L

lazz

Re: extremely confused now :(

pulse was at 95..thermo might be off...cheap, crap ,cost me 4 bucks..lol

OP
L

lazz

ok , Charlie the Boss.. I did what u said , had the thermo in my mouth like for 10 sec before I turned it on and temp read 98.7.. :)

OP
L

lazz

also , im taking 12.5 mcg of T3 twice daily for a total of 25 mcg...should u bump it to 37.5 daily????

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Sweet! I would try it even longer, few minutes for the best reading.

I cannot advise you on how to dose. You need to go off temps, pulse, and how you feel.

Here is a link on dosing thyroid:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=442

J

j.

lazz said:
also , im taking 12.5 mcg of T3 twice daily for a total of 25 mcg...should u bump it to 37.5 daily????

I'm a thyroid supplementation noob, but if I recall correctly, doesn't Ray Peat advise to just take 5 mcg of T3 per hour, because that's how much the body produces?

4peatssake

j. said:
lazz said:

I'm a thyroid supplementation noob, but if I recall correctly, doesn't Ray Peat advice to just take 5 mcg of T3 per hour, because that's how much the body produces?
Yes j - I think it's 4 mcg of T3 per hour the body produces.

He suggests nibbling on it through the day - I take a total of 25 mcg of T3 a day but in 5 or 6 nibbles throughout the day. I also take 1/6th of cynoplus tab in the morning (120/30 mcg t4/t3 per tab)

My temps and pulse have stabilized using this regimen. But everyone's different.

J

j.

4peatssake said:

I think if you take too much, the body takes actions to counteract the thyroid. What I don't know whether this 4 mcg per hour recommendation applies only to some people or to everyone.

4peatssake

j. said:
4peatssake said:

I think if you take too much, the body takes actions to counteract the thyroid. What I don't know whether this 4 mcg per hour recommendation applies only to some people or to everyone.
I think it applies to everyone.

Ray Peat said:
The body produces about 4 mcg of T3 per hour, so taking more than that can interfere with regulatory processes.

This and other good info on dosing thyroid HERE

OP
L

lazz

ok ,guys, sounds like a plan...i'll break the 25 mcg in 6 pieces and take one every couple of hrs..