How can I start my diet?

toddy

Hi guys! I have an average body and weight, but I want to have a diet to be more healthy. What is the first that I need to do?

marcar72

Well from a Ray Peat perspective, a couple of things one should do first and foremost would be to cut out as much PUFA from your diet as reasonably possible.

The other thing would to be sure you're getting enough protein in your diet. (anywhere from 80-200+ grams of quality protein per day)

Those two things are pretty much indispensable to "eating Peatish". :2cents

OP
T

toddy

Oh thank you for this helpful tips. What about on exercise?

marcar72

toddy said:
Oh thank you for this helpful tips. What about on exercise?

Ray Peat seems to be against breathless exercise. So going from that I'd personally say anything could be beneficial as long as you could hold a normal conversation during the exercise with no trouble. Some more strict "Peatarians" would probably be against running (jogging), cycling, and/or weightlifting. :2cents

Thinking about it from an evolutionary perspective I came across this thought. If you're exerting yourself too much your body would probably think there's a famine going on, otherwise you wouldn't be exerting yourself that much. When your body thinks there's a famine going on it slows down your metabolism as a safety precaution. That's also why most dieting don't really work long term. :2cents

OP
T

toddy

Ah okay thank for this. I think I go for the jogging so it can help me to get fit and can help me to have a healthy body

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals