Cheesecake

Peatri Dish

Are you finding ricotta with no gums in it? I've been looking for store bought organic ricotta or cottage cheese but it all seems to have carrageenan, guar or xanthum gum. I know that in the US they have to list it if it's organic.

Raypmom

tara said:
Baked lemon cheeese cake

I just baked a cheesecake, and it tastes really good!
I'm afraid I can't give precise measurents, but roughly:
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp salt
3 tsp oyster shell powder (optional)
1 drop/smidgen vanilla paste
Cottage cheese from 3+ litres milk (1 litre whole and 2+ skim - may use whole next time)
20 g butter (I'd leave this out if I used whole milk)
1 tbsp tapioca starch (optional - could use rice flour or probably omit altogether if avoiding starch)
20ml milk (optional - I just used it to mix the tapioca cos I forgot to put it in with the sugar in the beginning)

Mix. Pour in greased dish. Bake 200 deg C not sure about time maybe 40 min.

You could probably vary the quantities of any of these ingredients and still have it taste good, to make it more or less sweet, fatty, etc.

I made it, such a wonderful recipe! I included a photo just incase somebody might want to see what it looks like. Just took it out of the oven, it's fluffy. I'm more of a brownie girl, but my husband will love it in his lunch bag.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 764

Peatri Dish

Yes. I guess I'll have to buy non-organic because all the organic ones available in my area have carrageenan.

lindsay

This is very similar to a cheese pie I made for awhile - until I go tired of it. You can find the recipe here:

http://peatarian.com/40515/peatarian-co ... 139#a49139

Or I can just paste what I wrote here:

"Here is the Recipe for a modified Russian cheese pie (they call it Zapekanka). You will need a pie plate for baking, or circular pan. You can double the recipe if you want and make in a large pan, but I'm not sure how long it lasts. I usually get 4 servings out of one pie.

-1 cup of full fat Ricotta cheese (you can use a little more or less if you want)
-2 eggs
-1/3 a cup of sugar (more is fine, although usually it is served with fruit preserves, honey or maple syrup is good too)
-Sour cream (just a couple large spoonfuls)
-1 or 2 tsp. of vanilla (depends on how much you like vanilla)
-2 tbsp. of flour (I use rice flour, but you can use whatever you tolerate)
-1/4 tsp. of baking powder (not necessary, but helps rise!)

Butter or Coconut oil to grease the pan or pie dish - don't put in recipe!

Note: I've made it without the flour and it's not such a great consistency. Would definitely use some kind of flour. White rice four works great if you are off gluten.

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease baking vessel and set aside. In a bowl, mix eggs with sugar. Add in all the other ingredients one at a time and mix together well. I use a hand mixer, but a good vigorous hand mixing will work fine I'm sure. When all ingredients are mixed, pour into the baking vessel and bake for about 25 or 30 minutes, or until a fork comes out clean when poking it. Serve with extra sour cream and honey or other sweet topping, or just eat as it is. It's quite tasty and filling! Enjoy!"

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals