How high are BPA, MSG and acrylamides on RP toxicity list?

Mittir

Re: How high are BPA, MSG and acrylamides on RP toxicity lis

RP talked and wrote about all these issues.
I plugged "gutamate" in RP's google search and found
37 results. He discussed estrogenicity of BPA( Bispehnol A)
in audio interview( KMUD Edema and Wetness) and also in two articles.
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/na ... gens.shtml

Prenatal or neonatal exposure to extremely small amounts of the estrogenic
substances used in plastics, nonylphenol and bisphenol-A,
have been found to greatly increase adult sensitivity to estrogen
(Wadia, et aI., 2007; Soto, et aI., 2008).
The synergy of estrogen and ionizing radiation suggests that early
exposure to either could increase adult sensitivity to both.
http://raypeat.com/pdf/Radiation-and-Gr ... y-2011.pdf

Acrylamide 1 result

Another well publicized problem supposedly involving the reaction between sugars and proteins has to do with the discovery of the carcinogen, acrylamide, in breads and french fries. The Whole Foods Market was sued in California for selling whole wheat bread without a warning that it contained a carcinogen.

But the changes in proteins that occur in diabetes are mainly produced by the breakdown products of polyunsaturated fatty acids. Acrylamide is produced largely by the reaction of PUFA with proteins.
http://raypeat.com/pdf/Radiation-and-Gr ... y-2011.pdf

Ben

I would definitely avoid vinyl, because a study was shown that the chemicals actually leech into the air. Vinyl shower curtains are common, and if you have one, you should buy a polyester one. The chemicals that leech out, phthalates, actually shrink the genitals of boys whose pregnant mothers were exposed to. Sperm count and testosterone level have dropped in the last 50 years or so because of all the estrogenic chemicals.

BPA isn't as harsh, but it should be avoided anyway. If possible, buy a container made of HDPE. The new plastic that claims to be BPA-free, its name starts with a T, has been found to also leech harmful chemicals, so it's basically a scam.

RP recommends eating plenty of protein so the liver can detoxify natural and artificial estrogens.

RP said acrylamide was created when cooking fries for example, with PUFAs, that react with the protein or starch. But acrylamide is low if you cook with coconut oil.

RP did mention mono-sodium glutamate in his articles about excitotoxic amino acids. Aspartame, the artificial sweetener, is a similar substance containing an excitotoxic amino acid common in food and drink.

OP
B

BaconBits

Ben said:
I would definitely avoid vinyl, because a study was shown that the chemicals actually leech into the air. Vinyl shower curtains are common, and if you have one, you should buy a polyester one. The chemicals that leech out, phthalates, actually shrink the genitals of boys whose pregnant mothers were exposed to. Sperm count and testosterone level have dropped in the last 50 years or so because of all the estrogenic chemicals.

BPA isn't as harsh, but it should be avoided anyway. If possible, buy a container made of HDPE. The new plastic that claims to be BPA-free, its name starts with a T, has been found to also leech harmful chemicals, so it's basically a scam.

RP recommends eating plenty of protein so the liver can detoxify natural and artificial estrogens.

RP said acrylamide was created when cooking fries for example, with PUFAs, that react with the protein or starch. But acrylamide is low if you cook with coconut oil.

RP did mention mono-sodium glutamate in his articles about excitotoxic amino acids. Aspartame, the artificial sweetener, is a similar substance containing an excitotoxic amino acid common in food and drink.

Vinyl, that would also mean polivynil, from which a lot of dairy containers are made from?

What about things like wafers and cookies, they are baked in an oven without much oil and mostly with saturated and hydrogenated fats. They test high in acrylamide

Ben

BaconBits said:
Ben said:

Vinyl, that would also mean polivynil, from which a lot of dairy containers are made from?

What about things like wafers and cookies, they are baked in an oven without much oil and mostly with saturated and hydrogenated fats. They test high in acrylamide
You can tell if it's PVC by looking at the bottom of the container. The recycling number for it is #3. I've encountered some dairy containers made of #2 plastic, which is HDPE, the safe type, but don't recall PVC. Supplement containers often contain #3 plastic, but I don't think it's a big deal for capsules.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resin_identification_code

From what I know, food manufacturers were pressured to stop using saturated and hydrogenated fats. If they do contain a lot of acrylamide, it might be because the cookies tested had a lot of PUFA or MUFA. High temperatures also result in more acrylamide, people who try to avoid it cook their food more carefully.

OP
B

BaconBits

I sorry, I mistaken PVC with polystyrene. Dairy containers are from polystyrene.