Substitutes for oysters and chicken necks?

BingDing

There is a thread on biogenic amines here. Almost all meat in the US is dry aged, which means it hangs in a room for 2-3 weeks. Long story short, what happens to the cow in the room is exactly the same as what happens to a road kill deer on the side of the highway. It rots.

RP has an article here. As usual it covers so many different things I get dizzy half way through :P but in the middle it says

In the absence of oxygen, no carbon dioxide is produced, and the result is that the normal disposition of ammonia from amino acids as urea is blocked, and the polyamines are formed instead. The chemical names of two of the main polyamines are suggestive of the flavors that they impart to the aging meat: Cadaverine and putrescine. After two or three weeks of aging, there has been extensive breakdown of proteins and fats, with the production of very complex new mixtures of chemicals.

Edit: Bolding added. And later he says the amines oxidize to aldehydes, which are toxic.

kkrtype

I have used chicken feet, yes, that sounds so frickin gross! But I tell you, after I let them stew for at least 12 hours, they make the most gelatinous broth! And if I am making beef broth, sometimes it doesn't gel and I will cook it with a chicken foot or two and it gels. I don't eat the feet, however, and use a very fine strain to make sure I get everything out when I strain the broth!

Philomath

Has anyone tried to make a bouillabaisse? I saw an episode of Good Eats with Alton Brown and it seems like a very Peatish soup. Includes fish head stock and different kinds of fish, shellfish and other seafood. Here's the episode:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/good-e ... -soup.html