List Of Peat Friendly Physicians?

Nick Ireland

One thing I have had problems with is finding private consultants / physicians who are prepared to take a Peat perspective on anyone's respective disease process and treat accordingly. It's knowing WHERE to look that is an issue.

That may sound unnecessary to some, considering the 'heal thyself' (with food) stance of metabolic correction. However, cases where it may be necessary:

(1) legitimate physicians are required for the purpose of official diagnostics and workups - especially where medical insurance is involved

(2) a person may already be in treatment and there is an opportunity to integrate Peat protocols into that treatment

(3) through a single physician, an accumulating case book of Peat-method diagnosis and treatment must surly be prized in the interests of expediency and accuracy

(4) let's not forget that Peat is a physician himself

I'm not suggesting that docs are resistant per se to these metabolic theories, on the contrary I'm sure there are a growing number of professional converts.
To the above ends, is there or will there be, an informal register of recognised physicians in the US and elsewhere who can be contacted and retained for people with clinically diagnosed illnesses? I can't imagine Peat can treat everyone (oh if that were the case!) or that he can respond to every email (I've been unsuccessful).

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Dr. Peat is a scientist with a PHD degree.
Nick Ireland said:
post 104906 4) let's not forget that Peat is a physician himself

Last edited by a moderator:

answersfound

There are no Peat friendly physicians. I have been to a Broda Barnes one, which is the closest you will get. If you are struggling to figure things out, I would visit one of them. There are a good amount of them throughout the U.S. But be prepared for the iron supplements and hydrocortisone/adrenal support they may throw at you.

But luckily, you can get all the medications you need over the internet. I don't even think you need labs, although they can be helpful once in a while. The body is always telling you something. With the information and ideas around here, you can decode the complex language that it speaks. Broda Barnes helped many without any lab work. Just desiccated thyroid. If you let us know your symptoms, we can help guide you in the right direction.

Ideonaut

answersfound said:
post 104921 But luckily, you can get all the medications you need over the internet.
Can you? I would like to try the Cytomel that Peat says he has taken for memory and some other good thyroid to try. Any recommendations for
internet sources without a prescription?

slayers

dr. shippen is the most peat friendly doctor i know... he likes good levels of thyroid, testosterone, low e2, low prolactin.

slayers said:
post 105800 dr. shippen is the most peat friendly doctor i know... he likes good levels of thyroid, testosterone, low e2, low prolactin.

And he still has his license? :shock:

slayers

Why wouldn't he?

He's doesn't discuss to much about diet, he's just normal in that area, He's not really peat but he goes in that direction in terms of hormones... he's be far better than the average doctor but still a far away from being close to peat.

answersfound

slayers said:
Why wouldn't he?

Because the medical system is designed to keep people ill and on prescription drugs. Any doctor that is treating patients to achieve superior health using hormonal therapy is a threat to their business. It is typically very difficult for doctors to remain board cerified because they dont use standard protocols for evaluating patients and are regarded as "quacks". For example, most doctors will treat high cholesterol with medication, whereas Dr. Shippen probably does not.

The fact is that treating someone with thyroid when his TSH isn't around five or more will end up looking like an unjustified prescription, and they are starting to crack down on those. Also looking at something like estradiol and prolactin in a male would seem strange at best, and trying to lower estradiol in a female would seem pointless or dangerous to any other doctor.

OP
N

Nick Ireland

I presume Peat is a physician because he uses medical knowledge to treat people either remotely or in person via his small clinic (based on the definition of a physician). I read in a progesterone article that he also had a holistic treatment clinic in Mexico at some point?

Some examples that clearly make my point. I'm not here to 'fight the power, man', I'm looking for progress within the establishment.
(1) my friend lost the top of his finger in an accident. I posted the pic here some time ago. He is not rich, and had to use insurance. Despite availing of the Peat advice and case studies for exactly this type of energy, his physician was not in agreement and now my friend no longer has the tip of his finger - permanently. He could have appointed a Peat friendly physician and that would have made a big difference. Sure, he could have gone maverick and treated himself, but the implications/repercussions of that for his insurance and job were not worth the risk.

(2) If my sister had pregnancy complications, would she call her gyno urgently, or slap on some Progest-E and start a thread? Yes, there are clear applications to integrate Peat nutrition and methods into pre natal medicine. There is no harm in asking for a list of physicians who have 'seen the light' so to speak. It may be a small list, but it will grow and it would be very useful to discerning or frustrated patients.

Insurance and legality are realistic considerations for many with serious or critical health problems. The change in those limitations to achieve good health must come from within the respective organisations, promoted by qualified people, especially younger generations. I have colleagues who started out as combat medics and now study biology or medicine. They had never heard of Peat but their interest was peaked when I mailed them links. My own GP now reads Peat's latest essays. Who is going to help more sick people using Peat medicine? Me on Facebook? Or my doctor? I've had surgeons flatly dismiss metabolic approaches to disease, but that does not deter me from discussing it with every physician I meet. It only takes one...

So, if there EVER is going to be a developing list, I hope it's available here.

Velve921

Dr. Reynas in Chicago area is by no means a Peat physician....however, he is open and a very good listener! Every time I do a check up and bloodwork he'll sit snd talk with me for 30-45 minutes. He's also open to writing prescriptions if you give go reason based on research. If people on here are in Chicago he is based in River Forest; he is very kind and great support system.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Nick Ireland said:
post 105845 So, if there EVER is going to be a developing list, I hope it's available here.
You have been nominated "Peat Friendly Physician List Gatherer". Feel free to use all forum resources to build said list and even post it in "The Ray Peat Forum Wiki".

:D

Last edited:

PTP

I have a list from a natural thyroid group of US based physicians, I wouldn't call them Ray Peat doctors, but at least they are pro NDT, plus it has a patient review or two for most of them.

goodandevil

brumpfschmlog said:
post 104931
answersfound said:
post 104921 But luckily, you can get all the medications you need over the internet.
Can you? I would like to try the Cytomel that Peat says he has taken for memory and some other good thyroid to try. Any recommendations for
internet sources without a prescription?

I just got some liquid t3 from bkue syk peptides .. good stuff. The good brand of t3x grossman, isnt supposed to return until december. La pharma isnt bad. The liquid t3 is 100 mcg per ml, given 50 microliters per drop, that's 5mcg/drop so i take a ml of concentrated soln wnd add 4 ml of water to ge mt a 1 mcg/drop solution. I must say i prefer it to t4.

OP
N

Nick Ireland

Charlie - thank you :):
I hope we get something going.
Ewlevy1 has the kind of dream physician that is open to ideas and data that everyone needs.
PTP - I would be happy to run that list with your note. Maybe we should collect data/feedback here and then stick it onto a permanent list?

whit

You have been nominated "Peat Friendly Physician List Gatherer". Feel free to use all forum resources to build said list and even post it in "The Ray Peat Forum Wiki".

:D

Peat-friendly physicians in the Indianapolis, Indiana, or Louisville, Kentucky areas.
Have someone with a possible under- or undiagnosed thyroid/adrenal-fatigue issue. Please, and thank you.

The fact is that treating someone with thyroid when his TSH isn't around five or more will end up looking like an unjustified prescription, and they are starting to crack down on those. Also looking at something like estradiol and prolactin in a male would seem strange at best, and trying to lower estradiol in a female would seem pointless or dangerous to any other doctor.

yeah my doctor thought my prolactin was normal at like 12 or 13.. peat recommends less than 7 lol