Coffee…again

Johnny_Burger

Ive'been lurking around for a while, but this is my first post on this forum. I apologize in advance, english is not my first language.

I have seen many post on coffee but, If I am not mistaken, nothing was said about cold brew. Cold brewing completely solve my heartburn issues with coffee so I thought I would let you guys know. 4 1/4 onces of grind coffee in cheese cloth, 2 quarts of water, put it in the fridge for 12 hours and voilà! Coffee concentrate that you can mix with warm water or milk.

Let me know if you try it and it helps!

sonicyouth

Hi Johnny Burger,

From dannyroddy Ray Peat's Brain, I quote:

"COFFEE

Dry instant coffee is close to 0.5% magnesium, so a cup of strong coffee has about 40 mg. I make strong drip coffee.

The antioxidants in very fresh coffee might have some special value, but I think instant coffee is on average just as good as brewed coffee. The high temperature of espresso gets the most caffeine, lower temperature processes get the minerals and vitamins (mostly niacin) and aroma, but a little less of the caffeine.

It's important not to drink coffee on an empty stomach, it should always be with food, since it increases the metabolic rate, and can deplete glycogen stores."

So it seems that lower temperature coffee is very beneficial indeed.

pboy

I drink copious amounts of cold brew (though I buy it). Its very smooth and pretty much never causes gastric side effects, and is very convenient. Its a bit pricier but worth it to me. Its listed as having a very high caffeine content, but for some reason it doesn't seem that strong to me. Perhaps the lower amount of organic acids lead it to being less stimulating...but I'm not sure. I think every form of coffee has its pluses and minuses comparatively. I like a good espresso time to time, and drip is almost always good, as well as cold brew. Initial quality is more the key, and freshness. Ive never really liked instant coffee as much, but I might give it a try again some time