Soy Lecithin Free Chocolate

J

j.

I don't know if there is a thread already on soy lecithin free chocolate, if there isn't here it is. Please list the brands of soy-free chocolate you find.

I'll start.

Meybona Organic Milk Chocolate

2008-04-21-47561-300x225.jpg

Ingredients: raw cane sugar, cocoa butter, whole milk powder (26%), cocoa mass, bourbon vanilla. Cocoa solids: 35% minimum.

They also have high-cocoa versions, also soy-free.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Lindt Excellence 90% Cocoa Bar

INGREDIENTS:
Chocolate, cocoa butter, cocoa powder
processed with alkali, sugar, bourbon
vanilla beans

Attachments

• lindt_chocolate_90%_cocoa_bar.png
    lindt_chocolate_90%_cocoa_bar.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 1,434

Rolan

Didn't want to start a new thread so asking here; I'm a bit confused about my Cafedirect, CocoDirect drinking chocolate - Ingredients listed are cane sugar(60%) and cocoa(70%). Am I right to presume this does NOT have Soy Lecithin in it? The label claims gluten free, but nothing on Soy.

5magicbeans

Equal Exchange Chocolatiers Organic Dark Chocolate Caramel Crunch with Sea Salt (55% Cacao)

Organic Chocolate Liquor, *Organic Raw Cane Sugar, *Organic Cocoa Butter, Organic Caramel (*Organic Raw Cane Sugar, Organic Whole Milk Powder), *Organic Unrefined Whole Cane Sugar, Sea Salt, *Organic Ground Vanilla Beans. *Fair Trade ingredient. By weight 97% Fair Trade content.

Soy free and slave free...Yay!!

Attachments

• organic-chocolate-bar-dark-caramel-crunch-with-sea-salt_1.jpg
    organic-chocolate-bar-dark-caramel-crunch-with-sea-salt_1.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 1,081
OP
J

j.

Jenn said:
Pay attention to iron levels in chocolate,not all brands are created equal. Some are very low, some are extrodinarily high.

How do you figure out the iron content of a particular chocolate?

OP
J

j.

Jenn said:
Iron levels is one of the required nutrients to be on the label on food in the US. It will say 8%, 10 %, or 60% or more even.

Oh, wow. Never noticed that.

Carac

ugghh...mine (Trader Joes) has 40% -- but no soy. oh well back to the drawing board on the chocolate...

OP
J

j.

Anyway, regarding the iron in chocolate, I guess that's a good reason to keep taking it with coffee whenever I can.

marcar72

I just had some of the best tasting chocolate yet so I thought I'd post about it here. I've been wanting to try this brand for awhile. I usually eat Lindt 85% chocolate which is pretty tasty and soy free.

[img=center]http://www.lindtusa.com/common/images/products/large/392851_large.png[/img]

INGREDIENTS:
Chocolate, cocoa powder, cocoa butter,
demerara sugar, bourbon vanilla beans.
May contain traces of peanuts/tree
nuts/milk/soybean.

So just a few minutes ago I tried Green and Black's 85% chocolate and was really impressed! It costs a little more than Lindt bars but I think the price is justified. All organic and soy free as well.

0000198_dark-85-100g-bar_550.png

Ingredients

Organic Chocolate Liquor, Organic Cocoa Butter, Organic Fat-Reduced Cocoa Powder, Organic Raw Cane Sugar, Organic Vanilla Extract, Organic Whole Milk Powder *

* Please see FAQ on allergen labeling.

MAY CONTAIN HAZELNUTS, ALMONDS, BRAZIL NUTS, CASHEWS, PISTACHIOS, SOY AND WHEAT.

Stilgar

Is sunflower lecithin a no-no? I have found a couple of UK chocolates with it in (e.g. waitrose own brand). Surely it is to some extent a source of PUFA, unless the amount used is tiny?