A List Of Peat(ish) Junk Foods

answersfound

Sea said:
I think the marshmallow dream bar at starbucks is very healthy:

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/food/bake ... -dream-bar

At In n Out the cheese burger should be fine if you order it without the spread. They have told me that their bun and burger do not contain vegetable oil, but their spread does.

Wow great call on that marshmallow bar! I'm shocked no gums or other garbage.

answersfound

Such_Saturation said:
I never had any issues at the gas station (half gallon of milk, beef jerky and chocolate bar).

I'm jealous. The milk with added vitamins always gives me issues.

answersfound

Dan Wich said:
Boulder Canyon now has coconut oil potato chips. I don't know how widely distributed they are yet (nor what their exact ingredients are), but they might be worth looking for in your local store. They're at Sprouts in my area.

They are now at whole foods and the Fresh Market in my area.

tara

I recently asked another local fish and chip shop if they cooked in beef fat or vege oil. She lowered her voice (there were lots of customers nearby) to tell me beef fat. I let her know I was pleased, and that was what I was hoping for.

Dan W

tara said:
She lowered her voice (there were lots of customers nearby) to tell me beef fat.
We need to come up with a secret hobo sign for places that use beef fat.

Boulder Canyon told me the coconut oil potato chips are a regional test item right now, so they're not sure about their future. The official ingredients are potatoes, coconut oil, and sea salt.

I like amy's gluten free mac and cheese (frozen food), 479 caramel popcorn, and Krave beef jerky.
All pretty good on ingredients that are good for when you can't cook.

G

gummybear

Gummybears
Milk chocolate
Crackers made of butter
Coffee candy praliner
Pocket coffee
Toffee of butter and milk
Bonne maman biscuits and desserts (no pufas)

taylor108

Quesadillas with corn tortillas and cojita cheese, cooked in coconut oil and served with sour cream. Mm.

Spokey

Dan Wich said:
We need to come up with a secret hobo sign for places that use beef fat.

Done.

Attachments

• HoboPeat.png
    HoboPeat.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 1,110
I'm surprised Peatarians haven't been eating chips & cottage cheese. It's the only thing I've been eating cottage cheese with for years.

Get some quality corn tortillas and cut them up and bake them with coconut oil, or buy Honest Chips - a brand of potato chips that only use coconut oil and sea salt.

I often eat: 2 oranges, 12oz cottage cheese, and half a bag of salted chips as a snack.

Dan W

Jackson's Honest now has tortilla chips. The two basic flavors are just corn, coconut oil, and salt.

They confirmed to me that their corn is nixtamalized:
Absolutely it is; we follow as traditional a method as we can and the addition of limewater to our unprocessed corn kernels in the cooking process increases the nutritional value of the resulting masa and makes it much easier to work with in our low and slow cooking process.

FredSonoma

Trader Joe's salt water taffy:

Ingredients: Tapioca syrup, cane sugar, organic extra virgin coconut oil (expeller pressed), natural flavors (strawberry, sour apple, red licorice, watermelon, banana cream, wild cherry), cage free egg whites, malic acid, salt, colored with vegetable extracts (red radish, red cabbage, tumeric).

This is all safe right??

answersfound

FredSonoma said:
post 87587 Trader Joe's salt water taffy:

Ingredients: Tapioca syrup, cane sugar, organic extra virgin coconut oil (expeller pressed), natural flavors (strawberry, sour apple, red licorice, watermelon, banana cream, wild cherry), cage free egg whites, malic acid, salt, colored with vegetable extracts (red radish, red cabbage, tumeric).

This is all safe right??

Yep

Last edited by a moderator:

johnwester130

in theory, plain refined corn flour would also be okay

because it has the phytic acid and the pufa removed ?