Weekly Grocery List

Gabrielle

Hello friends! I am trying to make a grocery list Ray Peat style eating. For others who are like me, on the way to healthy freedom!!! Anyone who wants to use this grocery list is welcome too. If you have a weekly grocery list, please share!! :D

*-Milk (2%/1%) (Raw is better.)

-Orange Juice (No additives, or flavorpacks? whatever that is....)

-Cottage cheese (Daisy)

-Coffee

-Gelatin (either from meat or a kind like Great Lakes Gelatin in a powder form)

-Bacon (cooked get the fat out, cook more in coconut oil to counter PUFA)

-Eggs (Cage free, and not corn or soy fed preferably)

-Refined Coconut oil (I assume he doesn't like the un refined as much BECAUSE it has been fermented? Never the less.. Ill probably continue to use both.)

-Frozen potatoes (No additives)

-Sweet potatoes (must be well cooked)

-White rice (well cooked)

-Cheese (without enzymes, just animal rennet.)

-Organic Dried fruit (without sulfur dioxide)

-Sugar

-Salt

-Haagan Dazs(sp) Icecream (ONLY the ones without corn syrup and all the other crap. So Coffee flavor, Vanilla, and I don't know which others are okay yet.) ALSO, I found another brand today with no additives. SAMS French Vanilla.

-Fruit I am buying cherries, and pears but the pears must be skinned and cooked well. Make a dessert! (fresh fruit- certain kinds are better, I am still trying to do research on this. Also in a jar with no additives and even canned with no additive.)

-Carrots (raw.. if that's a thing lol)

-Meat (grassfed)*

So this is my grocery list so far. I am also going to work on one that shares how and why we balance all of this food. I just might make a blog. ;) If I do.. Ill share it with yall! Love you ALL. I HOPE YOUR BODY HEALS AND IS FUNCTIONING SOOOO WELL FOR YOU SO YOU ENJOY YOUR LIVES. Please hope/pray for me too. That I will finally have relief from obesity, hormonal, and dysfunctional thyroid problems, I need my body to heal.
<3 Love from your friend, Gabrielle.

4peatssake

:welcome2 Gabrielle!
So glad you have joined us.
I wish you much healing on your journey!
:carrot2 :carrot2 :carrot2

tara

Welcome Gabrielle :welcome

For my regular shopping list I have several of the things on your list, and also:

liver, ox, lamb or occasionally chicken
chicken necks for stock (I eat a tiny bit every day in the hope I get a little thyroid out of it)
cod
oysters/scallops/shrimps/squid
honey
sucrose (for adding to coffee, cheesecake, stewed fruit)
coffee (I use instant decaf because I have trouble with too much caffeine at this stage)
chocolate
cocoa powder
rice noodles
salt (I use white sea salt without additives mostly - avoid grey, pink etc)
butter
baking soda

I also have some veges on my list, which I cook thoroughly. Peat does have cautions about some veges, but he has also suggested broth from well boiled greens as a source of some vitamins and minerals.

Some coconut oil is extracted by fermenting, but there are other methods too. I think Peat is concerned about some people having reactions to the coconut itself. I use mostly refined, but can sometimes enjoy unrefined too.

Amazoniac

Hi Gabrielle!

I know Dr Peat recommend fruits that you can remove the seeds. But I wouldn't be concerned with the ones that you can't, it wouldn't make sense from an evolutionary perspective to hurt the ones that spread your seeds. The toxins in fruits are probably targeted to smaller lifes, not so much us. They do have to protect them from our chewing, gastric juices and fermentation in the intestines. Larger seeds taste bad, so we spit (they are easy to remove), the smaller ones you don't even notice. Maybe (just speculation) they go throughout our digestive system just like insoluble fiber..
And even if they do contain some toxins that can be harmful, the amount of fruit you should consume in a healthy diet probably won't make the dose poisonous.

OP
G

Gabrielle

Thank you all! <3

Amazoniac that is interesting science! I'd love for someone to test that! I too am an AMAZONIAC lol. Prime!

lindsay

Welcome Gabrielle!!

I think your shopping list looks great!! I would also add some of the items Tara mentioned - especially shellfish. I regularly have shellfish cravings - they are a great source of Selenium and other minerals.

One note about trying to lose weight, it is not always easy for females following an RP protocol as for males - at least this seems to be the general consensus. I don't want to discourage you in any way because we are all different, but the general hindrance to most females, IMO, is digestive issues. Do you have any digestive issues?? Digestion seems to be the root cause of weight gain and distress for most of us because keeping the gut clean and healthy is what keeps estrogen at bay and the helps the liver function more easily. For some of us, this has meant including things like veggies and some fermented foods, but again, this varies from person to person.

Anyhow, I say all this in the hopes that you will keep open minded about including things in your diet that might be beneficial, even though they are not Peat-approved foods.

Wishing you the very best on this path!! Finding Ray Peat saved me from self destruction - I am truly grateful for his research and the people willing to share their stories/struggles on the forums. Best wishes!!