Coffee And Chocolate

kiran

jyb said:
SheilaHelm1 said:
I have about 5-6 cups of coffee a day with full fat milk and 1tsp fruit sugar and 1.5 tsp of granulated sugar, but it makes me sleepy, what causes that, does it happen to anyone else??

Have you tried a completely different coffee brand? There's a quality coffee I use and seems like I also get very relaxed/sleepy when I drink it. I have the impression it only happens with that coffee and not other I get when I go out.

Hmmm, is that an allergy of some sort, I wonder.

jyb

kiran said:
jyb said:
SheilaHelm1 said:
I have about 5-6 cups of coffee a day with full fat milk and 1tsp fruit sugar and 1.5 tsp of granulated sugar, but it makes me sleepy, what causes that, does it happen to anyone else??

Have you tried a completely different coffee brand? There's a quality coffee I use and seems like I also get very relaxed/sleepy when I drink it. I have the impression it only happens with that coffee and not other I get when I go out.

Could be, though the effect is quite relaxing - too relaxing in fact, and requires a nap. If not an allergy, maybe high magnesium content?

SheilaHelm1

jyb said:
kiran said:
jyb said:
SheilaHelm1 said:

Could be, though the effect is quite relaxing - too relaxing in fact, and requires a nap. If not an allergy, maybe high magnesium content?

I drink different types of coffee throughout the day:
ground cafetiere coffee first thing maybe 2 cups before I leave for work, then at work I drink instant coffee maybe 4 cups throughout the day, variety varies, non of them seem strong enough though really.
I'm definitely a sleepy person though, eating makes me tired, even just moving makes me tired....ha ha.... if I do anything more strenuous than my normal everyday moving (such as gardening or long walks) it takes a couple of days for me to get over it physically, and I always think I look ill for a couple of days after too????
I never take much persuading to head off for a nap .....zzzzzzzzzzzz :oops: :sleeping

jyb

Another idea to test is whether its better to wait to replenish energy stores prior to drinking coffee. I mean that drinking coffee with milk/sugar might not be enough and that the coffeine might get absorbed prior to the sugar? So when waking up in morning, first get OJ and salt, wait 30 mins before doing coffee and sugar.

Jenn

ttramone said:
Jenn said:
I couldn't digest much of anything else and neither could my son. My son had chronic diarrhea/IBS/lead pipe syndrome. He also had no off switch. He literally ate until it hurt....4-5 adult dinner plates worth of food sometimes. I learned that just because you eat it, doesn't mean the body is able to use it.

We ate mostly french fries partly because that was his choice. Potatoes have the easiest protein to digest and are the most bowel forming food. The coconut oil is a given, but french fries are also a great vehicle for getting salt in. I was seriously deficient. French fries kept me warm in winter, nothing else could. It took me about 6-12 months for me to be able to even try coffee. I was afraid of it. When I did, with gelatin and a generous amount of sugar and milk, boy did I feel GOOD!

Wow, that's really cool! So is your son ok now?

I have potatoes cooked in coconut and some sort of protein probably every second or third day - it's probably one of my favourite meals. I find that meal totally satisfying. Just feels right.

Oh yeah, he cleared up over the weekend (our initial appointment was on a Thursday.) :roll: Pissed me off actually, I still have a lot farther to go. I guess I wanted it to be more complicated, because I had tried everything I knew how already. It's a little humbling to find out you don't know diddly squat and your "health" rules have been harming your precious child. One side effects that I found most welcoming is the volatility of disagreements subsided as well. It's nice to have a discussion without the need to bite someones head off. ;)

Cellular starvation is not conducive to cooperation. :)

OP
P

pboy

Recently I've been brewing cocoa powder in a coffee percolator (in the paper filter just like you would coffee) and have been enjoying it. I was wondering if anyone with an espresso machine would think it would be possible to make a cocoa shot...also, I definatly feel good from drinking the cocoa this way, but do you think there is a loss of copper by consuming it in this fashion?

jyb

@pboy: you got your hands on a good coffee percolator? I was looking for one that's not those Italian ones (RP and studies show they leak high amounts of aluminium).

uuy8778yyi

earl grey tea

with clotted cornish cream which is 60% fat

eaten with chocolate

Reet

I find as much as I enjoy it, I can't tolerate cocoa very well, as in it empties my bowels at a rapid speed, diarrhea. Even dark chocolate or a cocoa milky drink, but coffee seems to be ok, as long as I use full fat milk and sugar. I haven't been peating for all that long though, and hope that it will resolve itself soon

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals