New Zealand [Peat - friendly / inspired GPs?]

Gl;itch.e

New Zealand

Hmm. That would be good to know. Though I doubt we'd have much luck. I could pretend to be a doctor and tell you to eat carrots if it helps! :):

XPlus

New Zealand

The last time I've visited a doctor in NZ, I asked him about l-carnitine.
He quickly googled it, peeked for a second on the Wikipedia page and told me "Yeah, it looks good".
Then told me about the story of how he replaced butter with margarine after it's got a bad publicity back in the 80s :mrgreen:

Then you got that candida crusher dude.
He prolly get an army of angry clients if he goes Peat.

milk_lover

New Zealand

I've always dreamed of traveling to New Zealand. The nature there is unbelievable according to google images. I think wandering in the jungles enjoying nature breath might be your doctor, powerful healer.

Dayman

New Zealand

None that I have found. There are a couple of holistic doctors in Auckland. In my experience their approach is different to the standard practice, but still not Peaty.

Unfortunately doctors stick to a specific set of approaches learned in Med school, and sadly resistant to taking suggestions from clients.

answersfound

Danny Roddy always talks about how you shouldn't "outsource your health." I agree with this. If you really want to feel empowered and in charge of your health, you should learn to be your own doctor. Doctors can be good for getting prescriptions for something like thyroid or Cyproheptadine, or blood work, but your internal guidance system is what is going to get you to a state of well being. Blood work doesn't even tell you much and all the tools you need can be found on the internet.

tara

Catcream said:
post 111521 "I barely have enough time to read the latest medical journals " Yikes.
I can imagine this.
I you haven't already done so, you could look up all the posts here by former poster peatarian.

Last edited by a moderator:

answersfound

Catcream said:
post 111555 Yes, thank you answersfound, this is what I am attempting to do.
Thank you Tara.

Yea. It was tough for me to come to this realization. I don't know what your situation is, but after seeing 15+ doctors I realized I was looking for very specific answers that aligned with what I was reading around here. I would get recommendations to take antidepressants, adrenal supplements, iron, etc. and I strongly considered them because "my way" was not working. Most of the doctors basically become offended when you make suggestions or share ideas, because they are so strict in their methods of treatment. I'm so amazed how many people blindly follow doctor's recommendations and are even willing to accept the side effects like LOSS OF LIBIDO that comes with many of the medications prescribed today. If you want some help, you may want to look up BioChem Nordic. She provides coaching that is Peat inspired.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: