The Ray Peat Appreciation Thread

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I just want to stop for a minute, and give thanks to the man who has helped so many.

Ray, thank you. You have given many of us, our life back.

Thank you for your humble attitude towards the community and the people who you come in contact with. Your graciousness is admirable. Thank you for ripping the veil off, and exposing the lies of "medicine" that is today. Thank you for being that light of truth, showing us the flaws of the "dietary system" that exists today. Thank you for giving many of us, more hope for a brighter, healthier, future, then we have ever had. Thank you for your art. :mrgreen:

:hattip

[img=center]http://raypeat.com/art/3b.jpg[/img]

I learned and I am changed :mrgreen:

When I found out someone could be so timelessly open-minded; how much ardent knowledge will pour into you if you let it; a rather large rock seemed to crumble off my chest. Also something must have happened in my brain because I now feel (daily) a rush of fresh air into my brain's frontal lobe, just behind my forehead. It feels like you are Hongi kissing the Buddha. The food could also have caused it.

tinkerer

Callooh! Callay! Thank you Ray, for answering gajillions of questions from folks with patience and thoroughness!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks and mere words cannot express my gratitude for all you have done. As a medical worker who has suffered from ill health for over two decades I never dreamed a scientist would hold the answers to my healing. Your work is transformative and the positive changes resulting from you freely sharing your knowledge is and will continue to have a ripple effect as all of us you have unselfishly helped to go out and make the world a better place. Thank you for exposing the systems that threaten to destroy our health and what it means to be human and giving us the tools to live long, fulfilling and vibrant lives. I can feel the love radiant forth from my being just as you have described in your writings and it's a truly priceless gift. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! :grouphug2

SQu

I think what I most appreciate is not being patronized. Doctors, pharmacists, the media - it drives me nuts. After years of struggling to find intelligent coherent humble honest TRUTH out there, his articles were like a gift. He doesn't even treat you like an idiot when you are an idiot. Even if you're downright rude, and too stupid to even know how stupid you are - no matter what, he remains so polite.

sueq said:
I think what I most appreciate is not being patronized. Doctors, pharmacists, the media - it drives me nuts. After years of struggling to find intelligent coherent humble honest TRUTH out there, his articles were like a gift. He doesn't even treat you like an idiot when you are an idiot. Even if you're downright rude, and too stupid to even know how stupid you are - no matter what, he remains so polite.

I think that is because he has accepted the causality of bad mood. The internal logic breaks down with high serotonin and estrogen, so a subconscious, irrational anger is completely natural in such a condition. In a second moment the organism accepts that he cannot comprehend the logic of this non-logic and starts worshipping it. This leads to additional anger as a tool of self legitimization, so in a way the need for a philosophical justification of existence remains strong even in a diseased state.

pboy

sueq said:

good point, and I agree
also agree with what such saturation is saying...Peat knows people all have potential if given the right resources in the right environment, so he probably remains optimistic and also knows short term sort of non sensical things people say or what they live is probably because they have never had the energy, knowledge, or space to reconsider or change anything

I wish well for peat and appreciate the work he does...or rather, the fact he shares his joy and passion

I stand in awe of Ray Peat's brain: his philosophy, talent, patience and generosity are truly amazing...what a fine human being.

narouz

thebigpeatowski said:
I stand in awe of Ray Peat's brain: his philosophy, talent, patience and generosity are truly amazing...what a fine human being.

Okay, man.
You know it's gonna be an uphill battle here though, right?.:lol:

Suikerbuik

By accident I was back on some forums/sites I had been following before. I did just a quick look on what they were discussing and what kind of answers were given. I won't go into details since this is not the place for such things. Let's just say that I am happy a forum like this exists! :)

I am only aware of Ray Peat's work for a year and a half or so. All the understanding, the articles, dozens of interviews, recent devotion to answer 20 random questions. It's just amazing. I can come up with all kinds of words, but words fall short.

All I have is much appreciation. It makes my understanding and consciousness grow exponentially. Thanks Ray !

jyb

Ray is so good I'm glad I was so wrecked I had to look for health help and eventually found his articles.

marcar72

Yes, thanks to Mr. Ray Peat! I have my high school body and libido back within plenty of time of my midlife crisis! Now all I need is for the gray hairs to turn back and the old hairline to proceed back to where it was 25 years ago. Ohhh, and a red sports car! Can't forget the red sports car for the midlife crisis now can we!! :lol: