How much do you spend on food?

tara

Thanks Tarmander :)

Nicholas

yeah, i would love to see what 8000 calories a day looks like. even 3500 for that matter. My guess is that high calorie diets must involve a lot of table sugar and/or fat

EIRE24

Nicholas said:
yeah, i would love to see what 8000 calories a day looks like. even 3500 for that matter. My guess is that high calorie diets must involve a lot of table sugar and/or fat

I think it depends on what the person does for example exercise and daily activities. It doesnt suprise me that some people need that many calories to repair and recover. It would be hard to make sure you are getting all the nutrients to support such a high metabolism though so I dont think it would involve a lot of table sugar as that would lead to problems.

Tarmander

Nicholas said:

Here is an example from last week. I don't usually eat oatmeal, but I had some. Also the ice cream is wrong, but it was the closest proximity to Coconut Bliss which I have had a craving for the last few weeks. I also don't usually have that many potatoes, but I guess it was a potato day. The only downside really is that iron is high. I am not sure what to do about this because the iron comes from the potatoes and the ice cream mostly. I guess give blood and take aspirin. Even like the orange juice and the milk has a decent amount of iron. Also, there is probably a gram less PUFA as the ice cream I had to use has more then the one I actually eat I believe.

Attachments

• Diet Pic.JPG
    Diet Pic.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 266
  • Diet Pic2.JPG
    Diet Pic2.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 269

Nicholas

Tarmander said:
Nicholas said:

Here is an example from last week. I don't usually eat oatmeal, but I had some. Also the ice cream is wrong, but it was the closest proximity to Coconut Bliss which I have had a craving for the last few weeks. I also don't usually have that many potatoes, but I guess it was a potato day. The only downside really is that iron is high. I am not sure what to do about this because the iron comes from the potatoes and the ice cream mostly. I guess give blood and take aspirin. Even like the orange juice and the milk has a decent amount of iron. Also, there is probably a gram less PUFA as the ice cream I had to use has more then the one I actually eat I believe.

yeah, i just wanted to make sure that 3500 looks like what i would imagine....more of the starchies and cream and sugar. what are the macro ratios for this day?

FredSonoma

EIRE24 said:
Nicholas said:

I think it depends on what the person does for example exercise and daily activities. It doesnt suprise me that some people need that many calories to repair and recover. It would be hard to make sure you are getting all the nutrients to support such a high metabolism though so I dont think it would involve a lot of table sugar as that would lead to problems.

A lot of sugar in coffee, decent amounts of heavy cream, and a lot of soda / juice / fruit. I do have to be careful with having too much non-fruit sugar as it makes me feel weird.

EIRE24

FredSonoma said:
EIRE24 said:
Nicholas said:

Yes that makes sense. Ray says that sugar can speed up metabolism but without the proper nutrients it may not be the best. Do you eat liver? And what fruits do you mostly eat?

A lot of sugar in coffee, decent amounts of heavy cream, and a lot of soda / juice / fruit. I do have to be careful with having too much non-fruit sugar as it makes me feel weird.

FredSonoma

EIRE24 said:
FredSonoma said:
EIRE24 said:
Nicholas said:

Yes that makes sense. Ray says that sugar can speed up metabolism but without the proper nutrients it may not be the best. Do you eat liver? And what fruits do you mostly eat?

Mango, papaya, and oranges. I do eat liver, around half a pound a week.

EIRE24

FredSonoma said:
EIRE24 said:
FredSonoma said:
EIRE24 said:
Nicholas said:

Really? Half a pound? That's quite a lot of liver. I might increase my intake and see if it helps in anyway. I usually get in around half of what you eat in a week.

Mango, papaya, and oranges. I do eat liver, around half a pound a week.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals