybe approx age?

I think my wrinkles slowed down a bit when I added in more sugar and other nutrients.
Grease on the skin can help protect it from drying. Coconut oil is too drying on its own for some of us. Tallow-based moisturisers or cocoa butter seem to work well for some. For the last few months I've been using a mixture of coconut oil, cocoa butter and a little beeswax and vit E, which I think helps. Recommend avoiding PUFA oils on skin as well as internally, and going easy on soaps.

wake up, 2 eggs, 16oz oj, 8-10oz milk, 6 oz coffee mixed with milk,

10-11am, small piece of cheese goat or sheep, 11oz OJ, 5-6oz of milk4-5oz coffee

repeat above maybe 1x or 2x before 5PM

come home maybe eat something else, usually carrot salad, then repeat basically same thing again unless eating oysters or liver that day, but i do it one time a week.

what fat sources cna i have that aren't butter or coconut oil? cocout oil seems to be allergic for me, makes me cough, butter has cow product, i try to stay away doesn't agree with me cows. just do goat milk.i think fat would bring my skin more moisture.

IMO it does seem like a lot of liquid and not enough solid food. If your thyroid was good it wouldn't be problem, but I think if you're hypo, it's too much liquid. If it were me, I would have less liquid, more food and carbs, and I'd eat every one to three hours even if I didn't feel hungry. I would also salt everything to taste. I use to salt my string cheese, fruit, etc. Sometimes I still do.

OP
mayweatherking

Greta said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96195/ I meant, if he has any lab tests, he's young, he's a male... Other illness might be more common than hypothyroidism and have similar symptons.

I took finasteride and it completely wrecked my system at age 19.. no one knows how to fix it or what the problem is.

I have blood tests I just got.. ill post them they should be in the mailbox today or tomorrow

OP
mayweatherking

Peata said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96197/
mayweatherking said:
tara said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96083/ I love the way I feel when I drink a little coffee, but the down-sides for me don't currently seem worth it. You could try reducing the amount.

Wouldn't surprise me if you are hitting reserve tanks, as you say, and running on more stress hormones. I don't know that there is a way to completely avoid wrinkling, but I think exceptionally fast wrinkling may indicate faster overall aging. There can be many contributors.

If you want more ideas, maybe post more about what you are doing? eg what and how much are you eating, and maybe approx age?

I think my wrinkles slowed down a bit when I added in more sugar and other nutrients.
Grease on the skin can help protect it from drying. Coconut oil is too drying on its own for some of us. Tallow-based moisturisers or cocoa butter seem to work well for some. For the last few months I've been using a mixture of coconut oil, cocoa butter and a little beeswax and vit E, which I think helps. Recommend avoiding PUFA oils on skin as well as internally, and going easy on soaps.

10-11am, small piece of cheese goat or sheep, 11oz OJ, 5-6oz of milk4-5oz coffee

come home maybe eat something else, usually carrot salad, then repeat basically same thing again unless eating oysters or liver that day, but i do it one time a week.

what fat sources cna i have that aren't butter or coconut oil? cocout oil seems to be allergic for me, makes me cough, butter has cow product, i try to stay away doesn't agree with me cows. just do goat milk.i think fat would bring my skin more moisture.

IMO it does seem like a lot of liquid and not enough solid food. If your thyroid was good it wouldn't be problem, but I think if you're hypo, it's too much liquid. If it were me, I would have less liquid, more food and carbs, and I'd eat every one to three hours even if I didn't feel hungry. I would also salt everything to taste. I use to salt my string cheese, fruit, etc. Sometimes I still do.
Hi I do feel better woth more oj.. but I feel I might be giving myaelf diabetea if I drink too much oj.. peat says 2 qts milk 1 qt of oj.. j probablu feel better on 2 to 1 o err 1.5 to 1 oj to milk.

What to eat then? Cheese? I have a lot of cheeaek buy from whole foods it is just expensive for it.

OP
mayweatherking

I feel my estrogen is very high.. I feel very emotional now with no energy

OP
mayweatherking

I feel like I want to curl inyo a ball and sleep and not do anything for like a week ??

Peata

Well, we all have different tolerances with some avoiding starch and wheat, so on. So I can't tell you what to eat, but I can tell you the kinds of things I eat that seem to work for me.

First though, I want to say I made a mistake during my first so many months of "Peating" by using too many liquids. I thought I had to get down the milk and OJ like it was a requirement, instead of adapting the Peat foods to what already worked for me. So when I drank too many liquids I ended up bloated, had digestive problems, felt awful. I kept at it because I thought my body was supposed to adapt. I guess I'm just saying if you don't have real issues with certain foods, think about making your peaty diet work around those, rather scrapping everything for mostly milk and OJ.

Examples of what I eat (not all would be considered Peat-approved):

English muffin (the best ingredient ones I can find) with a scrambled egg, cheese slice.
Eggs, skinned potatoes fried in coconut oil.
English muffin with kerrygold butter, sprinkle of Ceylon cinnamon, sprinkles of sugar.
Casein protein shake made with half milk, half water and sugar.
Chocolate pudding.
Fruit of all kinds.
Laughing Cow Babybel Cheese.
String cheese.
Salad with any veggies I want, plus 1/2 c. cottage cheese, vinegar & herb dressing, salt, sometimes meat like turkey, shrimp...
Sandwich.
Potato chips fried in coconut oil.
Carrot plain or as part of the carrot salad.
Stir fry.
Homemade pizza.
"Meat & Potatoes" meals.
Taco salad (meat, rice, cheese, etc.)
Chocolate chips and raisins.
Hamburgers.
Coffee w cream, sugar.
Ginger ale.

Really, the list could go on. Also I'm not having all this in one day, of course. I'm watching calories because I have a lot of weight to lose.

Also I had to eat every one - two hours whether I felt hungry or not before my metabolism seemed to catch on. Now I can go longer if needed. I salted most everything.

Breakfast is important too.

I tend to think about balancing protein and carbs. Like, a protein shake with added sugar. Fruit and cheese. Etc.

I stopped going overboard on the liquids. I go by my thirst when it comes to pure water. If I'm sweating and thirsty, nothing quenches it like water. I wouldn't deny myself water if I was thirsty. I'm just saying I really used to fill myself like a tank on all these liquidy foods - oj, milk, coffee, yogurts, etc. And it didn't do me any good at that time.

Despite that list above, I do certain things to make it Peatier:

*I watch for calcium;phosph. ratio, meaning I supplement some calcium, and I do this "by the meal", rather than just looking at the grand total ratio for the day.

*I take glycine with meats, food that upset the amino acid ratio.

*Coffee or tea within an hour of meat/iron foods to reduce iron.

This is just what's working for me.

aguilaroja

mayweatherking said:

It is good to hear that coffee is helpful, even with some drawbacks. It might be good to generally view your metabolism, for instance, by looking at a list of low thyroid symptoms and seeing which match. Your report seems to suggest low energy, low mood and low drive without coffee. Possibly a symptom inventory can give better clues about additional supports.

Unless I am misunderstanding, your food intake has protein sources mainly of milk, eggs, and a bit of cheese (also weekly liver/oysters), likely 60 grams per day or less. Unless you are very petite and very sedentary, that is low.

As Mittir notes, consuming coffee with ample nutrients is important. Abundant nutrients when boosting metabolism is important generally. The reported diet is monotonous. It might helpful to expand the selection and volume, with, for instance, other protein sources and fruit.

In terms of labs, thyroid tests would be useful to know, if not done recently.

tara

mayweatherking said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96206/ I feel like I want to curl inyo a ball and sleep and not do anything for like a week ??

Have you been getting enough rest? Could be you need to catch up on sleep?
Your low temps indicate hypothyroid function. Coffee seems to be helpful for some people with low metabolism (but not all). It stimulates conversion of T4 to active T3 which stimulates energy production for a while. It seems this can often be helpful if all the necessary fuel, protein and micronutrients are available. Otherwise it's more likely to cause stress.
How many calories are you eating each day? Bear in mind that it's normal for men your age to eat about 3000 cals. (Not directly from Peat, though he has said things consistent with this.)

Peata said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96197/
Yes to trying eating more frequently, and more solids (or more calorie dense drinks) and salt.

tara

Greta said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96195/ I meant, if he has any lab tests, he's young, he's a male... Other illness might be more common than hypothyroidism and have similar symptons.
Many things get commonly diagnosed as something other than hypothyroidism because many doctors don't seem well informed about hypothyroidism, and consider hypothyroid to be normal. Have you read Peat's articles about thyroid?
Eg.
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/thyroid.shtml
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/th ... ties.shtml
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/hy ... dism.shtml
OP's low body temps are a pretty good indicator, resting pulse rate can also be helpful, thyroid lab tests would give more evidence.

tara

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals