Fried Plantains and Pineapples!

Zachs

Ray Peat would totally approve. :D

Pick out some over ripe plantains, yellow and black in color and a nice ripe pineapple. Cut them into 3 inch by 1/2 inch thick strips and throw them into a plastic 1lb zip lock or a big bowl. Pour in a good amount of coconut oil, non refined for b3st flavor. Add your favorite spices, I just use salt, cayenne pepper, tume4ic and honey. Mix well. Get a non stick pan real nice and hot and dump them in. Let sizzle till brown than flip and repeat.

That's it! Delicious as all heck. My gf makes a good sauce to pour over of lime juice, orange juice, olive oil and garlic. Lime or orange juice alone also is good.

narouz

It is tempting.
Supposably they are dripping with serotonin though... :roll:

barbwirehouse

narouz said:
It is tempting.
Supposably they are dripping with serotonin though... :roll:

Peat eats plantains so they can't be that bad. I wonder if the serotonin in pineapples can be destroyed by cooking.

OP
Zachs

Zachs

Lol, I think people over think fruits. Really unless you get a severe reaction to something, the tiny amount of whatever, estrogen, serotonin, pectin, etc, is greatly overshadowed by the minerals, vitamins, fructose and enzymes.

At least that's my .02, i eat bananas and Pineapples by the lb and feel awesome!

Waremu

Zachs said:
Lol, I think people over think fruits. Really unless you get a severe reaction to something, the tiny amount of whatever, estrogen, serotonin, pectin, etc, is greatly overshadowed by the minerals, vitamins, fructose and enzymes.

At least that's my .02, i eat bananas and Pineapples by the lb and feel awesome!

I agree 100%. **Almost** all food is bad for you, if you wanted to have a purest mindset and be very technical about it. Even orange juice has pectin, for example. I think having a purest mindset about everything rather than just avoiding the foods that mainly contribute to disease in the long run is unhealthy, psychologically speaking. I think Rob Turner at FPS said it best when he said that there was no perfect food and that all food comes with give or take, and that it is best to focus on foods that give the most and take the least.

RPDiciple

I was wondering about what i should use a staple for my sugar/carb intake that has no/low fat.

Things like white bread and other starches, even tho they have no oils etc the wheat is like 0.9g fat /100 gram and i think 50% of that fat is PUFA? so if you eat alot of it your PUFA will get to 4grams or over a day.

I really love fruit but where i live fruit is not that great but i can find good fruit or juices but the hardest thing is the price. The stuff is so expensive that i cant afford it.

So what other great things are there for me to use as fuel? coca cola? candy ? at least candy has sugar, some gelatin and ofc some crap things like flavors but no starch and no pufa etc

OP
Zachs

Zachs

RPD, I think it's best to stick to the staples from around the world that people without money eat. Bananas, rice and potatoes are all very cheap per calorie and are almost zero fat. Yes it is a lot of starch but it's in a highly digestible form so little fiber actually makes it down to where it causes issues. Honey is also a great addition because of the high fructose content l. You can find it in bulk at coops or bulk food stores. Maple syrup as well. Fruit juice can always be had cheap if you look, apple juice comes to mind. Otherwise, get a lot of your sugars from dairy.

RPDiciple

Zachs: get you.
Its just i also eat for pleasure and i love eating esp something good ofc. Skimmed milk with rice or potatoes, does not get more boring and tasteless then that ;p

Honey is ok but just spoon down honey, not sure tasty that is either as a meal.

Wheat products and stuff you just put some jam or honey on there and it tastes good together with skimmed milk.

Yeah fruit juices are good but the ones that are made without pulp and not from consentrate are so expensive.

Yeah i get alot of sugars from skimmed milk. 3-6 quarts a day but i want something else as well that taste good during the no fat/low fat experiment :D

barbwirehouse

janus said:
barbwirehouse said:
Peat eats plantains

Sure 'bout that?

I thought he said that here but looks not. :?

viewtopic.php?t=4565

Ray Peat - The details vary slightly according to what's available. Daily, milk, fruit (mainly orange juice), eggs, butter, cheese, and coffee. As available, liver, shrimp, squid, oysters, cod, sole, ox-tail soup, chicharrones (puffed pork rind), sapotas, pawpaws, cherimoyas, guanabanas, guavas, carrots, bamboo shoots, small turnips, corundas.

Also

“Plantains are very proinflammatory, with a high serotonin content; commercial orange juice, especially if it doesn’t separate when standing for a few hours, can produce bowel irritation by supporting bacterial growth because of the suspended modified fiber, and watermelons that aren’t perfectly ripe have enough starch to cause problems, though very ripe watermelon is safe.”

Nevermind.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals