Go-to For Eating Out?

mangolife

- Steak and new boiled potatoes
- seafood paella

Sometimes I just get whatever, because let's face it, it's probably gonna have a lot of PUFA anyway. I don't go all out ridiculous, though; if there's a more preferable option I'll get that. Usually end up with beef/lamb/sea food/cod, and ice cream & coffee for dessert. Coke, wine or cider to drink.

tara

Don't do it often.
I've had seafood chowder a few times, though it may have more PUFA than I want.
Roast meat with boiled potatoes.
Creme brulee or cheesecake.
Decaf latte or juice or coke or ginger ale.
Takeaways: fish and chips from places that cook in beef fat, and if I'm being careful I eat the fish and ditch the wheaty batter.
May not be perfect.

Philomath

1. Just about any meal with shrimp, scallops or oysters and I'll try to get mashed potatoes as a side. Dessert is usually espresso (or mocha) with sugar or a pannacotta if they have it. Maybe the apple filling of an apple pie too
2. Grass fed beef tacos on corn tortillas from Chipotle.
3. When desperate, oatmeal & milk from McDonald's

marcar72

Westside PUFAs said:
marcar72 said:
Just offer up the money for a half gallon of whole milk and drink it like a crazed king... :p

Does Ray drink whole milk? :think:

It appears he advocates for it the most if one can handle the calories... :2cents

"Milk with reduced fat content is required by US law to have vitamins D and A added. The vehicle used in the vitamin preparation, and the industrial contaminants in the “pure” vitamins themselves, are possible sources of allergens in commercial milk, so whole milk is the most likely to be free of allergens."

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/milk.shtml

marcar72 said:
It appears he advocates for it the most if one can handle the calories

That article appears to have been written in 2011 which was right before DR made Peat popular on the online scene in 2012. The infamous "I have heard from several people that they think I recommend drinking whole milk, which I don't" quote is from an email exchange that is from late 2012, after Ray took off the contact button on his home page because some many people were emailing him with questions. Many people were emailing him mentioning whole milk so that was his reply.

Also, lower fat milk is more natural than whole because with whole or even 1 or 2% the fat is homogenized. If you milked the cow and let the cream settle on top, you can just skim the cream off and drink the milk without the cream, the real way. There is still a small amount of fat dispensed in the milk at that point but it's nowhere near the same as homogenized "whole" milk that has the cream squeezed through tiny holes as to make it mix into the whole liquid. And no, that has nothing to do with being "raw" or not, that's how milk was traditionally consumed, without the cream. The cream was used for other purposes.

marcar72

Westside PUFAs said:
marcar72 said:
It appears he advocates for it the most if one can handle the calories

That article appears to have been written in 2011 which was right before DR made Peat popular on the online scene in 2012. The infamous "I have heard from several people that they think I recommend drinking whole milk, which I don't" quote is from an email exchange that is from late 2012, after Ray took off the contact button on his home page because some many people were emailing him with questions. Many people were emailing him mentioning whole milk so that was his reply.

O.K. so drink the milk of your choice then there Mr. You're taking contextual advice out of context. My statement serves as a precise view of Dr. Peat's view in the email that you speak of... :2cents

schultz

This is all I could find in my depository of clips

As far as drinking whole milk is concerned, I always thought of it like this: You can get away with drinking whole milk if you're keeping other fats pretty low. If you're drinking whole milk and also eating lots of butter, cheese, cream, you may gain weight a little easier.

The idea that cultures would skim the milk and use the cream for other things seems reasonable, however I think the idea isn't so clear-cut. They would still be ingesting the equivalent of whole milk because they would be eating the things that they made with the cream. Also, cows tend to give a lot of milk, and given that refrigeration did not exist, it's likely that they had more milk than they could manage. It's possible that they could have been consuming even more cream than just from regular milk. Scoop the tasty part off, and give the skim milk to the pigs or something.

I have goats who give me milk and it does not readily separate. Since a lot of cultures use goats for milk, they too would be drinking whole milk. I do intend to one day buy a milk separator so I can use the cream for things like cream cheese, mascarpone, ice cream, etc, but until then I must consume the milk as is. One breed of goat I have gives anywhere from 6%-10% fat milk (similar to sheep) and the other breed gives around 3%.

Attachments

• Milk - Gallon of Milk.mp3
    570.2 KB · Views: 208

schultz

Oh I forgot to comment on the actual topic.

If a restaurant has raw oysters then I get that. Otherwise I go for steak or lamb. You can usually get a baked potato with steak. Drinks are easy: milk, coffee, juice or pop.

BobbyDukes

A quarter pounder (with cheese), from McDonnalds, isn't all that high in PUFA. I ask them to take out all sauces, and then ask for ketchup to put in myself. There's more PUFA in a quart of whole milk, according to cronometer.

Their hamburgers and cheeseburgers are also not that high in PUFA. Nor are their milkshakes (although, admittedly, you get all the gum crap, however. Like with most store bought creams, milkshakes, etc).

You just got to tell them not to put any of their sauces in the burgers.

I just type these foods into the cronometer on my phone.

Dominos pizzas, although yummy, are packed with PUFA. An average pizza is about 16g of PUFA. I'd easily eat one of those to myself, back in the day. Same with Pizza Hut. Honestly, some of the stuff in McDonald's is pretty bad too, but the things ive mentioned above are apparently ok (ish), if you believe the cronometer. I would chose these options every time (going by what the cronometer is telling me), than going to some obscure eating hole, where I have no clue how much toxic shitty PUFA is in it. McDonald's is where I will go to eat, if I really have to join the herd sometimes. One at a time please, ladies.

But hey. Don't ever go to nandos. The greasiest, clearly soaked in PUFA, ***t I have ever come across. The only commercial eatery, other than English fish 'n' chips, that has made me feel like I actually want to die, and that my body is being poisonend. Vitamin E can be helpful in these circumstances.

answersfound

My go-to is usually French fries. And I'll take 400 IU of vitamin E. Cheeseburgers without the bun too. Gummy bears. Beef jerky. Pork rinds. Red bull. Real sugar pepsi. Bagel with butter.

schultz said:

Thanks for that. I will add that to my collection. There's a few more scattered throughout all of the interviews but it takes a while to listen to them all.

schultz said:
They would still be ingesting the equivalent of whole milk because they would be eating the things that they made with the cream.

Not necessarily. And if the cream is used to make butter or cheese then all of that fat wouldn't be consumed in the same amount of time as milk is consumed. Cheese takes months to make and doesn't spoil like milk does so it can just be there to snack on and won't go bad like milk would.

In order to make butter you have to take the cream. That's how butter is made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tigXaA5W9tQ

Of course you could decide to not use the cream of one particular milking and not make butter with it but cream is butter, butter is cream. Which tastes horrible without salt by the way.

schultz said:
Since a lot of cultures use goats for milk, they too would be drinking whole milk.

Not necessarily. Ever had goat butter?

ixb7tu.jpg

schultz said:
I do intend to one day buy a milk separator so I can use the cream for things like cream cheese, mascarpone, ice cream, etc, but until then I must consume the milk as is.

When you say you must consume as is, that sounds a little weird because I'm assuming you are talking about non-homogenized whole milk, in which most of the cream would settle on the top, in which you could then skim off the cream and use it for what you said. You can't seperate homogenized milk.

2hriuc9.jpg

I'm buying one.

http://www.amazon.com/Cream-Electric-Ce ... B008LLY2Z4

Mike1234

answersfound said:
My go-to is usually French fries. And I'll take 400 IU of vitamin E. Cheeseburgers without the bun too. Gummy bears. Beef jerky. Pork rinds. Red bull. Real sugar pepsi. Bagel with butter.

I usually eat out once a week and doing exactly what you describe, in n out is my favorite. Finish it off with some ice cream :D

schultz

Westside PUFAs said:
schultz said:

Thanks for that. I will add that to my collection. There's a few more scattered throughout all of the interviews but it takes a while to listen to them all.

Yah I hate it when I remember a certain quote but don't know which podcast it's from, so I started making clips and have tons of them on my computer.

Westside PUFAs said:
schultz said:
They would still be ingesting the equivalent of whole milk because they would be eating the things that they made with the cream.

Not necessarily. And if the cream is used to make butter or cheese then all of that fat wouldn't be consumed in the same amount of time as milk is consumed. Cheese takes months to make and doesn't spoil like milk does so it can just be there to snack on and won't go bad like milk would.

In order to make butter you have to take the cream. That's how butter is made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tigXaA5W9tQ

Of course you could decide to not use the cream of one particular milking and not make butter with it but cream is butter, butter is cream. Which tastes horrible without salt by the way.

When you first start making cheese it would take a few months before you had any cheese to eat, but after a while you would have several wheels of cheese and therefore could eat it everyday. Since the whey is taken out of cheese then cheese actually has a higher amount of fat than whole milk, unless the cheese was made with a reduced fat milk like Parmesan.[/quote]

Westside PUFAs said:
schultz said:
Since a lot of cultures use goats for milk, they too would be drinking whole milk.

Not necessarily. Ever had goat butter?

ixb7tu.jpg

To make butter with goats milk you need a separator to get the cream out. Goats milk eventually starts to separate on its own but it takes a while and may not fully separate to the extent of cows milk. You need a lot of cream to make butter so it doesn't seem realistic that cultures who don't own a separator would be making butter from goats milk.

Westside PUFAs said:
schultz said:
I do intend to one day buy a milk separator so I can use the cream for things like cream cheese, mascarpone, ice cream, etc, but until then I must consume the milk as is.

When you say you must consume as is, that sounds a little weird because I'm assuming you are talking about non-homogenized whole milk, in which most of the cream would settle on the top, in which you could then skim off the cream and use it for what you said. You can't seperate homogenized milk.

I am talking specifically about goats milk. I do not own cows currently but have several goats. I do not own a separator, but intend to buy one in the future.

My original point was this: Several cultures have goats instead of cows. Poorer cultures don't own a cream separator and therefore most of these cultures would be consuming whole goats milk. This was in response to you saying that milk was traditionally consumed without the fat. I was just pointing out that some milk can't be readily separated and therefore milk may have been consumed in its whole state by some people.

This was not meant to be some big argument.

jyb

That goat butter in the picture is surprisingly common in the UK now. It's in every Tesco. It's different and stronger than regular (cow) butter.

sm1693

jyb said:
That goat butter in the picture is surprisingly common in the UK now. It's in every Tesco. It's different and stronger than regular (cow) butter.

Does milk get mandatory added vitamins in UK and Europe? Is milk mostly grain-fed?

jyb

sm1693 said:
jyb said:

Does milk get mandatory added vitamins in UK and Europe? Is milk mostly grain-fed?

No, even average milk is without ingredients and seems grass fed other than in winter. But in UK it is typically pasteurised and homogenised, perhaps even more so than in other countries. I avoid all these problems by buying from the farm, it's guaranteed raw milk and near 100% grass or silage all year long. A2 milk is much less common than A1, but for me it has not been a problem to get.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals