Ingredients
1/4 ounce powdered gelatin
14 1/2 ounces milk, divided
5 ounces sugar
3/4 ounce cocoa powder
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, half as much if iodized
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions
In a medium bowl, combine gelatin and 2 1/2 ounces milk. Whisk with a fork to ensure no lumps remain.

In a small sauce pot, combine sugar, cocoa, salt, and remaining milk over medium-low heat. Whisk constantly until smooth and the mixture begins to bubble around the edges, about 5 minutes.

Pour the hot dairy mixture through a sieve into bowl of gelatin. Whisk gelatin into chocolate mixture. Stir in vanilla, and season with additional salt if needed (I've discovered the amount needed will vary according to the bitterness of the cocoa powder, which varies between brand and type).

Set the bowl, uncovered, in the refrigerator. After 15 minutes, cover the pudding with a sheet of plastic wrap pressed against the surface and refrigerate until fully thickened, about 2 hours.

To serve: Whip the thickened pudding with a hand or stand mixer for a full minute to restore its creamy texture. (Alas, stirring or beating with a spatula alone will not sufficiently break up the pudding into a creamy, homogeneous mixture.) Spoon whipped pudding into 4 serving dishes.

If all the pudding is not eaten at this time, it will be necessary to re-whip the pudding before serving, as prolonged refrigeration creates an unpleasantly firm texture.

Notes
All measurements are in weights, as volume measures can be very imprecise. I strongly recommend using a scale for all pastry projects.

The flavor of this pudding changes dramatically depending on the ingredients used. Skim milk makes a pudding with the lighter taste and texture of the "low-fat" puddings whereas whole milk gives the full flavor of the original. High-end fancy cocoa powders like Valrhona will result in a really dynamic, flavorful chocolate pudding, whereas grocery store staples like Hershey's will have a simpler flavor more in line with the taste of the pudding you remember.

sunny

sunny

Make jello with canned fruit cocktail:
1 cup cold water
4 packs of knox (about 1 ounce total)
1 tbsp sugar
2 cups hot water
1 can fruit cocktail or peach (can't be fruit fruit- its enzymes will keep the gelatin from gelling)

In a loaf pan (glass or metal) put the cup of cold water and dissolve the gelatin and sugar. After it's dissolved, pour in the hot water. Let it cool. Discard the juice from the canned fruit cocktail. When the mixture has cooled, put in the fruit cocktail. Put in ref. Once gelled, it's ready to be eaten. Enjoy.

sunny

First post here! :)

:mrgreen:
[img=left]http://i44.tinypic.com/33cqc6v.jpg[/img]

Ingredients:
1 cup water
1.5 Tbsp gelatin
1/4 cup milk of choice (I used coconut milk sometimes...grass-fed milk others)
1 egg
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1-1.5 cup frozen mango chunks

Instructions:
1. Heat water for 1 minute in microwave.
2. Combine gelatin with hot water in blender.
3. Add milk of choice, raw egg, and maple syrup into blender. Blend until combined.
4. Add frozen mango chunks. Add 1 cup, and then add frozen fruit by 1/4 cup until the blender contents are solidified.
5. Garnish with additional mangoes and maple syrup if desired, and serve.

More recipes at: http://gelatinrecipes.blogspot.com/

I love this...

sunny

sunny

sunny

sunny

sunny

sunny

That sounds like a sticky gloppy mess. Besides RP doesn’t recommend instant mashed potatoes. I have been using gelatin in watery soups in leu of flour and cornstarch. Here are two I thickened with gelatin recently and posted the recipes for on the thread linked below. I have also used it with good success making homemade ice cream in leu of the cream and egg yolks. It makes it softer right out of the freezer too.

sunny

Yes!! You've been missing out!

PEATY PROTEINS

PEATY FRUITS & VEGETABLES

NO CREAM ICE CREAM

CHICKEN BONE BROTH & WINGS

PEATY SWEETS & SAUCES

sunny

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals